☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

laugh.gif
this whole CP3 situation couldn't of happened to a better fanbase

Wow. What are we doing? Even if we're trading for Howard, I hope we keep Pau and just trade Bynum. If we trade both then we're in trouble. Then again, we hired Mike Brown. 

Will someone explain it to me that how trading LO improves their chances at Dwight? I honestly do not get it.

CP3 will end up a Clipper throwing alley oops to Blake for the next decade, the new 'Showtime' in LA. Dwight will be the King of New York as he amasses titles for the Brooklyn Nets. In the mean time, Dallas just adds to their trophy collection with the dazzling play of Dirk and Lamar Odom. We will all be mesmerized by the finesse them two play the game with such handles and passing from Odom, and Dirk Diggler draining beautiful unguardable fadeaways. Both so tall, so skilled, so talented. We even all grow to like Khloe Kardashian, as well. Dallas, where Amazing Happens. Instead, New Orleans will be amnesty'd and the Rockets forever a fringe playoff team, with the Odom to Dallas for nothing, a curse hexed on the Lake Show. We will all look back in amazement on what could have been. CP3 who should have been a Laker and extending Kobe's career. Dwight playing the role of Shaq, three peats being the feature presentation. We've seen this movie before. Yet another Hollywood remake. Houston giving themselves a shot to do something with a Gasol/Nene front court. New Orleans actually being able to put a full team on the court when the season starts as opposed to barely having a starting five, with less than two weeks to go until the season starts December 8-9-10, 2011. #NeverForget

Starting to make more sense, still don't know why Lakers just didn't wait to trade LO as a person

NBA Refused To Sign Off On Paul Trade Again On Saturday
Dec 11, 2011 12:23 AM EST

With Chris Paul three-team trade talks between the Hornets, Lakers and Rockets falling apart, Dell Demps will need to return to the negotiating table with other teams.

But the way the NBA killed Thursday's agreed upon trade will make it difficult for teams to trust the process.

"My initial reaction is, 'Who wants to go through that headache with the NBA playing God?'" said a front office executive of the situation.

The front office and coaching staff of the Hornets is understandably devastated over what has transpired since Thursday, culminating in their deal with the Lakers falling apart.

The Hornets delivered a reconstructed deal on Saturday, but the NBA still refused to approve it.

Los Angeles was going to receive Paul, along with Jason Smith and Marcus Banks, who would arrive via sign-and-trade.

Houston agreed to send Kevin Martin, Luis Scola and a 2012 first round pick to the Hornets.

The Lakers would send Lamar Odom to the Hornets, Pau Gasol to the Rockets, and the Lakers were pursuing a first round pick to include for the Hornets.

The NBA was clearly dictating terms of the possible trade of Paul to the Lakers.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

laugh.gif
this whole CP3 situation couldn't of happened to a better fanbase

if im not mistaken, arent you a Warriors fan??

nuff said......

Stern has single handedly doomed the New Orleans franchise with his dictatorship. No deal they get from here on out would have been as good as the 3 team trade proposal. Good luck trying to sell that team now.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

The LO trade is a loss looking at just the surface, but it improves their shot at Dwight if the only offer on the table is Lopez, and 2 first rounders.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by ill steelo

They could've just thrown Odom into the deal though.
Don't you think the Lakers keep him if it means improving their chances of getting Dwight? If they traded him now for cap space then Magic must have been cold on LO...

Orlando is cold on staying in Lux tax without Howard.
Lamar put them closer to that.
Without Big Baby, and Richardson's new contract they are at 49 million.
Subtract Hedu's 11 off the cap and the difference in Howard and Bynum's salaries 3 million or so and they are at 35.
So Orlando 35- Bass + Big Baby and Richardson I would figure no more than 12 total with Richardson at 6.25 and they still would need to spend money to get to minimium. But then I would presume they would fill out roster.

I'm over it already... I don't see CP3 gets dealt within the next 2 months.. The end of it means the Hornets will then have to panic, and NBA takes the best deal no matter what it is

I can't keep track of this for this long. Imma wake up to DWill to LAL rumors tomorrow or something just as unexpected. I just know it.

Too wild.

[h1]Pacers ready to swoop in if Celtics can’t land West[/h1]
wojnarowski.png

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 5 minutes ago

As free-agent forward David West and the Boston Celtics work to complete a difficult sign-and-trade deal, the Indiana Pacers have positioned themselves to sign the power forward should talks with the Celtics flatline on Sunday, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

More From Adrian Wojnarowski

The Celtics have been discussing a four-year deal with West, sources said. Still, Boston is limited under sign-and-trade rules with how high it can go with an offer. The Celtics can offer the first three years in the $24 million to $25 million range, but the fourth year would likely not be fully guaranteed.

Several sources believed there would be a resolution Sunday.

Indiana has been discussing a two-year deal with West but with a higher annual salary, sources said. The Pacers have cap space to sign West outright, while Boston, which is over the salary cap, needs the sign-and-trade scenario to acquire him. With the Chris Paul to the Lakers deal falling apart again late Saturday night, the Hornets still hadn’t made any calls to pursue re-signing West, sources said.

Indiana is also negotiating with free-agent forward Carl Landry, sources said.

The Celtics have discussed sending center Jermaine O’Neal, and possibly rookies E’Twaun Moore and JaJuan Johnson, to the Hornets, sources said. For the deal to work, the Hornets need to find a landing spot for Jermaine O’Neal’s $6.2 million contract. That’s a difficult proposition for a 16-year veteran with a history of injuries, but New Orleans has seemed confident it can do so.

West has been motivated to sign with the Celtics, where he can start on the frontline alongside Kevin Garnett. West, 31, opted out of the final year of his contract with New Orleans. He is recovering from knee surgery after an ACL tear ended his 2010-11 season after 70 games. West has been one of the NBA’s most reliable low-post scorers across his eight seasons in the NBA, averaging 18.9 points and 7.6 rebounds a season ago.

Collison, Hill, Granger, West, and Hibbert. I really like it.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

30t6p3b.gif
, David Stern has ruined the Lakers!  He needs to be fired on Monday!

or the Hornets.... but ok
laugh.gif

Stern already ruined NO, that is a given.  But LA went on a limb here on this deal and the team damage it caused can't be fixed (as seen by LO given away for peanuts).  But I wouldn't expect a fan of a lame franchise like Sacramento to understand what a real winning franchise is about.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by ill steelo

They could've just thrown Odom into the deal though.
Don't you think the Lakers keep him if it means improving their chances of getting Dwight? If they traded him now for cap space then Magic must have been cold on LO...
I didn't mean as an asset. The trade exception created by moving him to DAL isn't big enough to take back Hedo anyway. So in a deal they would still have to throw in Lamar's salary (the exception) and another filler.

So I don't know why they salary dumped him.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Will someone explain it to me that how trading LO improves their chances at Dwight? I honestly do not get it.

Dallas's first rounder is more valuable than a Nets pick with Dwight and Williams on the team would be....... At least now.
NJ> Dallas without Barea, Butler, and Chandler esp in regular season.
At worse you would have to say those picks are equal if its one of the Nets picks which I would assume.
Ok the Nets with the Deron Williams trade all but assured that they would be trading the Warriors pick they acquired . Its top 7 protected that the Nets get it, and its top 7 protected if the Warriors meet the obligation. Here is where it gets complicated. They essentially owe Utah that pick. Its top 7 protected that they would owe it to Utah.
Houston for the next 2 years owe's them a top 14 protected pick after which it turns to a 2nd rounder. So if the Rockets had got Gasol and Nene without giving up Lowry, the pick would not have been a first rounder imo.
Being that you cant trade your first round pick in 2 straight years if I'm correct I think Utah would have to chose between Houston's top 14 protected pick or the Warriors top 7 protected pick. Its obvious if the Warriors didnt make the playoffs, but didnt get a top 7 pick which pick they would chose.

So any Howard trade would include either the Houston pick ( not as attractive) Or their pick (not attractive at all with Howard)
That's why it would even come down to a Dallas vs Nets with D Will, and Dwight.
Ok LA can offer their pick with Howard ( ugh) Dallas pick without Butler, Chandler, and Barea ( prob a little worse than the Houston pick)
and one of their picks with Howard.
I was just assuming that Dallas would come out worse than either the Nets, or the Lakers with Howard, and the lack of signings.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

30t6p3b.gif
, David Stern has ruined the Lakers!  He needs to be fired on Monday!

or the Hornets.... but ok
laugh.gif
Stern already ruined NO, that is a given.  But LA went on a limb here on this deal and the team damage it caused can't be fixed (as seen by LO given away for peanuts).  
I feel ya, not just Odom but all the other players involved in this trade has to have an affect on their psyche. Bummer that Odom took it a little harder than the other.
I forgive you btw. Just baffles me why 9 outta 10 Lakers fan feel the need to bring up the point of Lakers>*
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

This. Thats most likely a top 5 pick.
clippers aint giving up that pick
so hornets are gonna have to take kaman amino and bledsoe for paul or rondo and trash for paul.

either way the hornets are !%*$%@ and its because of david stern getting punked by the owners.

so by protecting the small market team he screwed the small market team. brilliant
Not true at all. Clippers have said numerous times that they want to use the Minny pick if it means they can acquire a superstar, and that they would not trade it for someone who isn't (like, say, Iggy).

Clippers would much rather give up the pick than Gordon. Hornets would much rather have the pick than a guy who they'd be paying close to max dollars starting next season. Perfect match.

then why wasnt the deal done before? its always been about eric gordon. they want someone who the fans can semi cheer for like kevin martin and eric gordon in the meantime. them fans gonna suffer bad enough this year

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Dallas's first rounder is more valuable than a Nets pick with Dwight and Williams on the team would be....... At least now.
NJ> Dallas without Barea, Butler, and Chandler esp in regular season.
At worse you would have to say those picks are equal if its one of the Nets picks which I would assume.
Ok the Nets with the Deron Williams trade all but assured that they would be trading the Warriors pick they acquired . Its top 7 protected that the Nets get it, and its top 7 protected if the Warriors meet the obligation. Here is where it gets complicated.
Being that you cant trade your first round pick in 2 straight years if I'm correct I think Utah would have to chose between Houston's top 14 protected pick or the Warriors top 7 protected pick.
So Any Howard trade would include either the Houston pick ( not as attractive) Or their pick (not attractive at all with Howard)
That's why it would even come down to a Dallas vs Nets with D Will, and Dwight.
That Dallas pick is high 20s, what the hell does that pick do for the Lakers? Nothing.

And I think you're misunderstanding things a bit. NJ owns MINNESOTA'S first round pick this year. Unprotected. That's what they'd be offering for Dwight.

You're all over the place and have no idea what you're talking about. Where does Houston, the Warriors, Dallas and Dwight have to do with any of what I asked?

So can someone please explain to me again how trading for a TPE puts them in a better situation? That Dallas pick is worthless.

[h1]Pacers ready to swoop in if Celtics can’t land West[/h1]
wojnarowski.png

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 5 minutes ago

As free-agent forward David West and the Boston Celtics work to complete a difficult sign-and-trade deal, the Indiana Pacers have positioned themselves to sign the power forward should talks with the Celtics flatline on Sunday, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

More From Adrian Wojnarowski

The Celtics have been discussing a four-year deal with West, sources said. Still, Boston is limited under sign-and-trade rules with how high it can go with an offer. The Celtics can offer the first three years in the $24 million to $25 million range, but the fourth year would likely not be fully guaranteed.

Several sources believed there would be a resolution Sunday.

Indiana has been discussing a two-year deal with West but with a higher annual salary, sources said. The Pacers have cap space to sign West outright, while Boston, which is over the salary cap, needs the sign-and-trade scenario to acquire him. With the Chris Paul to the Lakers deal falling apart again late Saturday night, the Hornets still hadn’t made any calls to pursue re-signing West, sources said.

Indiana is also negotiating with free-agent forward Carl Landry, sources said.

The Celtics have discussed sending center Jermaine O’Neal, and possibly rookies E’Twaun Moore and JaJuan Johnson, to the Hornets, sources said. For the deal to work, the Hornets need to find a landing spot for Jermaine O’Neal’s $6.2 million contract. That’s a difficult proposition for a 16-year veteran with a history of injuries, but New Orleans has seemed confident it can do so.

West has been motivated to sign with the Celtics, where he can start on the frontline alongside Kevin Garnett. West, 31, opted out of the final year of his contract with New Orleans. He is recovering from knee surgery after an ACL tear ended his 2010-11 season after 70 games. West has been one of the NBA’s most reliable low-post scorers across his eight seasons in the NBA, averaging 18.9 points and 7.6 rebounds a season ago.

Collison, Hill, Granger, West, and Hibbert. I really like it.

That's a great starting 5, I agree I like it a lot too

Back
Top Bottom