∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

For some reason I found the groundskeeper talking to himself in an ominous voice after the detectives drove off SUPER CAMPY & CHEESY.

That's some **** that would happen in an 80s horror movie.  Dude just chills and has creepy conversations with himself/no one in particular for the sake of the audience?  

That whole reveal was kinda lazy.  And in a show that's rarely done stuff like that it stuck out hard.

To be fair, it looks like he has a few screws loose / is a bit slow. Plus the guy is from a family that rapes and kills kids and his job is to ride a lawn mower around dilapidated properties. Talking to himself is probably the least of his quirks

I think something will come to light about Marty's daughters being abused as well...Remember, in one of the earlier episodes when he was being interrogated, he made mention of the truth (not verbatim) being right under his nose. I really think there is some sort of cult involvement with his father-in-law, Tuttle, etc.

If you want a complete and logical breakdown of the show and where it's headed in the last episode here's the article you should read:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...e-know-up-to-episode-7-after-you-ve-gone.html

I don't suggest reading it if you want to enjoy theorizing about the "big twist" people seem to be expecting.

It was nice to have the supernatural theories and twist speculation but all that is over with Pizzolatto shutting that down in the article. Even before reading that, I came to terms with (after episode 7) that's not what this show is about. I still think the Hart Grandfather is involved though.

It's also really disturbing to read that **** like this actually happened.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/25/national/25church.html?pagewanted=all&_r=2&

Props to MM for Oscars.

Definitely directed towards Leo. :lol: :rolleyes
taBMJf6.jpg

gYOuDom.jpg

Last edited:
For some reason I found the groundskeeper talking to himself in an ominous voice after the detectives drove off SUPER CAMPY & CHEESY.

That's some **** that would happen in an 80s horror movie.  Dude just chills and has creepy conversations with himself/no one in particular for the sake of the audience?  

That whole reveal was kinda lazy.  And in a show that's rarely done stuff like that it stuck out hard.

You seem to be hating on this show

From Hybrid's article link:

Audrey Hart, Marty’s elder daughter, may be involved as well.

We know that Audrey arranged her dolls in a manner that mirrored the picture on Dora Lange’s mother’s wall—five men surrounding a seemingly vulnerable woman (in Audrey’s case, a naked Barbie). We know she drew sexually suggestive pictures at school. We know she’s become a bit of a delinquent as a teenager, having sex with two boys at once.

We don’t know that she was sexually abused as a child, but Pizzolatto seems to be suggesting as much.

As a child, Audrey stole her younger sister’s crown and threw it into a tree. Could she have been symbolically protecting Maisie from the “crowns” that the Tuttles placed on their victims?

This is exactly what I'm thinking....

Some foul **** is going to come to surface regarding Marty's kids.

I do agree with this. Last line was unnecessary.. just him staring at the car and a pan up close up of him to black would of been enough.

From Hybrid's article link:

Audrey Hart, Marty’s elder daughter, may be involved as well.

We know that Audrey arranged her dolls in a manner that mirrored the picture on Dora Lange’s mother’s wall—five men surrounding a seemingly vulnerable woman (in Audrey’s case, a naked Barbie). We know she drew sexually suggestive pictures at school. We know she’s become a bit of a delinquent as a teenager, having sex with two boys at once.

We don’t know that she was sexually abused as a child, but Pizzolatto seems to be suggesting as much.

As a child, Audrey stole her younger sister’s crown and threw it into a tree. Could she have been symbolically protecting Maisie from the “crowns” that the Tuttles placed on their victims?

This is exactly what I'm thinking....

Some foul **** is going to come to surface regarding Marty's kids.

**** is about to get real, I've been waiting on them to close that loop. It would suck if they planted that seed for nothing.

Marty's always been protective of "innoncent" girls... Even if they weren't his own... He loathes child abusers.

I gotta believe that Audrey was exposed but damn its getting late in the game for that reveal... 1 ep left doesn't seem like they can fit everything in if thats the case.

But the drawings she made that the director clearly shows you - the drawings on the wall that aren't focused on during the scene but are clearly there (drawings of the spirals... Tree with the circle... Same flower's as the mural at the psych hospital.)

When they panned over the pictures at Maggie's house... This was Audrey's drawing/painting in the frame:

J6KnMQL.jpg

Again, black stars and symbolism all over the place with this girl... Stuff that is directly parallel to goings on with the cult.

Basically it looks like it's gonna be 5 on 5 next week

The 5 men in the video (or their replacements upon death; etc) vs Cohle, Hart, the two detectives who interviewed them and the bar owner whose child went missing and was never solved.
Was that the same guy who Rust visited at his home and he told rust to **** in ep 5 or 6?

Just something to think about...but Marty has held up the case on two occasions.

1. Pulling Cohle away from interviewing Errol when he first met him outside of the abandoned school.

2. Shooting Ledoux.

Not sure if that has any bearing on the outcome of the show in the finale, but I do think that it's interesting.

I also think there's not enough time to involve harts daughter into the thick of it. I think she's served her purpose and that was to show how hart reacts when a women he cares about "betrays" him, she instantly becomes a discarded hoar. The same reason why his wife chose to **** rust to get that outcome.

I can't believe I'm about to do this, but I predict the whole circular actions talk from rust & others will ultimately lead to hart killing everybody involved instead of actually bringing them to justice via the legal system. Just like he did to ledoux

Sorry if that may have been in the articles, I'm trying to stay away from them and just read a small number of posts in here

Last edited:
Based on the interviews I've read with Pizzolatto, I don't think there is going to be a twisted ending. I think it's going to be very straight forward & clean. He's said as much.

Just something to think about...but Marty has held up the case on two occasions.

1. Pulling Cohle away from interviewing Errol when he first met him outside of the abandoned school.

2. Shooting Ledoux.

Not sure if that has any bearing on the outcome of the show in the finale, but I do think that it's interesting.

I think that's more just a reason for Marty to pay his debt

I think something will come to light about Marty's daughters being abused as well...Remember, in one of the earlier episodes when he was being interrogated, he made mention of the truth (not verbatim) being right under his nose. I really think there is some sort of cult involvement with his father-in-law, Tuttle, etc.

Definitely was what I was thinking. When I saw the preview for ep. 7 and they showed Marty getting disgusted by the video tape, I assumed it was gonna' be a tape of his daughter being molested or murdered or something.

Also, didn't think anything of the guy on the lawn mower because I expected his scars to be a lot more gruesome and obvious. It just looked like he had bad skin and some stubble.

Yeah that victim and others made it seem lik his scars were all over his lower face.

Back
Top Bottom