☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Source: West Nearing Deal With Celtics
December 10, 2011
A source briefed on discussions Friday evening said that the Boston Celtics are close to a deal with free agent power forward David West, who has been with the New Orleans Hornets since being drafted in 2003.

West, 31, was expected to be one of the top free agents in this year’s class, but he is coming off of a torn ACL suffered late last season in a game against Utah. West has diligently rehabbed his injury in North Carolina last summer, but teams have been slow to make significant offers to him.

via David Aldridge of NBA.com

Oh no, if Lamar is traded to NO.. will his and Khloe relationship last?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Just listened to this radio interview between Stephen A. Smith and Lamar and honestly I've never felt more empathy for Lamar. He sounds devastated. Never thought a trade could have such an impact on a player.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7333531

He needs to stop being a baby. Suck it up and act like a professional. CP3 is in a worse situation and he managed to show up to training camp. Players get traded everyday. At the end of the day it's all business. You can't take it too personal.

Originally Posted by mgrand15

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

If the deal is sweetened enough that Stern allows the Hornets to trade CP3 in which I would assume the Lakers will take on West or Okafor, he may in effect all but book Dwight's ticket to the Lakers as well. Know way that Otis will take Brook freaking Lopez and some late round picks over a package consisting of Bynum, Okafor, picks for D12 and Hedo. Him vetoing the trade could actually turn out to be a blessing in disguise. If not and he allows West to be traded for the corpse of Jermaine O'Neal then I'm officially done with the NBA.

I keep hearing this thrown out there. Will someone please tell me why the Magic would prefer to take on Okafor's terrible contract and a very injury prone Bynum over a completely healthy Brook Lopez and real cap relief? Am I missing something? Do Bynum's 4 extra rebounds a game (yet a ton of less games played and minutes over the last three year) count for so much? Would do Magic really trade D12 for that package knowing they'd create a super team in LA? How does it make sense basketball and financially other than the fact that the Lakers (like the Knicks) can make whatever trade they want in the media's eyes?
It isn't cap relief if they want to keep Brook Lopez who is a free agent in 2012 and they'd have to give triple his contract now. Bynum can just be let go as a free agent after this year if the Magic so choose and have the same effect as Brook. You can also entice more people to play with Andrew Bynum than Brook Lopez...

Emeka Okafor is also a solid player who is EASY TO MOVE to another team. They could probably find a suitor for Emeka within a week, and get expiring/small money contracts in return

If the Magic keep Okafor & Bynum.. With the team they have now, they are a playoff team in the East without injuries.
               PG- Nelson/Duhon   SG-Jason Richardson/JJ Redick  SF- QRich  PF-Okafor/Big Baby/Anderson/Orton  C- Bynum

And how does it makes sense to trade him to the Nets who are in the same conference, which would make Nets in the top 5 playoff teams.. And Magic outside of the playoffs..

Also Nets can't give up just Lopez to pick up D12.. They will want Hedo's contract going to the Nets. You can trade Outlaw & Farmar or Outlaw and Morrow ... So you take on a 4 year $7million a year contract in Outlaw who is a mediocre player.

No one says Knicks could make what ever trade they want.... On the contrary they said a deal for CP3 won't happen because they do not have anything to trade with.... They say the Lakers can because they have huge pieces that they can let go.... Odom is one of the most versatile players, and can fill most roles successfully.. Bynum is a top 5 Center... Gasol is a top 5 Power Forward... 

Originally Posted by OneTrust

CP3 or Dwight will be a Laker this year...hell possibly both of them.  League is turning into a damn circus for real.

I agree they will get one of them.

Mamba, I wouldn't say blessing in disguise because it was already being reported that LA was focusing on making a Howard deal next, if not for the veto, they could both already be at practice. 

Dwight being told 3 teams, and us being one of them, all the while the Paul deal is still being worked on, I wonder if there's still a chance that LA gets over on Gilbert and the Sterns and lands both.

That should make everyone love us. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Gonna be a long season. 

I love that the little sensitive dude don't even know what to say anymore now, the deal has flip flopped so many times, and all his proclamations the last 5 years about the Lakers being done, and the SPURS being the team, and all that other worthless crap he fills the board up with, he don't know what to do now.  Oh well, at least he has half the NFL to root for to win the super bowl. 

Originally Posted by LovesIt

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Just listened to this radio interview between Stephen A. Smith and Lamar and honestly I've never felt more empathy for Lamar. He sounds devastated. Never thought a trade could have such an impact on a player.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7333531

He needs to stop being a baby. Suck it up and act like a professional. CP3 is in a worse situation and he managed to show up to training camp. Players get traded everyday. At the end of the day it's all business. You can't take it too personal.

How do you figure Chris is in a worse situation? He's in the final year of his contract, if they decide to trade him or not he can leave at the end of this season and go where ever he wants.  Lamar would be stuck in that hell for the next 4yrs or so, coming off his best season winning 6th of the year doing work for them and yet he's getting moved when he was vital to them winning chips again in the 1st place.  You can't see how this man would be devastated?

Mogs act like they aren't human sometimes. I mean I understand wanting to better your team and all but to act like a person like Lamar who's been there for the past what 7yrs or so who just re'd up with y'all to continue his career with y'all can't be emotional about having his life uprooted is another thing all together.  Hell like SAS said just the thought of going from playing for LAL to playing for NOLA is enough to make a person emotional.
laugh.gif

^
Technically, Lamar would only have to play there this season.  It's a team option the year after, and I assume the Hornets would flip him for more assets to a contender later, rather than exercise the option on a 32-33 year old at 9-10 mil.  So Lamar could play elsewhere as soon as Oct 2012, or maybe at the trade deadline. 

We are one day in this thing and it's just been nuts. Tampering..permission to talk to certain teams..trade vetoes..players going off the deep end because they were involved then not involved in a trade..quality guys retiring..potential lawsuits..wacky rumors of trades/signings.

Nene, the top center left in free agency, is reportedly pushing for a max contract and could get the most money by re-signing with the Nuggets. But after the Nets missed out on free agent Tyson Chandler, who agreed to a deal with the Knicks, they upped the offer for Nene to four years, $70 million, according to a source. 
Link

This would put nene at 17.5 mil annually.

For comparison, Dwight Howard will make about 17.8 mil this season.

Interesting move with Rip... by interesting I mean that doesn't worry me. If the Bulls grab someone else in addition to him, then I like it, but if it's just Rip... I'll allow it.

That celtics trade is a joke and the league is run by a bunch of morons

They've made the league look like such a joke after the best season. I mean it's on some other *%@$ how poorly run this league is

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Interesting move with Rip... by interesting I mean that doesn't worry me. If the Bulls grab someone else in addition to him, then I like it, but if it's just Rip... I'll allow it.

who are you telling... He better be being brought in to mentor JR
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom