☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

@LakerNation Laker Nation

Update: Sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that the Magic will ask for both Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol for Howard.

2 minutes ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

don't do it mitch.
bynum + gasol > dwight easily

go ahead and trade him for brook lopez, otis
laugh.gif
See this is exactly what I was thinking.

Why trade Odom when you probably could've pulled off Odom+one of those two for Dwight, but now you gave away Odom for a bag of chips and if you want to get Dwight, it might cost you both your bigs, and your team would still be borderline better.

Man, this whole blocked CP3 deal really effed things up for the Lakers.
nerd.gif

I never really liked it to begin with. It was only ever going to be a good deal IMO if the Lakers ended up getting Emeka, in which case I'd think they'd be in great shape. But now? I don't even know man.

One thing I'm scared about too, is that Deron, CP3, and Dwight will probably play out this year wherever they are, and we'll still have to deal with the fiasco of them signing extensions in 2012 summer...
nerd.gif

So this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by MrONegative

And I think you're misunderstanding things a bit. NJ owns MINNESOTA'S first round pick this year. Unprotected. That's what they'd be offering for Dwight.

You mean the Clippers own it.

And for damn sure that's an important pick.
This year's draft Minnesota picked 2nd overall ...
Chris Paul was the 4th pick overall in his draft and this year's is supposed to be stacked.

And I hated Psycho T in college. Son had Phillip Rivers face.
.....but the pros...that's my dude.
smokin.gif
God dangit, yeah.
laugh.gif

The Dallas pick will be in the late teens. Low 20's at best. LA, OKC, Spurs, Houston with NENE are all better than Dallas out west. Bulls, Heat, Celtics, Knicks are better than Dallas right now.

No. Fricking. Way.

1) Not many teams have been better than the Mavericks in the regular season. I'm not saying it matters for much, but as far as draft picks go, yes it does. LA Lakers need to make a trade before they are better than us in the West. OKC, maybe. Spurs and Houston? Get out of here man.
laugh.gif
. Bulls, Heat, sure, maybe. Celtics, Knicks? I'm not so sure.
2. Even if they were, that's a #25 pick. Any pick not in the top-10 is normally garbage unless you draft well.

They cant send out the Warriors pick they potientally have, to Orlando cause its earmarked for Utah. That Warriors pick is protected top7. And if the Nets got Dwight it would be the pick Utah got no matter what.[/quiote]

What the hell Warriors pick are you talking about?
nerd.gif
. The Nets have the Rockets first round pick, heavily protected, that's it.

Houston with Nene is a top 4 seed in the West, and that pick is prob in the same range as the Dallas pick would be.

You're high off your *++ if you think Nene/Kevin Martin/Scola are enough to get you the #4 seed.
laugh.gif

NJ is owed a pick by Houston. Its likely to be similar in range to the Dallas pick if the Nets got Dwight, and the Rockets got Nene.

Okay, cool, but what does Nene have to do with any of this. What does this have to do with the Lakers trying to get Dwight more importantly, because that's what I'm asking here. You're trying to argue with me about the Nets and Dwight and the Warriors and I'm asking about the Lakers man.
laugh.gif

As far as a Bynum for Howard trade. If the Offers are Bynum, Dallas pick and future Lakers pick vs Lopez and Houston's pick with Nene, and a future Nets first rounder the picks are closer to even. If you think Bynum is worth the risk, the picks are even, and Lopez needs an extension beyond the next 2 years. You take Bynum every time.

So the Dallas pick puts the Lakers over the edge?

I'm sorry, but that Dallas pick is worthless unless everyone on the Dallas roster has a career-ending injury,
laugh.gif

Dallas is hot garbage this year. Your really gone tell me that Roddy who isnt even 100% yet is gone be better than Barea,?
Lamar is gone hold a candle to Tyson, and Vince is gone be better than Caron?
GTFOHWTBS
And all my "projections" were based on the Lakers or Nets with Howard and thus Houston getting Nene. So stop acting like a moron please its frustrating to have to explain 3 times as simply as the the terms dictate the same thing. And believe me the terms are complicated.
The Houston pick is affected by Nene, so it was directly relevant to the discussion of a trade by the Nets or Lakers in a Dwight Howard trade.

NENE is in Houston if the Nets get Dwight, that's a given at this point right?

Deuces since someone wanted to quote me.......

So in other words, can someone please try and answer my question about how this TPE is better than trading Lamar Odom?
nerd.gif
Go ask Cupcake that. The trade does not make any sense. Even the salary dumping excuse does not make sense.

Roddy could have played last year but carlisle didn't want to mess up the rotation like he did the year before.

And how exactly did Caron butler contribute to a championship when he missed the majority of the season?

Dallas is hot garbage this year. Your really gone tell me that Roddy who isnt even 100% yet is gone be better than Barea,?
Lamar is gone hold a candle to Tyson, and Vince is gone be better than Caron?
GTFOHWTBS
And all my "projections" were based on the Lakers or Nets with Howard and thus Houston getting Nene. So stop acting like a moron please its frustrating to have to explain 3 times as simply as the the terms dictate the same thing. And believe me the terms are complicated.
The Houston pick is affected by Nene, so it was directly relevant to the discussion of a trade by the Nets or Lakers in a Dwight Howard trade.

Stephen Jackson, is that you?
laugh.gif

Dirk was carrying the Mavericks to 50+ wins with just Kidd and Haywood, or Dampier, Josh Howard, and co. This team is just as good as those teams were, and Dirk is still playing at a high level.

Actually, Roddy is 100% now. Thanks for asking. Is he better than Barea? Depends on what you're talking about. Beaubois is a vastly better shooter, a better slasher, but not a better PG.

VC may not be better than Caron, but what did Caron do exactly to help the Mavericks win the championship?
laugh.gif

We lost Barea (presumably), Chandler, and Stevenson from the Championship squad. We've gotten Lamar, Fernandez, and now Beaubois back (Maybe VC, maybe another piece too). No, I don't think that's better, but it's not like we became a bottom-seed team from these moves..
laugh.gif

How does Dwight going to NJN/LAL mean that Nene signs in Houston? What kind of logic is that? And also, they'd still suck even if they had Nene (no offense my dude
laugh.gif
).

The Houston pick and Dallas "pick," are irrelevant in the discussion,
laugh.gif
. Both picks won't be very good regardless man. I don't care how "deep," this draft is. Those picks will be terrible. The Rockets aren't even a Playoff team with Nene, I'm sorry.

NENE is in Houston if the Nets get Dwight, that's a given at this point right?

Where do you come up with this stuff man.
laugh.gif

I guess I'll go to bed since talks seem to have died down. I'm going to wake up to Dwight in Miami and CP3 in Chicago with Rose.

Stupid $@% league

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I guess I'll go to bed since talks seem to have died down. I'm going to wake up to Dwight in Miami and CP3 in Chicago with Rose.

Stupid $@% league
Best back-court in the L.

roll.gif

They are better w/o Howard, than they are with Howard, and no Gasol  and or Bynum.

Otis go ahead and trade for that Mid first rounder and that late 20's pick and don't get the best talent, or the eventual cap flexibility. That would be moronic.
But neither deal is great.

Even with him 100% your the second oldest BC in the league.
You all wrecked Heywood. He was thinking, "He cant score or rebound better than me" ( lying about the rebounding) "Wait he does what? What is defense?"
Caron got you to the regular season start...
So the Lakers can age, but the Mavs cant?
+ Mike Brown always goes 100% in the regular season, and gets worn them worn out in the playoffs
Fernandez is half way back to Madrid, he ain't thinking about giving you good minutes which he can.
With Nene in Houston I really was looking at every report I have read since Wednesday, that the Nets would sign Nene if they struck out on Dwight, and the Rockets would sign him other wise.

Nene in another of those cities means NJ gets a second rounder in 2014..... LOL and that pick was offered to Orlando, who balked.

Houston won 43 games without him. Portland is def taking a step down, along with New Orleans, and Denver right? Which statement is more asinine.
Them being close to the 4 which is gone come down from 55 wins, or the  fact you said they wouldnt make the playoffs, after the disjointed season with all the trades they just had.
Come on now man, do you even watch anyone but the Mavs?
Really 3 teams have turmoil out west and Houston returning the same starting lineup then ended the season with+ potentially NENE doesnt make the playoffs.
Kevin Mchale isn't even a bad coach.

If picks are so important, they can be bought, easily. Teams are always willing to get rid of first round picks that late.

I'm not arguing about Lopez/Bynum.

My whole thing was asking how it puts the Lakers in better contention to get a late-20s pick.

So Nene/Kevin Martin/Luis Scola is a top 9-13 team in the L? No. Nuh uh. Nope. Sorry.

At best, Lakers get a pick that's 23rd or 24th. That's very best, IMO.

And yet, those are sold every single year. Dallas has bought a few, at least one I'm sure of.

If we want to argue about picks, let's argue about lotto picks. Dallas isn't going to be a lotto-team unless something drastic happens.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you about late 20 picks, or argue with you about Houston being a top-Playoff team with Nene.
roll.gif

Even if all those west teams improve Dallas is still a 4th seed. If there's any once prominent team I'm expecting to decline a bit, it's the Spurs.

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Its still 10 f u c k i n g spots you would be passing on. You all are acting like morons.

The 2 picks will be within 10 spots of each other if Houston has Nene. Is that a given?

But the pick puts them in better position because Bynum is a better talent than Lopez.

Memphis is another team better than Dallas this year.

Let's not get carried away...

This here makes the rules on NT look very suspect, smh

Hope you get warned/banned for quoting and highlighting but you jusayn right?

If picks are so important, they can be bought, easily. Teams are always willing to get rid of first round picks that late.

I'm not arguing about Lopez/Bynum.

My whole thing was asking how it puts the Lakers in better contention to get a late-20s pick.

So Nene/Kevin Martin/Luis Scola is a top 9-13 team in the L? No. Nuh uh. Nope. Sorry.

At best, Lakers get a pick that's 23rd or 24th. That's very best, IMO.

And yet, those are sold every single year. Dallas has bought a few, at least one I'm sure of.

If we want to argue about picks, let's argue about lotto picks. Dallas isn't going to be a lotto-team unless something drastic happens.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you about late 20 picks, or argue with you about Houston being a top-Playoff team with Nene.
roll.gif
They won 43 games and like 5 guys who started on the roster finished on it.
They have a solid PG, Solid SG, Potiental, and decent production at the SF, Scola at PF, and NENE at C
Whole lot of potiental on the bench too.

Denver is a worse team off top of losing Nene, No JR and Wilson Chandler til March. + their inflated record cause of Melo
Portland has Camby a year older, fat Raymond Felton, and a host of guys who I like, but wont get minutes... ( Armon Johnson,  Elliot Williams)
NO has to trade Paul, and cant hope to get better for this season.

I just think last year was a fluke for you guys. To be honest, another year older gives me little hope of Dallas extending that 50 win streak. Or even the win percentage which is more applicable.
That is Opinion.
We can sit and argue about it, but I know your wrong and I'm right.

THIS IS THE LAST BIT ABOUT THE PICKS
What you were failing to understand is that the Lakers could only offer 2 of their picks 2012/ and 2014 with Dwight as compensation for him.
Now they can offer a better pick, that could compare to a NJ pick with Dwight, or a Houston pick with NENE, and whatever positive other moves they made.
It's a negligible difference, but a difference.
Orlando has no interest in being over the cap unless they kill the Lakers, and get Gasol, and Bynum.
Was it a good trade? No, but if Orlando doesn't want salary or Lamar, whats the point of him?
If you have Howard, and Gasol his big time minutes off the bench are gone, he is already disgruntled.
They have to make the deal for Dwight and they have to keep Gasol.

Its amazing that someone quoted me and I edited the post.
I know it doesn't absolve the action, but quoting someone else just to make a statement about a post edited an hour ago is worse.

Originally Posted by knightngale

So in other words, can someone please try and answer my question about how this TPE is better than trading Lamar Odom?
nerd.gif
Go ask Cupcake that. The trade does not make any sense. Even the salary dumping excuse does not make sense.

word is Buss was heated at the way Odom was acting and wanted him out ASAP ...

Will update the first post with most trades by sometime tomorrow, including all minor moves/rookie signings similar to last years.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by knightngale

nerd.gif

word is Buss was heated at the way Odom was acting and wanted him out ASAP ...

@WojYahooNBA
Adrian Wojnarowski
Lakers had offered Lamar Odom to teams with salary cap space, one GM says. "He wanted out and they really wanted to reduce the tax bill."

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

I just think last year was a fluke for you guys. To be honest, another year older gives me little hope of Dallas extending that 50 win streak. Or even the win percentage which is more applicable.
That is Opinion.
We can sit and argue about it,
but I know your wrong and I'm right.
Ok first of all, how can I respect your opinion when you say last year was a fluke.

But how can you honestly believe that Dallas is not at worst a 4 seed in the West this season. While losing Chandler is a huge blow, we're not talking about how the Mavs are going to fair in the playoffs, we're talking about regular season here. Haywood > Gooden/Dampier > Bass/Diop/Dampier. So I will concede that OKC and the Lakers finish above the Mavs in the regular season and possibly San Antonio. But who else makes the jump?

Dirk has carried this team to 50+ win seasons in the past with a way worse supporting cast. Unless some serious injuries hamper the Mavs this year, the regular season shouldn't be too bad this season, the West looks pretty weak. I don't think the Mavs will do well in the playoffs with only having Haywood to hold down the 5, but it shouldn't hurt them in the regular season barring some injuries.

But then again last season was a fluke
grin.gif
Along with the other 11 50+ win seasons in a row right?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

who are the best people to follow on twitter for nba updates?
http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html if you just care about reading up to the minute stuff.

If you want to go directly through Twitter, here are who I follow, there are others, but if something big happens, one of these guys usually retweet it.

@ESPNSteinLine (Marc Stein)
@SekouSmtithNBA (Sekou Smith)
@chadfordinsider (Chad Ford)
@WojYahooNBA (Adrian Wojnarowski)
@KBergCBS (Ken Berger)
@HowardBeckNYT (Howard Beck)
@alanhahn (Alan Hahn)
@daldridgetnt (David Aldridge)
@johnholinger (John Hollinger).

There are others, including a lot of local guys that tweet stuff for your specific town, but I only know DAL twitter accounts. I know there are LA ones, I'm just not following them. But most major news will be broken or RT by those guys. There are a few others, like Sam Amick,  I just never bother to follow because they all RT all the same stuff a lot of the time.

Back
Top Bottom