*★*Official Chicago Bears 2009-2010 Thread(4-4)*★* week 10 @49ers

its real sad when the only thing we have to talk about this offseason is the moves the bears DIDNT/WONT make

Does this mean we might draft Andre Smith if he's available?
sick.gif

We're goin O-line first again.......oh good god....what a crap team....what a crap organization........crap crap crap

Would the Chicago Bears be interested in Michael Vick?
By Vaughn McClure

Jarrett Bell of USA Today wrote a piece on Michael Vick, and at the end of it was an interesting quote from one particular NFL head coach.

"I would look at Michael like I look at every other prospect that's available: He goes back into the pool," Bears coach Lovie Smith said in the article. "That's what everyone in society does. Martha Stewart went to prison. She paid her time. Now she's back in society.

"Mike made a mistake, and he's paying the price for that mistake. Once you've paid your debt to society, you have to say, 'OK, let's go on from there.' "

Commissioner Roger Goodell has not committed on a timetable for Vick's reinstatement. But Vick, serving a 23-month sentence for funding a dogfighting ring, has to show true remorse before he is allowed back on an NFL field.

So make a play for Jay Cutler or wait on Michael Vick? Chances are, the Bears will do neither. But it makes for good conversation.
via chicago tribune

Originally Posted by Chris Paul 3

Would the Chicago Bears be interested in Michael Vick?
By Vaughn McClure

Jarrett Bell of USA Today wrote a piece on Michael Vick, and at the end of it was an interesting quote from one particular NFL head coach.

"I would look at Michael like I look at every other prospect that's available: He goes back into the pool," Bears coach Lovie Smith said in the article. "That's what everyone in society does. Martha Stewart went to prison. She paid her time. Now she's back in society.

"Mike made a mistake, and he's paying the price for that mistake. Once you've paid your debt to society, you have to say, 'OK, let's go on from there.' "

Commissioner Roger Goodell has not committed on a timetable for Vick's reinstatement. But Vick, serving a 23-month sentence for funding a dogfighting ring, has to show true remorse before he is allowed back on an NFL field.

So make a play for Jay Cutler or wait on Michael Vick? Chances are, the Bears will do neither. But it makes for good conversation.
via chicago tribune

PETA is going to make things so hard for son,Goodell and GM's are going to be scared and basically get caught in the middle.

And I noticed Lovie really doesn't have any pull over personnel,Angelo works alone doesn't like input.I mean how many years have we been without a leadreceiver and we got lucky with Matt Forte.

Anything new goin on 'round ya'll? Anything at all?

laugh.gif

Congrats on the new QB, but imo you guys gave up too much especially since Denver said they were going to trade him. You should have been able to get at adiscount, but hey, good QB's are hard to find. So good luck to you guys.

We did give up a lot, but they Bears have a good amount of picks regardless, and it's the late rounders that seem to work out for us anyway. I'm justhappy that the Bears actually did something this offseason. It was frustrating to see them do nothing while everyone else is addressing what their team needs.Cutler and Pace coming to the Chi is definitely a day to remember.

We did give up a lot but we had to beat out the rest of the teams to get Cutler. its worth it cause we"ve been hurting so much at qb plus he comes to hisfavorite team. its a good day in chicago today!

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

We did give up a lot, but they Bears have a good amount of picks regardless, and it's the late rounders that seem to work out for us anyway. I'm just happy that the Bears actually did something this offseason. It was frustrating to see them do nothing while everyone else is addressing what their team needs. Cutler and Pace coming to the Chi is definitely a day to remember.
I thought you were a Lions fan.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

We did give up a lot, but they Bears have a good amount of picks regardless, and it's the late rounders that seem to work out for us anyway. I'm just happy that the Bears actually did something this offseason. It was frustrating to see them do nothing while everyone else is addressing what their team needs. Cutler and Pace coming to the Chi is definitely a day to remember.
I thought you were a Lions fan.
I'm a Michigan fan. I'm a student there. Only team that I root for that's not in Chicago.

We gave up alot, but what was the chance that the Bears were ever gonna draft a guy like Cutler? slim to none. You gotta have a season were you endure 3 to 4wins and then a guy has to be coming out in that year who has the potential to be like Cutler. Or, you get fricking lucky and draft Tom Brady. This caliber ofplayer becoming available so early in his career so rarely happens that I am glad to take the risk.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Anything new goin on 'round ya'll? Anything at all?

laugh.gif

Congrats on the new QB, but imo you guys gave up too much especially since Denver said they were going to trade him. You should have been able to get at a discount, but hey, good QB's are hard to find. So good luck to you guys.

I always forget that ur not a Bears fan CP
roll.gif

Those draft picks might be a lot for a normal team, but with our history, those picks ain't nothin.

BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Originally Posted by Shun Goku Satsu

cutler to boldin anyone
nerd.gif

How we gonna pull that off?
same way we pulled this one off

tell boldin to start runin his mouth
laugh.gif

like i said in the other thread we wasnt going to get a cutler type QB with none of those picks

add that to the fact they was getting 2 1st rounders and a QB any ways so why not lol

I cant believe we actually made a move
eek.gif
pimp.gif

prop to Angelo for actually going after something we need
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom