☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Taking in LO could help the Lakers bring in Dwight, but it could also help land the Mavs D-Will next summer too (not to mention this season). No way in hell D-Will is staying with the Nets without Dwight coming.

I alluded to it earlier. Without Dwight, trade insures Williams is in Texas next year.
I still think if they played the cards right Houston could get Gasol and Deron Williams before Christmas.
Of Course.... LA could be making a play for Williams..............

Originally Posted by PRIME

Originally Posted by OneTrust

I never understood why CP3 "didn't" want to go to the Clippers in the first place.  They have the BRIGHTEST young star there for crying out loud!  Blake and CP3 would be a show to watch for sure.  

A show to watch for sure doesn't equal a championship. The Clippers wouldn't make it to the finals with or without CP3. 

Completely agree..You don't win a ring by having the most Sportscenter highlights..CP3 makes them a playoff team, but he doesn't make them anything close to a contender...They're young n fun to watch, but in the West, they're not better than the Mavs, Thunder, Lakers, Spurs, or Grizzlies, even with CP3.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

@Mike_Bresnaha

It's a straight salary dump.

6 minutes ago via TweetDeck
Just like I said few posts back. So piecing everything together...even w/ the distractions now, you do NOT dump LO off if there's nothing else in play. If the Magic wanted LO they could've had him but he's not going there. Think about that. So the next best thing (in Lakers "bigger picture") is to have the extra cap space for...???
Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Lakers just got enough to get Dwight for just Bynum though......
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by PRIME

Originally Posted by OneTrust

I never understood why CP3 "didn't" want to go to the Clippers in the first place.  They have the BRIGHTEST young star there for crying out loud!  Blake and CP3 would be a show to watch for sure.  

A show to watch for sure doesn't equal a championship. The Clippers wouldn't make it to the finals with or without CP3. 
They wouldn't get to the Finals right away but with Blake being ONLY a "sophmore," he's only going to get better.  Chris Paul ain't that old yet.  They'd still have plenty of time.  CP3 + Blake = Nice pieces to build with.

Originally Posted by marath0n

And Deandre..

They would have to change the rims after every quarter.
sick.gif
sick.gif

Dunkville, California

Mayor: Blake Griffin

Comptroller: DeAndre Jordan

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

JA, question.... are the Mavs interested in Dalembert still????

If so, S+T Dally for Odom

If the Hornets wanted Gordon before, why not now?
Bledsoe is out 6-8 weeks due to what? A torn ACL? I'm thinking they still want Gordon or at least Jordan instead of Kaman. With the way Kaman has been hurt, you might as well put him on the same list as Bynum as taking a risk.

edit:

Nvm, Kaman is an expiring. I still ask for Gordon + Aminu + Kaman.

I don't see the Lakers dumping Odom without a plan behind it..That's just stupidity and that organization is too smart to do something so dumb..I wouldn't be surprised if another free agent told them he wants to play there so they let Odom go for some cash.

What the hell is Mitch or Buss' son doing?? LO for a Mavs first rounder....who the hell wants that?
Salary dump, we sitll have luke walton. This entire thing is BAFFLING. Can we please trade for DWill now. (I cant see Dwill and Kobe coexisting)

[h2]Lakers pull out of Paul talks[/h2]
Posted on: December 11, 2011 12:27 am

Edited on: December 11, 2011 1:14 am

Score: 221

Log-in to rate:

A tortured three-team trade that would've sent Chris Paul to the Lakers fell apart Saturday night when the Lakers and Rockets were unable to satisfy criteria set forth by the NBA, which owns the Hornets, three people with knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com.

The Lakers immediately shifted gears and agreed to trade Lamar Odom to Dallas for undisclosed draft picks, a move that rival executives and a person briefed on the team's basketball strategies viewed as a precursor for a push to acquire Dwight Howard from Orlando.

Odom goes into a trade exception created when the Mavericks signed and traded center Tyson Chandler to the Knicks in a complicated, three-team deal, setting the stage for the Lakers to seriously engage the Magic in talks to acquire Howard, who on Saturday admitted that he'd requested to be traded.

CBSSports.com confirmed reports that Howard requested to be traded to the New Jersey Nets, but two people with direct knowledge of Howard's plans said Saturday that the All-Star center has long wanted to play in Los Angeles. Howard's affinity for the city is so strong that sources said the Lakers' co-tenants in Staples Center, the Clippers, should not be ruled out as a trade partner for Orlando.

