∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

Something I thought of with relation to the name of the show being "True Detective" is that Cohle has taken being a detective so far as to becoming one of them. He's not "the killer" but he is "a killer". His way of getting to the top dog, or who we think is the Yellow King, is to do his work to get there. I plan on rewatching so this might be nonsense but two characters have mentioned they know who he is. LeDoux said something along the lines of "I know who you are ive seen you in my dreams" and the guy who killed himself said something like "Ive heard about you" He could be taking going undercover to another level. He's actually one of them and has blood on his hands because thats the only way to get to the bottom of it. The guy who killed himself, that was Cohle who called him. The guy knew stuff that Cohle doesnt want the force to know or else all his work will be ruined. Obviously this is a very illegal way of being a detective so he would have alot to cover up. Hence "get a warrant to see my storage"

Im also thinking of a theory that Cohle isn't the Yellow King but he's in line to be his successor. Cause again, both guys have seen or heard about him, like there's some mystique to him. He got the guy to kill himself because he might know too much. Also, how do you just go from being in a psych ward to being a detective? Is something like this more common than I think? Or could he have been placed there on purpose by someone apart of all this who had the power to do so.

Both are probably very far off but they came from the idea of how or where did both guys hear or see something about Cohle. Its more than just ive seen you, youre a cop. Also mixed with him reading the diary of the first girl who died and sees the Yellow Crown drawn in it and casually tells Marty in the car "huh this looks like some sort of fantasy" but then when a guy on the inside mentions the Yellow King he throws him into a wall and what I believe, gets him to kill himself.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that thinks people are looking far too much into this?

It's the guy on the lawn mower. McConaghey got honked at by Woody when he was talking to the guy on the lawn mower, and then he went back by himself to that abandoned building that the guy said, "My crew just sent me out here, I mow a lot of plots" and saw all of those creepy images and drawings.

Looking too far into things is awesome. Its kept my mind off reality, I find comfort in having my mind going nuts over symbolisms in tv shows/movies. Sure it could end up being a dud but goddamn it feels awesome just reading about the possibilities of edtv or the dea cup on breaking bad theories.

I'm leaning towards the mirrors theories but im going to rewatch the series over this weekened. Just focus on characters mostly...watch them more than care about the dialog

The writers of this show have to love how much credit some of y'all are giving them with these theories, connecting **** that they probably didn't think about at all.

always thought of time as a circle and deja vu was you overlapping in another dimension. When Cohle said "Time is a flat circle" I went :wow:

Show is so :smokin :smokin :smokin haven't been on the site yet but I think I'm gonna check out some of the interviews on there with the producers

Dudes bout to start going to Lost/Breaking Bad levels theory wise :lol:

Got me looking like Marty first time he went to Rust's apartment.

Now I gotta watch EdTV. :smh: :lol:

I've watched EdTV last night and this afternoon, see if I can pick up on any clues. Maybe I missed something.

So far, none.

I'll keep y'all posted tho.
:rofl:

When I seen dudes talking about they gonna read some yellow king book that's when I knew too much was being done. **** don't add a damn thing to the story or experience. I hate when ppl do that. Started doing it to BB when it wasn't even that type of show. I swear LOST done messed things up for most ppl :smh:

Exactly... It's fun going down the rabbit hole...

But in most cases you get no more out of the show being more informed of all these so called Easter eggs, than if you had just binge watched the show in one swoop with zero research

I've learned my lesson from Lost

Remember, tv executives want people to watch. And not require a masters degree in literature to do so

Correct. 1 writer and 1 director for all 8 episodes. Thats what makes it amazing, same vision/direction for every episode.

I love this, reminds me of some of my favorite albums where it's usually just the artist and one producer.

That cohesiveness

Both of their profiles are blowing up right now

Last edited:
Correct. 1 writer and 1 director for all 8 episodes. Thats what makes it amazing, same vision/direction for every episode.

I know the series is being run as an anthology, but I selfishly want Pizzolatto and Fukunaga to direct the next season.

just caught up on all episodes last night. never knew too much about the show either than McConaughey & Harrelson being in it :lol:

show is a lil creepy for me (not into all the satanic ish)
but man is this well written. one of the most intense shows. i can agrue it is better than breaking bad. and i didnt think BB would ever be topped.

my only mistake, was watching it last night. i wish i knew there were only 3 more episode left, so i could binge watch it.
after the recent episode, i had to read up on all the theories on the interwebz :lol:

not a MM fan, but he does a great job. very convincing.

also, that 5-6 minutes at the end of the 2nd last episode WOW! :pimp:

cant wait to see how the season ends!!

It would be such a let down if Cohle turns out to be the killer, but the only other important characters that have been introduced have been the two preachers (Lester from the Wire and Sideburns Guy) and the lawn mower dude, so maybe it is Cohle.

Also WTF did they do with Ginger????

Do you guys really think this show is gonna end with the characters discovering that they are in a TV show?????!!?!?!?!!!!!!

If that happens, I'm gonna trash this show so badly. It'll feel my wrath like nothing else has since Lost

I read 'The Five Men and a Little Lady theory ' on reddit before the last episode and reread after the episode

View media item 811805

With what is going on with Harts daughter, I think its one of the best one's I've read so far.

Evidence that we have seen that could support the theory (screenshots posted before)

Can't wait to see how this plays out :smokin

He basically called it like 10 days ago!

Back
Top Bottom