⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo I was thinking this last week.

If Ajax are this good and they’re level on points with PSV, the league is going down to the wire. How good are PSV?

Cause I have no idea. I think champcruthik champcruthik is a PSV fan right? What talent is on PSV?
Yeah, man. I like tracking PSV, along with Leverkusen, OL and Shakhtar. PSV has only lost two matches in the Dutch campaign. One of those Ls was recently in 'De Topper.' Tadic and Neres scored in the second half after Mazraoui got sent off. The other domestic L was to Feyenoord back in December. They've conceded by far the least amount of goals in Eredivisie (only 23). Ajax is closest, with five more goals conceded on the season. Eindhoven has considerable talent. Luuk de Jong is the captain and does a lot of the scoring. Bergwijn is a budding star on the wing. Most know about "Chucky" Lozano from the 2018 WC, at the very least, for Mexico. Gaston Pereiro is a good Uruguayan MF from Montevideo. Another MF, Pablo Rosario, spent time on the Ajax youth teams actually. Jorrit Hendrix often plays on the left side of a midfield three with Pereiro in the middle and Rosario on the right. He's more defensive-minded. Can also play LB and centre-half if van Bommel really needed. Dumfries is emerging as a stellar RB. Only 22, from Rotterdam. Angelino starts at LB. Armada Armada probably knows more about him, since he came from City. In the middle of defence is Viergever and Schwaab. Reliable vets. Schwaab bounced around Bundesliga before setting down in Eindhoven. The last match of PSV's Eredivisie campaign will probably determine who ends up champs. Tough match at AZ to end the season.

In y'all unbiased opinon who should RM go after for the midfield?

This honestly is a great question. I think you have a year or two of good modric left. But do you want to get younger or look for a big name? and how does Zidane see the team going forward?

I think Hazard will help (obviously). But i still think you need another #9 and i am not a big tony kroos fan. If anything i look for a holding middy and some one to replace Kroos. But i have to think $150M can be better spent then on Pogba.

Ndombele is a far, far better passer than Casemiro but isn't quite the defensive disruptor the Brazuca is. Casemiro is perfect for that rugged nature and 'dirty work' pivot that Mou used to ask for at Chelsea from Makelele. And to a lesser extent with Matic, Obi Mikel and Essien.

I don't love a potential Eriksen signing. Sure, he's the best Danish footballer in the world and crucial to unlocking Kane and Sonny for Spurs but what separates him from someone like Pjanic? I rate them both in the same MF tier. Which is very good, even great but not elite or world-class.

I wouldn’t mind getting Ndombele to get more athletic but imo we’re good at DM with Marcos Llorente. Just that Zizou doesn’t give him any opportunity. But he’s legit. Think Zizou needs to set his sights anywhere but Pogba at that fee. Feel bad for Pogz in footballing terms, but it’s one of those situations where he made his own bed taking the money. Kind of like Neymar stuck in PSG.

Yeah, man. I like tracking PSV, along with Leverkusen, OL and Shakhtar. PSV has only lost two matches in the Dutch campaign. One of those Ls was recently in 'De Topper.' Tadic and Neres scored in the second half after Mazraoui got sent off. The other domestic L was to Feyenoord back in December. They've conceded by far the least amount of goals in Eredivisie (only 23). Ajax is closest, with five more goals conceded on the season. Eindhoven has considerable talent. Luuk de Jong is the captain and does a lot of the scoring. Bergwijn is a budding star on the wing. Most know about "Chucky" Lozano from the 2018 WC, at the very least, for Mexico. Gaston Pereiro is a good Uruguayan MF from Montevideo. Another MF, Pablo Rosario, spent time on the Ajax youth teams actually. Jorrit Hendrix often plays on the left side of a midfield three with Pereiro in the middle and Rosario on the right. He's more defensive-minded. Can also play LB and centre-half if van Bommel really needed. Dumfries is emerging as a stellar RB. Only 22, from Rotterdam. Angelino starts at LB. Armada Armada probably knows more about him, since he came from City. In the middle of defence is Viergever and Schwaab. Reliable vets. Schwaab bounced around Bundesliga before setting down in Eindhoven. The last match of PSV's Eredivisie campaign will probably determine who ends up champs. Tough match at AZ to end the season.

So I know Lozano, he’ll get poached. Who else will get poached by a big team on PSV?

So I know Lozano, he’ll get poached. Who else will get poached by a big team on PSV?
Definitely Steven Bergwijn. LW. He's only 21. Inter tracking him already. He's got 13 goals and 12 assists on the Eredivisie campaign. Plus he bagged one in CL qualifying too. I'd say PSV won't let him go for anything south of 35M-40M euros.

Super nervous. Kompany in a match like this gives me security, hes a leader. Glad Mendy is fit enough to do back to back 90s with little rest time. NO DELPH.
Our best front 3 starting this season in our biggest match of the season so far makes sense. Come on City

you got short memory
hes washed now but i still remember the casemiro tackling any and everything
does all the dirty work for madrid

i think you'll appreciate him more when he's gone
he definitely had a good 2-3 years, but the past 1.5 he is unreliable, and has become an liability rather than asset to winning, I expect him to be here next season so its moot.

Couple things i wanna chime in on

-No way Adidas would chip in on the pogba transfer. He's already on an Adidas team, would make little sense to them IMO
-Jose really started blaming the infrastructure at united when he stopped getting his way. Dude even had the nerve to mention the need for a DOF (after sacked), like he hasn't ALWAYS been against this set up
- This pogba thing is very similar to the Coutinho one imo, it's hard to say you are a top team and you sell your best players. But through the right reinvestment, a team can always move on. My issue is our board will not reinvest that money back in or if they do, it will be done poorly.
-Rumors poping up again (always after a loss), that the DOF will be Paul Mitchell, which wouldn't be a bad shout.

Super nervous. Kompany in a match like this gives me security, hes a leader. Glad Mendy is fit enough to do back to back 90s with little rest time. NO DELPH.
Our best front 3 starting this season in our biggest match of the season so far makes sense. Come on City

:pimp::pimp:

United fans racially abusing Ashley Young on Twitter :smh: Scumbag racist behavior aside, people who take sports so seriously, to the point that they feel the need to personally attack players, are absolutely pathetic

Criticize the performance, ask for a replacement, and move on with your life

Last edited:
Bring Ten Hag home

Wuerzburger-Kickers-v-FC-Bayern-Muenchen-II-Regionalliga-Bayern.jpg

This ******* guy Raiola

Last edited:
United fans racially abusing Ashley Young on Twitter :smh: Scumbag racist behavior aside, people who take sports so seriously, to the point that they feel the need to personally attack players, are absolutely pathetic

Criticize the performance, ask for a replacement, and move on with your life

Dude sucks but you always get people going way too far :smh:

Everyone spouting racial abuse needs to get banned by the club

P$G...

Tuchel really thought it was a good idea to punish Mbappe for speaking facts and keeping him out of the squad :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom