*★*Official Chicago Bears 2009-2010 Thread(4-4)*★* week 10 @49ers

^^
I have an appointment at 2:30.... I hope it gets done in half an hour. I can always catch the podcast.

Originally Posted by Shun Goku Satsu

cutler to boldin anyone
nerd.gif
Boldin states he would love to play in Miami. And he is from Florida. Gonna be a tough sell but after what happened yesterday...

and...
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Will Boldin come to Chicago? Not very likely. I think it is far more likely to see Holt come in, or even Harrison, than Boldin. Of course I thought Cutlerwould never be here either.

Ultimately unless the Bears can solve some of the other problems, bad defense, poor line (despite the signing of Pace) and poor wide receivers, it will stillbe a tough year. I dont think a whole lot has to be done to the D, because Cutler makes the offense so much more potent. The D can afford to give up morepoints cause Cutler can cover their butts.

Christmas came early this year, that much I am certain of.

Originally Posted by Chris Paul 3

Originally Posted by AssistantSupervisor81

does anyone know what time the press conference introducing cutler will be?
at 5pm...

he's on 670 the score at 3pm

Thanks for the info. Would any of you guys trade hester and possibly a 2nd round pick for Boldin?

whats the situation looking like with T.J since I sincerely doubt we'll be able to get Quan although I'd love to have him here...

at 5pm...

Thanks for the info. Would any of you guys trade hester and possibly a 2nd round pick for Boldin?
to tell you the truth ..................

maybe depending on how this year go
whats the situation looking like with T.J since I sincerely doubt we'll be able to get Quan although I'd love to have him here...

sea hawks

at 5pm...

I would trade Hester and a 2nd rounder for Boldin all day long, every day.

Originally Posted by Shun Goku Satsu

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Plaxico is a free agent as of right now. Someone tell Jerry Angelo.
i just said that in the other thread that would most def work
after benson and tank, angelo won't go after those types of players

Dudes, I think Plax is probably looking at some time. At least that is the rumor on the radio.

Black and Blue (and Cutler) all over

April 3, 2009 6:54 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert

I don't know about you, but I can think of nothing better to do on a Friday morning than look at division-wide reaction to the Jay Cutler trade. With the NFC North still reverberating by Chicago's stunning acquisition, let's let 'er rip:
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Podcast: Football Today[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
9597.jpg
Jeremy Green analyzes
listen.gif
the Jay Cutler trade for both the Bears and the Broncos. Did the Bears pay too much? What does this mean for the Broncos?
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
David Haugh of the Chicago Tribune puts it all in perspective: "Thursday marked the most exciting, significant day for the Bears since Super Bowl XLI. A 25-year-old Pro Bowl quarterback and a future Hall of Fame left tackle [Orlando Pace] in the same day? Welcome back to NFL relevancy, Chicago."

The Tribune's Rick Morrissey, on the other hand, isn't a big fan of the deal: "If Jay Cutler doesn't raise red flags, Bears fans, you are color blind. From all appearances and indications, he has the maturity level of larva."

Dan Pompei of the Tribune doesn't disagree with the move but notes the Bears must focus on "alternative forms" of player acquisition after the loss of three high draft choices. Pompei: "If draft picks indeed are the lifeblood of a team, the Bears will need to be on the lookout for warning signs of anemia."

This deal will seal the legacy of Bears general manager Jerry Angelo one way or the other, writes Gene Wojciechowski of ESPN.com. Wojciechowski: "You have to give Angelo credit for taking the plunge with Cutler. It was more than bold move; it was a move that will end up in the first or second paragraph of his obituary."

Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun-Times comes up with the most interesting sidelight of the deal. Cutler's father, Jack, has had some not-so-nice things to say about Bears offensive coordinator Ron Turner in recent years. According to multiple stories, Turner rescinded a scholarship offer to Cutler when he was the head coach at Illinois, forcing Cutler to scramble for a school. Jack Cutler called the move "dirty."

Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press calls the trade "typical Lions fate." Sharp: "Jay Cutler goes to Chicago. He's now guaranteed another Pro Bowl season because he'll face the Lions twice a season."

John Niyo of the Detroit News is at peace with the outcome for the Lions: "Mortgaging the future -- even for a 25-year-old potential star quarterback -- doesn't make sense when the future's all you've got."

The tide has turned in Green Bay, writes Greg A. Bedard of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: "The Bears, who trotted out 21 starting quarterbacks in the 16 years Brett Favre led the Green Bay Packers, now have the most talented and established quarterback in the division." (Paging Aaron Rodgers.)

Jim Souhan of the Star Tribune faults Vikings coach Brad Childress for choosing Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels over Cutler: "When it comes to quarterbacks, Childress has trouble telling the difference between Spam and Honey Baked Ham."

Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press quotes Vikings radio analyst Pete Bercich: "[The division] a toss-up right now, after putting him in there. But I think it's us by a nose. The Bears still have some serious holes to fill on defense. Brian Urlacher is becoming a liability. At the end of the year, if you watch him, he couldn't move as well, and he's lost a step. And they have critical

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-10-20/Cutler-offers-fourth-quarter-upgrade.html
Cutler offers fourth-quarter upgrade

April 3, 2009 9:00 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert

How would Chicago's season have turned out in 2008 had it not lost fourth-quarter leads at Carolina and against Tampa Bay during successive September weekends? If the rest of the season played out with no changes, the Bears would have won the NFC North with an 11-5 record.

ESPN Stats & Information offers a statistical comparison that could assuage that concern. Newly-acquired quarterback Jay Cutler had a 94.2 passer rating in the fourth quarter last season, more than 30 points higher than the Bears' combination of Kyle Orton and Rex Grossman. Here are the figures, courtesy Allison Wachs:
[table][tr][td]Fourth-quarter Performance (2008)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Bears QBs[/td] [td]Jay Cutler[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Comp. Pct.[/td] [td]56.1[/td] [td]59.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TD-Int[/td] [td]2-5[/td] [td]11-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yards per attempt[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]7.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Passer rating[/td] [td]63.1[/td] [td]94.2[/td] [/tr][/table]
deficiencies at safety."

As much as I'd like Boldin to come over, I just don't see it happening. I'd like to see Holt come over, dude still has a lot left in the tank andwould certainly come with less baggage than Plax.

The Cutler trade makes the draft simple: patch up the defense, retool the line, and try to steal a receiver.

Hey guys, thank our pals, the Minnesota Vikings for making this deal possible
wink.gif

"The Bears also should send a thank-you to the Vikings complex in Eden Prairie, Minn., for their role in bringing Chicago its first franchise quarterback. Without the Vikings signing free-agent wideout Bernard Berrian to a $42 million contract last offseason, the Bears may not have received a compensatory third-round pick (99th) that surely made them feel more comfortable dealing their own third-rounder to Denver [in the Cutler trade]. As tough as it was to endure a 2008 season without Berrian as a deep threat, it was worthwhile if Cutler is the payoff."
Also, the math's been done, the two first rounders that we sent over, would be no better than a 3rd pick overall, logically, I'd do thatfor a proven quarterback.
smokin.gif

And that 17-1 stat about the defense
pimp.gif

Bear down boysssss

[h1]Devin Hester eager for Jay Cutler passes[/h1] [h2]Chicago Bears receiver also would like team to add Torry Holt[/h2] April 4, 2009 Devin Hester all but salivated as he envisioned fielding deep balls from new Bears quarterback Jay Cutler. But as he continues to evolve as a receiver, Hester would welcome help at the position.

He even has someone in mind.

" Torry Holt," Hester said. "In my opinion, he still has two good years left in him.

"From going to the Pro Bowl, I picked his brain. We talked about route running. He seems to have a lot of knowledge. I could pick his brain some more for a few years, and that would really help us out."

Problem is, Holt, 32, reportedly had a good visit in Tennessee and could end up signing with the Titans. The former Rams star also visited Jacksonville. But Holt has a history with Bears coach Lovie Smith from St. Louis and his former teammate, Orlando Pace, just signed with the Bears.

Another veteran receiver hit the market Friday when Plaxico Burress was released by the Giants. His legal issue involved a gun-possession charge and that might scare teams away. And the Bears dispatched Tank Johnson and Cedric Benson after too many off-the-field incidents.

New start: Former Bears quarterback Kyle Orton arrived in Denver on Friday a day after getting traded for Cutler. And Orton apparently shaved his beard, signifying a new start.

Asked by the Denver Post about the trade, Orton said, "No, I wasn't expecting it. I don't really pay attention to speculation. I'm not a guy who talks to my agent every day, either."
[h1]Bears better act quickly on Holt, but Burress available now too[/h1]
By Vaughn McClure

We saw a boldness never expected from Bears upper management after it pulled off the Jay Cutler trade on Thursday. Not to mention the organization added veteran tackle Orlando Pace to protect Cutler.

Now Cutler just needs another target other than Devin Hester. Veteran Torry Holt, Pace's teammate with the St. Louis Rams, is a free agent. But maybe not for long.

Holt had a good visit with the Titans, according to reports out of Nashville. Holt also visited Jacksonville and could be mulling over the two teams.

Also, Plaxico Burress was cut by the New York Giants with gun possession charge still unresolved. Would the Bears be willing to go that rout considering what has happened in the past with Tank Johnson and Cedric Benson?

But the Bears could always step into the picture last minute, as they appear to do with Cutler and Pace. Washington was supposed to be the front-runner for Cutler before the Bears pulled it off. Baltimore was making a push for Pace before the Bears altered the plans.

Holt, who turns 33 in June, has 869 career catches for 12,660 yards and 74 touchdowns. The Bears signed aging veteran Marty Booker last season and gave him an opportunity to play. Booker was released, and Holt would be an upgrade.

By the way, Holt and Pace have the same agent, Kennard McGuire.

Do it Jerry. Do it. I wish Orton the best. Dude was a straight professional, never complained about anything. Dude just wants to play football and get hisdrink on.

I would love plaxico for the bears but im afraid he might get jail time
Yeah Plax is getting some jailtime,Bloomberg is not going to let this fly,stuff like this make politicians feel good about themselves.

But I do wonder what would we have to give up get Boldin.

Originally Posted by SouthsideChi773

I would love plaxico for the bears but im afraid he might get jail time
Yeah Plax is getting some jailtime,Bloomberg is not going to let this fly,stuff like this make politicians feel good about themselves.

But I do wonder what would we have to give up get Boldin.
Chances are slim to none with no first round picks. I dunno what we have to offer the Cards for Boldin. Holt on the other hand would be a greatpick up.

Back
Top Bottom