The entire league will be trying to acquire Howard in the coming days now that his trade request is public and the Magic have acknowledged giving his agent, Dan Fegan, permission to discuss trade possibilities with the Lakers, Nets and Mavericks. But the Lakers are the only team capable of offering an All-Star 7-footer, Pau Gasol, and a potential All-Star 7-footer, Andrew Bynum -- while also being willing and able to take Hedo Turkoglu and his poisonous contract. 

The Rockets, who were supposed to get Gasol in the various versions of the ill-fated, three-team Paul trade, were said to be disconsolate at the breakdown in the talks. League sources said Houston's plan had been to acquire Gasol and follow it up by acquiring free-agent big man Nene with a four-year, $60-$64 million offer.

The breakdown in the Paul trade also sends the Hornets scrambling for another suitor for the All-Star point guard, who has made it clear he wants to be traded or will leave New Orleans as an unrestricted free agent after the season. Other teams, including the Clippers, Warriors and Celtics, were putting other moves on hold until the Lakers' pursuit of Paul reached a fork in the road. But given that the NBA blocked the initial trade sending Paul to the Lakers Thursday, and set forth conditions as the Hornets' functioning ownership that the three teams couldn't meet, it's difficult to imagine executives jumping into another Paul soap opera not knowing what the parameters for a deal would be.

Still, one front office executive said early Sunday that talks with the Clippers about a Paul trade would now be reignited. Previous discussions stalled when the Clippers refused to include sharpshooter Eric Gordon in the deal, and the leverage New Orleans had to hold out for a better offer is now gone -- ironically, killed by the league's refusal to approve the original deal that would've sent Paul to the Lakers and the subsequent collapse of the talks to revise the deal. But when a team trying to trade its franchise player is owned by the league, leverage is in the eyes of the beholder. What if commissioner David Stern insists on Gordon, other young pieces or even Minnesota's unprotected No. 1 pick held by the Clippers be included in the deal?

Really, only one thing was certain early Sunday as the aftermath of the Paul saga circulated through front offices across the league. Once Paul's ultimate destination is determined -- whether it's the Clippers, Celtics, Warriors, Hornets or somewhere else -- the logical next step could be a courtroom when, as one team executive said, "The lawsuits start flying."

While some executives and agents were confused as to why the Lakers didn’t seriously engage the Magic in trade discussions that would’ve sent Bynum and Gasol to Orlando for Howard and Turkoglu in the first place, sources said the answer was simple: the Lakers want to try to position themselves to land both Paul and Howard.

“They got greedy,â€

What if commissioner David Stern insists on Gordon, other young pieces or even Minnesota's unprotected No. 1 pick held by the Clippers be included in the deal?
Yep.

I think they have to give Gordon.

Actually, I'm guessing the Mavs are just gonna stick with Haywood huh...

I'm not sure man. I don't think they just flip Odom again just to get Dalembert, even though they definitely need a Center. Maybe they like the idea of Haywood starting, but are looking for a decent back-up, not necessarily someone of Dalembert's quality.

I want to see what happens with the rest of their FAs though. I'd hope we can still hang onto Barea somehow.

I know that LO, VC, Fernandez and whoever else isn't > Chandler, Barea, Butler, etc. , but I still think we need Barea and a decent C if we really want to contend next year.

Either that, or Beaubois really needs to break out.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I know that LO, VC, Fernandez and whoever else isn't > Chandler, Barea, Butler, etc. , but I still think we need Barea and a decent C if we really want to contend next year.

Either that, or Beaubois really needs to break out.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

What if commissioner David Stern insists on Gordon, other young pieces or even Minnesota's unprotected No. 1 pick held by the Clippers be included in the deal?

Yep.

If we're assuming that NO wouldn't get the pick and Gordon, why would they want Gordon instead of the pick?

As good as chris paul is, you can't give up gordon for him. Gordon is a 20+ point per game scorer here who is about to come into his own. With him and blake, Mo Williams is more than capable of running the show there.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Yep.

If we're assuming that NO wouldn't get the pick and Gordon, why would they want Gordon instead of the pick?

LAC should say up yours New Orleans, take what we give you since, one, we don't even know if CP will resign and two, pressure is on you guys to make a deal with only 6 peeps on your roster and the season startin in two weeks.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I only really like this deal if three things happen.

1) DeAndre is re-signed and not involved.
2) Eric Gordon is not involved.
3) Blake isn't involved.

3 is a given, but 1 and 2 I'm not sure about.

they have to give up eric gordon. bledsoe and amino are trash.

SMFH...If there's no end game to this, then the Lakers just made some of the most asinine moves I've ever seen.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

@Mike_Bresnahan
Lakers will get the Mavs' first-round pick in 2012, maybe a second-rounder as well.

hey look now we have the draft pick we needed for the hornets deal............oh wait...nevermind 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom