∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think Errol the lawnmower mans means anything. It's who the "five men" are. I have a feeling we'll find out who those guys are but because they are men of "power", nothing will happen to them & either Cohle or Hart or Cohle & Hart will die.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think Errol the lawnmower mans means anything. It's who the "five men" are. I have a feeling we'll find out who those guys are but because they are men of "power", nothing will happen to them & either Cohle or Hart or Cohle & Hart will die.
Judging by the account of him chasing the girl through the woods, hes probably the one who acquires their targets and probably is the muscle for those dudes...

"The man... With the scars... He made me watch"

"chased through the woods by the spaghetti monster"

He definitely plays a big part in the operation but hes not leadership.

Good chance Rust dies in the finale.

I think it's a bit late for a reveal that Marty's daughter is involved unless she's gonna straight up be one of the evil bastards doing this sick **** now.

Didn't hear anything about any of Marty's daughters dying
did Maggie have a picture of her and rust on her mantle?
Looked like a pic of her and her new husband.

Last edited:
Good chance Rust dies in the finale.

I think it's a bit late for a reveal that Marty's daughter is involved unless she's gonna straight up be one of the evil bastards doing this sick **** now.

Didn't hear anything about any of Marty's daughters dying
did Maggie have a picture of her and rust on her mantle?
Looked like a pic of her and her new husband.

it looked like an old photo, but that probably makes more sense.

This. It's more about the group of twisted people as a whole. Lawnmower guy is just one of them, just like Leddoux.

The finale could very well be the good guys going in to fight the bad guys, someone might die, end. I hope it's more though. There's a lot there with the Yellow King, Carcosa, worshipers, etc. that could lead to less linear stuff.

For me, episode #7 shows Cohle & Hart as a shell of their former selves giving it one more go. They live solitary lives now that really don't amount to much.

Everything & everyone around them has moved on. Kinda sets up they'll both die because it seems neither of them will be missed especially going against "the man".

Shoot, "they" got rid of Billy Lee Tuttle & Austin Farrer (the guy that covered up the child abuse & was "accused" of embezzling money) no questions asked. They can surely get rid of these 2 unless Cohle & Hart kill each of the 5 off...

For me, episode #7 shows Cohle & Hart as a shell of their former selves giving it one more go. They live solitary lives now that really don't amount to much.

Everything & everyone around them has moved on. Kinda sets up they'll both die because it seems neither of them will be missed especially going against "the man".

Shoot, "they" got rid of Billy Lee Tuttle & Austin Farrer (the guy that covered up the child abuse & was "accused" of embezzling money) no questions asked. They can surely get rid of these 2 unless Cohle & Hart kill each of the 5 off...

I agree they just drew weapons on the Sheriff as well. What are they going to do with themselves when this is over?

For some reason I found the groundskeeper talking to himself in an ominous voice after the detectives drove off SUPER CAMPY & CHEESY.

That's some **** that would happen in an 80s horror movie.  Dude just chills and has creepy conversations with himself/no one in particular for the sake of the audience?  

That whole reveal was kinda lazy.  And in a show that's rarely done stuff like that it stuck out hard.
You seem to be hating on this show
Criticizing any part of something equals hate?

I did say it's probably the best show on TV right now while also criticizing NT's "all or nothing" view on everything.

It was a crappy reveal.  It's fine because the episode was full of cheesy 80s cop/horror/action movie tropes -- cat burglars, spooked old women rambling nonsense filled with revealing truth, etc. -- and I get that's what they wee going for with this episode, same way the next one is probably gonna be an old school action movie shoot out.

But it doesn't make it any less campy and cheesy.

I agree they just drew weapons on the Sheriff as well. What are they going to do with themselves when this is over?
Ehhh... Tuttle got taken out to cover up a conspiracy he was part of. If Marty and Rust expose everything then everyone involved will go to jail (or die in a presumed shoot out if we're to believe the episode preview.)

There's no one to "get rid" of them or cover anything up if they cast a light on it all.  They didn't say they can't arrest the sheriff because he's somehow immune, they said it because they're implying they don't know how high up the thing goes so it may be futile to go through the chain of command in the hopes of the governor ordering his arrest, because they don't know who in that chain is involved.

I feel last episode basically showed how that case in 95 consumed their life. Marty is broke, divorced, doesnt see his daughters and rust is broke, consumed by solving this seemingly never ending case.

I just want to know what really happened to his daughter and what Carcosa is.

Last edited:

If Nic Pizz wanted to they (Marty & Rust) could kill all of them and get away with this. Look at LA, swamps everywhere to ditch their guns.

Blaze of glory is possible.

Even though I don't believe Marty's daughter will be involved with the Tuttle wrap up....

Maybe the ending is Marty buys one of her paintings and there's yellow crowns and spirals and wooden triangle things on it

and the cycle continues...

Even though I don't believe Marty's daughter will be involved with the Tuttle wrap up....

Maybe the ending is Marty buys one of her paintings and there's yellow crowns and spirals and wooden triangle things on it

:lol: :smh: :x Now that would be ****** up. That's some Twilight Zone ****.

Last edited:

A+ idea.

I'm gonna be mad if the daughter thread is just a red herring. **** like the drawings and the dolls is too big to just put in there as a red herring.

I'm not sure if there's enough time to work it into the last episode. But something like your idea would be crazy.

Just checked my guide and the finale is indeed only 1 hour

Last edited:
Basically Carcosa is just a bunch of hillbilly inbreds who follow there own religious rules and temptations, Rook.

I think the surprises are over, there is only one left to unsolve as the audience. That's the daughter.

I love how this show makes a mockery of religion :smokin

Last edited:
Sometimes I have a tough time following this show...I love it but when they are interviewing people I sometimes loose focus on how it correlates with the rest of the story. :lol:

I think I need to re watch the series before the finale.

Last edited:
HBO is killing it with their shows. True Detectives episode pacing is great. Can't wait until next season.

Maybe I just hyped myself up for the Rust & Marty reunion being on a 'Pacino & De Niro at the diner in Heat' level, but that just...was just...anticlimactic. I mean, they got along with no fuss, no tension and no urgency. Rust explained his last 10 years like he was doing his taxes. Iono. Those short little montages, when they showed their lonely day to day lives was great, but the rest kinda felt like lazy, convenient checklist writing.

Maggie & Marty, though...and then Maggie & Rust... :nerd: Michelle Monaghan better be leaving with something Emmy night.

And that videotape. :smh:

After the 5th ep (the best imo), I was ready for the next 2 to just be a little predictable step down while they moving the chess pieces for the finale. I just can't help but feel like they lingered on some stuff that was obvious and ordinary procedural ****. And they brushed past other stuff that could've really been worth seeing, just for the good drama and creating more moments. Felt like missed opportunities.

It's almost like they don't really know how to structure the show without the flashback/interrogation setup, but it's straight.

I'm ready for that finale.

She said, "Rejoice, Carcosa!" :smh: :lol:

For some reason I found the groundskeeper talking to himself in an ominous voice after the detectives drove off SUPER CAMPY & CHEESY.

That's some **** that would happen in an 80s horror movie. Dude just chills and has creepy conversations with himself/no one in particular for the sake of the audience?

That whole reveal was kinda lazy. And in a show that's rarely done stuff like that it stuck out hard.

I agree, but since the end's right around the corner and they been so good with everything this far....Iono...it's just a thing. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom