☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by PMatic

That lineup has all the makings of a perennial 6 seed in the East.
laugh.gif
, but if Collison and Hibbert can develop into legitimate players for their position, I'd say they have a fair shot at being a fringe-contender as long as they keep making good moves, which I can't say they haven't been doing.

Not to mention they have George Hill and Psycho T. I think there isn't a single dude on that roster I don't like. Plus I love their coach.

^ You forgot to mention my dudes Paul George, Brandon Rush and Jeff Foster. That team is loaded with talent. If they can get David West they can be a very good team. Collison and West played good together when they were on the Hornets too.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Will someone explain it to me that how trading LO improves their chances at Dwight? I honestly do not get it.

Dallas's first rounder is more valuable than a Nets pick with Dwight and Williams on the team would be....... At least now.
NJ> Dallas without Barea, Butler, and Chandler esp in regular season.
At worse you would have to say those picks are equal if its one of the Nets picks which I would assume.
Ok the Nets with the Deron Williams trade all but assured that they would be trading the Warriors pick they acquired . Its top 7 protected that the Nets get it, and its top 7 protected if the Warriors meet the obligation. Here is where it gets complicated.
Being that you cant trade your first round pick in 2 straight years if I'm correct I think Utah would have to chose between Houston's top 14 protected pick or the Warriors top 7 protected pick.
So Any Howard trade would include either the Houston pick ( not as attractive) Or their pick (not attractive at all with Howard)
That's why it would even come down to a Dallas vs Nets with D Will, and Dwight.
That Dallas pick is high 20s, what the hell does that pick do for the Lakers? Nothing.

And I think you're misunderstanding things a bit. NJ owns MINNESOTA'S first round pick this year. Unprotected. That's what they'd be offering for Dwight.

You're all over the place and have no idea what you're talking about. Where does Houston, the Warriors, Dallas and Dwight have to do with any of what I asked?

So can someone please explain to me again how trading for a TPE puts them in a better situation? That Dallas pick is worthless.
That Dallas pick is top 20 protected anyway. So they created an insufficient trade exception for Hedo's contract in exchange for a pick that they won't get if it's anywhere near the lottery.

Indiana is my 2nd favorite team this season. They remind me of a mini Grizz team from 2-3 years ago.

Adding West and Hill will definitely help them compete against some of the tougher teams in the East. Depending on the matchup, they could possibly upset someone. Probably not the Heat or Bulls though.

They have everything you want in a good team. If they can be a good defensive team this year, rebound the ball well, utilize West/Hibbert in the right way, they can be scary. Better than the Hawks at least.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

^ You forgot to mention my dudes Paul George, Brandon Rush and Jeff Foster. That team is loaded with talent. If they can get David West they can be a very good team. Collison and West played good together when they were on the Hornets too.
Paul George too, damn.
eek.gif
Forgot all about him. I'm not as high on Rush, though he's still a decent player.

That Dallas pick is top 20 protected anyway. So they created an insufficient trade exception for Hedo's contract in exchange for a pick that they won't get if it's anywhere near the lottery.

eek.gif
, I've never heard of a top-TWENTY protected pick.
roll.gif

@sam_amick On possibility of Clippers being back in Chris Paul race, remember their 2012 1st rd, unprotected pick from Minny has been atop NO wish list

Will someone explain it to me that how trading LO improves their chances at Dwight? I honestly do not get it.

Dallas's first rounder is more valuable than a Nets pick with Dwight and Williams on the team would be....... At least now.
At worse you would have to say those picks are equal if its one of the Nets picks which I would assume.
Ok the Nets with the Deron Williams trade all but assured that they would be trading the Warriors pick they acquired . Its top 7 protected that the Nets get it, and its top 7 protected if the Warriors meet the obligation. Here is where it gets complicated.
Being that you cant trade your first round pick in 2 straight years if I'm correct I think Utah would have to chose between Houston's top 14 protected pick or the Warriors top 7 protected pick.
So Any Howard trade would include either the Houston pick ( not as attractive) Or their pick (not attractive at all with Howard)
That Dallas pick is high 20s, what the hell does that pick do for the Lakers? Nothing.

And I think you're misunderstanding things a bit. NJ owns MINNESOTA'S first round pick this year. Unprotected. That's what they'd be offering for Dwight.

You're all over the place and have no idea what you're talking about. Where does Houston, the Warriors, Dallas and Dwight have to do with any of what I asked?

So can someone please explain to me again how trading for a TPE puts them in a better situation? That Dallas pick is worthless.
I said that the Lakers or the Nets would be putting the Howard deal together.
The Lakers would include the Mavs pick in the deal.
The Dallas pick will be in the late teens. Low 20's at best. LA, OKC, Spurs, Houston with NENE are all better than Dallas out west. Bulls, Heat, Celtics, Knicks are better than Dallas right now.

Where the Nets picks are allotted are important. Its going to determine what they can actually send out.
They cant send out the Warriors pick they potientally have, to Orlando cause its earmarked for Utah. That Warriors pick is protected top7. And if the Nets got Dwight it would be the pick Utah got no matter what.
The Clippers own the Minnesota pick. And its unprotected for this year.
The Houston pick they sent for Terrance Williams is top 14 protected. Seeing as Houston, with the downfall of Denver, and Portland looks like a playoff team the Nets should receive that pick. But its still a mid to late teens pick. If Houston were bad this season, and next then that pick would revert to a second rounder. 

Houston with Nene is a top 4 seed in the West, and that pick is prob in the same range as the Dallas pick would be.

Simplified?
NJ is owed a pick by Houston. Its likely to be similar in range to the Dallas pick if the Nets got Dwight, and the Rockets got Nene.

As far as a Bynum for Howard trade. If the Offers are Bynum, Dallas pick and future Lakers pick vs Lopez and Houston's pick with Nene, and a future Nets first rounder the picks are closer to even. If you think Bynum is worth the risk, the picks are even, and Lopez needs an extension beyond the next 2 years. You take Bynum every time.

As far as the Dallas pick being top 20 protected. Houston's pick is top 14 protected. So its not a lotto pick at all. If Houston gets any good then its prob outside the top 20.
Like I said before the Houston pick being offered is better more than likely, but Bynum is the best talent and at most aren't worth passing on the best talent.

For more on the picks visit: http://basketball.realgm....t/future_drafts/detailed

You mean the Clippers own it.

And for damn sure that's an important pick.
This year's draft Minnesota picked 2nd overall ...
Chris Paul was the 4th pick overall in his draft and this year's is supposed to be stacked.

And I hated Psycho T in college. Son had Phillip Rivers face.
.....but the pros...that's my dude.
smokin.gif

I said that the Lakers or the Nets would be putting the Howard deal together.
The Lakers would include the Mavs pick in the deal.
The Dallas pick will be in the late teens. Low 20's at best. LA, OKC, Spurs, Houston with NENE are all better than Dallas out west. Bulls, Heat, Celtics, Knicks are better than Dallas right now.

Where the Nets picks are allotted are important. Its going to determine what they can actually send out.
They cant send out the Warriors pick they potientally have, to Orlando cause its earmarked for Utah. That Warriors pick is protected top7. And if the Nets got Dwight it would be the pick Utah got no matter what.
The Clippers own the Minnesota pick. And its unprotected for this year.
The Houston pick they sent for Terrance Williams is top 14 protected. Seeing as Houston, with the downfall of Denver, and Portland looks like a playoff team the Nets should receive that pick. But its still a mid to late teens pick. If Houston were bad this season, and next then that pick would revert to a second rounder. 

Houston with Nene is a top 4 seed in the West, and that pick is prob in the same range as the Dallas pick would be.

Simplified?
NJ is owed a pick by Houston. Its likely to be similar in range to the Dallas pick if the Nets got Dwight, and the Rockets got Nene.

As far as a Bynum for Howard trade. If the Offers are Bynum, Dallas pick and future Lakers pick vs Lopez and Houston's pick with Nene, and a future Nets first rounder the picks are closer to even. If you think Bynum is worth the risk, the picks are even, and Lopez needs an extension beyond the next 2 years. You take Bynum every time.

laugh.gif

I'm sorry, but how is Houston a top 4 team out West with Nene/Pau? Lol

And how the @$%* Memphis keeps getting left out of these top teams in the conference discussions? The Spurs? They on life support.Edit...wait u meant Nene ALONE is a top 4 team out West? Lol

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I'm sorry, but how is Houston a top 4 team out West with Nene/Pau? Lol

And how the @$%* Memphis keeps getting left out of these top teams in the conference discussions? The Spurs? They on life support.Edit...wait u meant Nene ALONE is a top 4 team out West? Lol

all of this.

Memphis was 1 game outta the conf. finals against a team that wanted to play the other guys ... without Rudy Gay.

Dirk himself gets the Mavs to the 4th seed at the worst. Let's be real about the value of butler, barea, and chandler.

Lulz at the mavs missing JJ and Caron though. roddy buckets >> JJ and ball movement >>> ball stopping butler.

Its still 10 spots you would be passing on. You all are acting like morons.
The 2 picks will be within 10 spots of each other if Houston has Nene. Is that a given?
But the pick puts them in better position because Bynum is a better talent than Lopez.
Memphis is another team better than Dallas this year.

Real talk as of right now, Memphis is my pick to get out the West.

Memphis was the only in team in the NBA I thought would give the Mavs problems in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

You mean the Clippers own it.

And for damn sure that's an important pick.
This year's draft Minnesota picked 2nd overall ...
Chris Paul was the 4th pick overall in his draft and this year's is supposed to be stacked.

And I hated Psycho T in college. Son had Phillip Rivers face.
.....but the pros...that's my dude.
smokin.gif

God dangit, yeah.
laugh.gif

No. Fricking. Way.

1) Not many teams have been better than the Mavericks in the regular season. I'm not saying it matters for much, but as far as draft picks go, yes it does. LA Lakers need to make a trade before they are better than us in the West. OKC, maybe. Spurs and Houston? Get out of here man.
laugh.gif
. Bulls, Heat, sure, maybe. Celtics, Knicks? I'm not so sure.
2. Even if they were, that's a #25 pick. Any pick not in the top-10 is normally garbage unless you draft well.

They cant send out the Warriors pick they potientally have, to Orlando cause its earmarked for Utah. That Warriors pick is protected top7. And if the Nets got Dwight it would be the pick Utah got no matter what.[/quiote]

What the hell Warriors pick are you talking about?
nerd.gif
. The Nets have the Rockets first round pick, heavily protected, that's it.

You're high off your *++ if you think Nene/Kevin Martin/Scola are enough to get you the #4 seed.
laugh.gif

Okay, cool, but what does Nene have to do with any of this. What does this have to do with the Lakers trying to get Dwight more importantly, because that's what I'm asking here. You're trying to argue with me about the Nets and Dwight and the Warriors and I'm asking about the Lakers man.
laugh.gif

So the Dallas pick puts the Lakers over the edge?

I'm sorry, but that Dallas pick is worthless unless everyone on the Dallas roster has a career-ending injury,
laugh.gif

Its still 10 f u c k i n g spots you would be passing on. You all are acting like morons.

The 2 picks will be within 10 spots of each other if Houston has Nene. Is that a given?

But the pick puts them in better position because Bynum is a better talent than Lopez.

Memphis is another team better than Dallas this year.

Let's not get carried away...

How is a top-20 protected pick better than a Houston Rockets top-14 protecting pick?

I'm literally scratching my head trying to wrap my head around what kind of argument you're trying to make man.
laugh.gif

It comes down to how valuable you think that Dallas pick is.

You think the Mavericks will be worse than 10 teams this year? All homerism aside, hell no.

Out of the West, teams that will be high-seeds are Dallas, LAL, OKC, MEM. SAS and LAC (if they get Paul) will be up there too, but better than any of those four? Doubtful.

In the East, if the Nets get Dwight, sure, we can throw them into the question, but still, Chicago, Miami, Boston, New Jersey, and New York.

Chicago, Miami, Boston are all very good teams that are very likely to be up where the Mavericks are in terms of standings. New Jersey and New York are both two/three-trick ponies with very little depth at this point.

So, I still don't get what's so special about this pick that you're raving about.
laugh.gif

So in other words, can someone please try and answer my question about how this TPE is better than trading Lamar Odom?
nerd.gif

yea thats dumb orlando is on crack.

but the more i hear people say bynum is worth the risk the more i have to laugh. i mean if he was worth the risk we wouldnt be trying to trade him
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom