*★*Official Chicago Bears 2009-2010 Thread(4-4)*★* week 10 @49ers

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9705

[h3]Broncos to reunite in 2010?[/h3]
Brandon Marshall | Broncos | Interested: Bears?
The Chicago Bears could use some help at wide receiver now that they've filled the quarterback slot with an All-Pro. The free-agent market at the position is a little trim, with the troubled Matt Jones and past-his-prime Marvin Harrison representing two of the best available, but David Haugh of the Chicago Tribune has his eyes set on next offseason already.
Haugh notes that the Denver Broncos did not extend the contract of Brandon Marshall this offseason, and the receiver's current pact is set to expire after the upcoming campaign. The Outside the Lines report chronicling the alleged violence in his past probably doesn't help, but these allegations would not prevent the Bears or anyone else from taking a look next offseason. Without a resolution to the collective bargaining agreement, however, Marshall would be a restricted free agent, which could deter some teams from taking a look.

Although having a high-scoring QB-WR tandem would be a bit out of character for the smashmouth Bears, it could give them an extra step against the rest of the NFC North heading into 2010.

Meanwhile, The Denver Post reports that Marshall continues to rehab after hip surgery in Orlando while the team restarts passing camp in Colorado. Marshall's agent Kennard McGuire told the Post this decision was not about sending a message to the Broncos about Marshall's unresolved contract extension situation, but rather that it was decided he could get better medical attention in Florida.

"This young man has been continually looking to establish and build a relationship of trust and confidence with the organization," McGuire told the Post. "There has been ongoing dialogue between myself, Brandon and the (Broncos) staff. It's unfortunate that so much has been made of one conversation. My disappointment is that last year Brandon fought through and played through a tough injury that went undiagnosed after several MRIs. So it's within our right to continue to get professional help in the rehab process. We feel this is the best course of action to make sure he is healthy and ready."

From ESPN Insider

DO IT JERRY!
pimp.gif

I'd take Marshall in a heartbeat.

"Cutler fakes the hand off to Forte, looks.....looks, he's got a man open! Marshall with the catch at the 40, to the 30, 20, 10 , touchdown! TouchdownBears!!!"

1st id like to say
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ thisjpz
laugh.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Dungy: Jury out on Cutler[/h1]
By Bob Wolfley of the Journal Sentinel
Jun. 3, 2009 1:03 p.m.

Former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy this morning made some interesting observations about the addition of quarterback Jay Cutler to the Chicago Bears.

Dungy was on a conference call with reporters because he and former San Diego and New England safety Rodney Harrison have joined NBC-TV's Sunday studio show, "Football Night in America."

Dungy made an initial remark about Cutler, which I followed up with a question in the Q&A.

NBC's first telecast of the regular season is Chicago at Green Bay on Sept. 13.

"I can remember when (Chicago coach) Lovie Smith went there saying we have to beat the Green Bay Packers, that's what this job is all about in Chicago," Dungy said. "They made a move specifically to do that, going out to get Jay Cutler, because of Green Bay's defense and all the press, man coverage, that we have got to have that threat. I think they took a risk. I think they took that risk specifically with beating the Green Bay Packers in mind.

"Chicago gave up a lot to get a quarterback they believe is going to be the final piece in the puzzle," Dungy said. "But I'm not sure he has won enough to merit that. It may turn out to be a great move. But I think the jury is out. To me, it was a risky move. But I think that was done with the idea of beating one team."

I asked Dungy if he considered Cutler the best starting quarterback in the NFC North.

"I think that remains to be seen," Dungy said. "I think he is a very talented guy who can throw the ball very well. But quarterbacking is so much about leadership and so much about doing things under pressure. There is going to be a lot of pressure on him in Chicago because he is being viewed as the missing piece to the puzzle to get them back to the Super Bowl. We'll see about the maturity level. That's what I would question, and some of the things that happened leading to him leaving Denver. That would concern me as a coach. So that's my question. I think he can make all the throws, but quarterbacking is much more than just making throws."

dungy is smoking that good green if he believes jay isnt the best QB in our div

and as far as greenbay D playin alot of man and press i thought they was changing to a 3-4 zone style D ............did something change
grin.gif
eyes.gif

greenbay is greenbay im not lookin at them im lookin past them
pimp.gif

I respect Dungy, but his logic is whack. He sounds like a hater. Has he seen our last 27 drafts?.....SMH at people still thinking the Bears gave up too much.This single move has changed the whole damn thing. fans know what i mean.

On a side note, i can't wait to get me some tix. I'm hoping for the first home game against Pit...man oh man.

Dungy is pretty far off on this one. Bears fans are some of the most passionate and knowledgeable fans in the game. We know we generally suck at drafting, Jaycan be here for the next 10 years and solidify a position that the Bears never have solid.
Angelo was not sitting around saying, "If we get Jay we can beat Green Bay.". This move was made with a Super Bowl in mind. Maybe not this year andmaybe not the next, Jay Cutler is a long term move to build a championship team around.
September cannot get here quickly enough.

[h1]Jay Cutler to Devin Hester: Already in sync[/h1] [h2]Chicago Bears combo hit stride quickly[/h2] David Haugh | On the Bears June 4, 2009
One play into Wednesday's full-team Bears scrimmage session confirmed the most interesting bit of progress at Halas Hall still three months before the 2009 season-opener.

Jay Cutler glided back into a seven-step drop, set his feet in a pocket protected by left tackle Orlando Pace, and peered downfield where wide receiver Devin Hester had gotten a step on his defender.

For aesthetic purposes, ignore for a moment that cornerback Zack Bowman was limited in how physical he could get with Hester in this non-contact drill.

But that is beside the point.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-david-haugh,0,5445539.columnist

The point that will be driven home whenever the Bears offense takes the field from now until September came in the way Cutler's arching spiral hit Hester in stride and landed gently in his hands. And the way Hester kept running to the end zone like it was a play he would go home and watch on "SportsCenter."

All Hester had to do was get a step. The ball was there, easily within reach, right where the playbook said it should be. All he had to do was catch it, tuck it and run with that rare speed of his.

When the Bears keep saying they have confidence in their rather pedestrian corps of wide receivers, this is why. When general manager Jerry Angelo continues to espouse the theory that the quarterback makes the receiver, and not the other way around, this is why.

"As good as advertised," tight end Desmond Clark said of Cutler.

But that was not the only thing obvious on display Wednesday during Organized Team Activities.

1Pisa Tinoisamoa will have to earn his starting job at strong-side linebacker.

Linebackers coach Bob Babich wanted to make one point perfectly clear.

" Nick Roach is the starting [strong-side linebacker] and there's competition," Babich said. "We feel good no matter who ends up starting at that position."

Tinoisamoa has more experience than Roach and, based on his first six seasons in the league with the Rams, projects as a better player. But the Bears will work him along slowly -- there's no hurry -- and let the matter become clearer during the preseason as it should be.

Tinoisamoa reflected the delicate nature of the competition when he addressed how Roach and injured former starter Hunter Hillenmeyer, whom Roach beat out last year, welcomed him.

"They've been super generous and nice to me ... but I don't think it's right for me to say something about the situation," Tinoisamoa said.

2Suddenly, linebacker might be the Bears' deepest position.

Babich almost couldn't contain himself pointing out Jamar Williams -- remember him -- has intercepted three passes in the five previous days. Williams is the perennial backup to Lance Briggs who never has gotten a fair shot to prove himself as a starter in three NFL seasons -- and barring injury won't get a chance in his fourth. But Williams is good enough to start on many NFL teams.

Add Roach and Hillenmeyer, who didn't practice because he still is recovering from surgery to repair a sports hernia, and that's a No. 2 linebacking corps full of guys who each have starting experience. Rookie Marcus Freeman also looks like a keeper, perhaps clouding the future of '08 draft pick Joey LaRocque.

3Tight end might be the second-deepest position.

No Bears receiver may benefit more from the Cutler Effect than tight end Greg Olsen, who must consider 75 receptions and 10 touchdown catches a realistic goal. Reliable veteran Clark still can get open downfield and showed off his good hands during a nice catch during team drills. Then there's newly signed free-agent Michael Gaines, the imposing third tight end who looked like he was wearing shoulder pads Wednesday and should make third-and-short much less daunting this season.

4Josh Bullocks is the team's most experienced safety and means business.

Don't assume Bullocks was switched quietly to strong safety from the free safety spot he has primarily played during his first four NFL seasons simply to supply depth. The way Bullocks sees it, he is there to challenge returning starter Kevin Payne -- who's a big hitter but still could improve his feel for the game.

"Me learning strong safety is actually going to pay big dividends for me in the long run," Bullocks said.

As the Bears search for the right safety combination among Craig Steltz, Corey Graham, Payne and Bullocks, Bullocks' 49 NFL starts can't be overlooked.

5The atmosphere is back.

The novelty of Cutler's first public practice two weeks ago hadn't worn off. It was June 3, but the energy and excitement level of a typically mundane practice was palpable. One player compared it to spring football at a big-time college football program. The players feel the buzz and discuss the anticipation level of training camp. The anticipation level of training camp. Which is only 57 days away, if you're counting.
G this year is going to be just so so fun to watch play out, hester is going to put up monster numbers along with olsen

Originally Posted by CasperJr

G this year is going to be just so so fun to watch play out, hester is going to put up monster numbers along with olsen
Read that article last night
pimp.gif
. I think Olsen will make thePro Bowl this season. Anyone know how the WRs look? I hope Iglesias can be just as effective as he was at OU.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2139

[h3]Burress still on Bears' radar[/h3]
Plaxico Burress | Giants | Interested: Buccaneers? Jets? Bears?
His legal issue has been discussed ad nauseam, and no quick resolution is likely even after the next hearing June 15, but Plaxico Burress continues to get press because of the slight chance that he could be available to play in 2009. Recently, Plax's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, indicated that three teams were interested in his charge, and these three were thought to be the New York Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- both of which have publicly admitted to contacting Rosenhaus about Burress -- and the Chicago Bears, who have displayed a sense of withdrawn interest in print.
Speaking to the Chicago Sun-Times, some of Burress' potential Bears teammates welcomed the move Wednesday. Devin Hester, currently slated as Jay Cutler's top target, said, "I feel pretty comfortable with what we have here right now. If we added Plaxico Burress, that's only going to build confidence even more. Why wouldn't he help us?"

Defensive end Alex Brown was quick to say that Burress would need to shape up his other off-field issues, but also welcomed the idea of adding the talented pass-catcher: "I have played here all my career so I don't know the standard anywhere else but the standard here is set and it's not going to change for anybody. If he comes here, then he'll have to do what we do and live up to those standards. Plax, hey, who wouldn't want that guy on their team? He's a great player."

As for Desmond Clark, forgiveness and a sense of moving forward from mistakes was the theme of the day, as he said to the Sun-Times, "Talent is talent. But the one thing you don't want are bad guys. Just from people I talk to, everybody says he is a really, really good guy. ? From everything I know, he just made a couple stupid mistakes. That doesn't make him a bad guy. If he was to come here, we would welcome him. Why wouldn't we?"

To be fair, in the weeks following the end of the season, Burress' then-teammates on the New York Giants were also almost unanimous in their endorsements for the team to welcome him back following resolution of his gun possession charge, and this unanimity may have weighed on team management but did not sway them to retain his rights. In other words, while Burress will likely be welcomed by any group of players, the decision will come down to the management crew weighing the future headaches against on-field performance.

Then again, as said before, Burress' playing time this year might be limited to his snaps on the field behind the walls of the Rikers Island penitentiary

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Read that article last night
pimp.gif
. I think Olsen will make the Pro Bowl this season. Anyone know how the WRs look? I hope Iglesias can be just as effective as he was at OU.
been lookin into that myself i guess nothing big will come out tell mini camp

they talkin about wat tony said on 1st take now
laugh.gif

EDIT:
Looking good: Rookie receiver Johnny Knox, a fifth-round pick from Abilene Christian, has displayed quickness, speed and good hands in OTA practices.

"It's coming along each day," Knox said. "I have to take my time and just have to get the feel of the quarterback from Week 1, but I am feeling really comfortable each day."

Asked to identify the biggest adjustment from college to the NFL, Knox said: "The playbook. There are a lot more plays, and there's a lot more speed and I have to read coverages on the run, so I'm just trying to learn that."

1st i seen this

47293750.jpg

[h1]Bears OTA[/h1] (Stacey Wescott, Chicago Tribune / June 3, 2009)
Bears running back Matt Forte limps off the field early.

wake up today to this
Originally posted: June 4, 2009
[h1]Matt Forte observes practice but MRI results not known[/h1]
By Vaughn McClure

Bears running back Matt Forte observed Thursday's organized team activities but did not participate, according to an NFL source. Forte was scheduled to undergo an MRI Thursday morning, but the Bears would not confirm that the procedure was performed.

Forte limped off the field following Wednesday's practice, apparently after hearing a pop in his left leg. It was believed to be either a hamstring or calf injury considering that Forte pointed to pain behind his knee.

With Forte sidelined, running back Kevin Jones ran with the first-team offense.

Via his Twitter account, Forte said he would be ``good'' hours after the injury. Offensive coordinator Ron Turner also figured Forte would be fine, although Turner cautioned that the medical staff would make the final determination.

frown.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
hearing a pop of any kind is not good im still hopin its onlytightness of some kind

Originally Posted by jcuk3tm0

good thing its only june 4th
yea thats good and bad

good - he has time to heal

bad - it may be something that pops up thru out the season

this is the very reason i hate that they push them so hard all year around
tired.gif

Bears complete rookie signings

By PFW staff
June 10, 2009

For the second time in four years, the Bears became the first NFL team to sign all of its draft picks Wednesday after signing third-round rookies Jarron Gilbert and Juaquin Iglesias to four-year contracts. Terms of the deals were not disclosed.

Gilbert, the 68th overall pick in this year's draft out of San Jose State, is expected to be quickly worked into the Bears' DT rotation under the guidance of new D-line coach Rod Marinelli. Iglesias, the 99th overall selection out of Oklahoma, has looked good enough so far this offseason to challenge veteran Rashied Davis for the team's No. 3 receiver job this coming season.
The Bears are way ahead of the curve in terms of signing '09 draft picks. Of the 256 players selected in the draft, only 30 have signed with their respective teams.
lets get them rookies to work
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12581741

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Broncos' Marshall misses workout, meets with Bowlen[/h1]
WR's future murky

By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

Wearing a dark T-shirt and dark athletic shorts, Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall walked into Dove Valley headquarters Friday afternoon for a private meeting with team owner Pat Bowlen.

Marshall walked out a little more than an hour later carrying packed boxes to his car before driving away from the players' parking lot without comment, leaving behind this dark possibility: Has he caught his last pass for the Broncos?

Anything must be considered possible in an offseason in which the Broncos have already said goodbye to star quarterback Jay Cutler. Only this time, don't blame new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels if Cutler's former favorite receiver follows him through the exit doors.

While rehabilitating from hip surgery, Marshall
doesn't want to be treated by the Broncos' medical staff if the team won't give him a new contract. Marshall sent that message both through his absence from the start of the Broncos' mandatory minicamp Friday morning and presumably during his audience with Bowlen on Friday afternoon.
Bowlen could not be reached for comment. Marshall likely will be fined for each day he does not report to the three-day camp that ends Sunday.

"We'll do what the league rules allow us to do for a player that has missed a mandatory activity," McDaniels said. "The rest of that is really internal. I've spoken to him and his agent, and that's a decision that he's made."

The Broncos went through a similar ordeal earlier this offseason with Cutler. Cutler's dispute was not about money but with McDaniels. Soon after replacing Mike Shanahan as the Broncos' head coach, McDaniels considered a trade that would have made former New England quarterback Matt Cassel the new offensive leader in Denver.

Cutler was eventually traded, along with a fifth-round pick, to the Chicago Bears in exchange for quarterback Kyle Orton, two first-round picks and a third-round pick.

Marshall's beef is primarily about his contract. Because he wasn't selected until the
fourth round in the 2006 draft, Marshall was essentially slotted into a contract that paid him a relatively modest $1.5 million in combined salary and signing bonus through his first three seasons.
Thanks to a Pro Bowl incentive in that contract, Marshall's fourth-year salary for 2009 did escalate to $2.198 million. However, Marshall believes he is getting paid fourth-round money for a player who has delivered the production of a top-10 overall draft pick. He has averaged 103 catches, 1,295 yards and 6 1/2 touchdowns the past two seasons.

Based on an NFL salary database compiled by USA Today last season, 58 receivers made more than $2.2 million last season.

Marshall also has cited a lack of trust in the team's medical care as a reason for not wanting to rehab at team headquarters. Before failing to report for the mandatory offseason practice session Friday, Marshall had skipped the previous three weeks of "voluntary" workouts because he wanted to rehab under the care of his personal physicians in Orlando, Fla.

"Of course, we'd love to have him here," said Chris Simms, who is competing with Orton for the Broncos' starting quarterback job. "He's very talented, and he's going to make our team better and he's a good guy. We love having him around. But at the same time, it's the NFL, it's a business. There's a lot of things that go into decisions like this, so you've got to respect his decision and we'll continue to work here."

The Broncos have not yet indicated a willingness to make a long-term investment in Marshall. The team might want to first see how he recovers from his hip surgery. Marshall also has been involved in numerous off-field legal issues - enough to where one more infraction could leave him vulnerable to a long-term suspension under the league's personal conduct policy.

Marshall is not expected to report today or Sunday, which would make training camp in late July the next step in his protest. A Broncos player has not held out from training camp since receiver Ashley Lelie in 2006. Lelie eventually was traded to San Francisco, a move that helped clear playing time for a rookie named Brandon Marshall.

"It's something we're going to handle and take care of it in-house," McDaniels said. "I've been through a number of these situations. Whether it does or doesn't get fixed, that's something that's going to play out in the future. But we're going to coach the guys that are here the best we can. When he's ready to go and we get him out here, we'll get him out here."

Cutler to Marshall Pt. II? DO IT JERRY!

Jay to Devin/Olsen
pimp.gif

Also Bears LBs FTW
pimp.gif

and i also say we should go after Plax. I mean if he is able to play its such a great addition. He is SUCH a talented reciever and exactly the kind of guy youwant lined opposite of hester because his big body and possesion reciever kind of ways perfectly compliment Hester's blazing speed... God damn the Bearspassing game if we could add a legit #1 WR
eek.gif
smokin.gif

but who knows maybe Hester will become one, than wed just need to find a good #2... and i love Rashied Davis in the slot.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Jay to Devin/Olsen
pimp.gif

Also Bears LBs FTW
pimp.gif

and i also say we should go after Plax. I mean if he is able to play its such a great addition. He is SUCH a talented reciever and exactly the kind of guy you want lined opposite of hester because his big body and possesion reciever kind of ways perfectly compliment Hester's blazing speed... God damn the Bears passing game if we could add a legit #1 WR
eek.gif
smokin.gif

but who knows maybe Hester will become one, than wed just need to find a good #2... and i love Rashied Davis in the slot.
nerd.gif
davis gone have to fight hard for that i heard the rookie been doing big things (cant think of his name right now )

Originally posted: June 16, 2009
[h1]Brandon Marshall's agent confirms trade request[/h1]
The agent for disgruntled Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall confirmed to ESPN and a Denver TV station that a trade request was made last week in a face-to-face meeting with owner Pat Bowlen.

"There was a meeting with Mr. Bowlen and Brandon did ask to be traded,'' Kennard McGuire said. "He was told by ownership that the team would do everything in its power to accommodate those wishes. We do feel that a change of scenery is not only important but necessary."

Marshall's history with Jay Cutler creates speculation that the Bears would be a natural trade partner, but general manager Jerry Angelo already gave up two first-round draft picks to get Cutler. It also remains unclear what Denver's asking price would be. Adam Schefter of ESPN doubted whether Denver ultimately would trade Marshall in an interview Tuesday on ESPN1000.

Marshall wants to renegotiate a contract that has one year remaining and is unhappy enough that he has stayed away from Denver's off-season workouts as he rehabilitates after hip surgery. He is expected to make a full recovery and, depending on the state of the NFL's collective bargaining agreement, could become an unrestricted free-agent as early as 2010.

Even if the Broncos indeed dangled Marshall to a team in need of a big-play wide receiver such as the Bears, besides compensation, the franchise would have to decide whether it wants to welcome a player who has been involved in 13 police incidents since 2004, according to the Denver Post.

The Bears will be on the field for organized team activities Wednesday when Lovie Smith will address the media for the first time since last month and the final scheduled time until training camp opens July 31.

make it happen
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Chemistry key subject on Jay Cutler's rapport card[/h1] [h3]BEARS | Team is doing its best to get Cutler familiar with targets[/h3]
Comments

June 15, 2009

BY MIKE MULLIGAN [email protected]

There's no way for the Bears to simulate game conditions in offseason practices.

Nonetheless, the team is doing what it can to hasten a rapport between Jay Cutler and his assortment of offensive weapons.

» Click to enlarge image
[img]http://media1.suntimes.com/mul...0614_23_37_06_2376-116-165.imageContent[/img]
Tight end Greg Olsen (left) will have a key role and catch plenty of passes from quarterback Jay Cutler this season.
(AP)

Offensive coordinator Ron Turner says at least two of the Bears' top four receivers are on the field every time Cutler throws a pass. One or both of the tight-end tandem of Greg Olsen and Desmond Clark also must be on the field when Cutler throws. Ideally, one of the two running backs, Matt Forte or Kevin Jones, also must be on the field. With Forte sidelined by a hamstring injury, Garrett Wolfe has gotten more chances, although most of his opportunities with Cutler are limited to third-down specialty plays.

Top receiver Devin Hester doesn't catch a pass from any quarterback other than Cutler.

''Every snap [in the offseason] is about developing that chemistry,'' Turner said. ''It's just a matter of those guys trying to establish their relationship on the field. It takes time to get on the same page. It's a process.''

The process of Cutler and his receivers learning each other isn't going to be completed in organized team activities, training camp or exhibition games. It's going to be a work in progress all season long. If the Bears add another weapon to their attack -- the dream is that former New York Giants star Plaxico Burress eventually will be in the fold -- the process will extend well into the season.

Burress has a court date today in New York on a gun charge that the Bears will be closely monitoring. A continuance is expected to be granted, which would push the next court date to September. A two-month jail sentence was rumored to be on the table, with Burress trying to put things off until the end of the season to postpone jail and a possible suspension from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

The Bears, New York Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers are interested in adding Burress once his status is clarified. Will he land in Chicago? Cutler hopes so, but don't hold your breath. Burress might not be available until midseason, if at all.

Big year ahead for Olsen

Olsen seems to have established himself as a favorite target and the top secondary option. If anyone is taking odds on Pro Bowl berths, bet on Olsen. He's going to have a key role and will catch a ton of passes.

''He's a very good receiver, but he's a good tight end, too,'' Turner said when asked if Olsen can fill the role that Muhsin Muhammad was supposed to play. ''Greg has worked hard on his blocking. But he can be a receiver, too, no question about it. We're seeing the evolution of Greg in his third year.''

Hester, as the deep threat, will be relied upon to produce big plays. Cutler definitely can throw the deep ball. The plan is to use Hester as a receiver and punt returner, but not on kickoffs. Don't be surprised if Hester's punt returns go down, too.

Turner calls Hester ''an every-down receiver,'' and receivers coach Darryl Drake said that while Hester has only caught passes from Cutler, he has lined up on some running plays with backup quarterbacks because the team wants to make sure he's familiar with every play.

''I still have the punt returns right now,'' Hester said. ''The rookies we brought in hopefully can make some plays and give me a break here and there. You never see a guy in the NFL doing all the returns after you roll into the No. 1 receiver job. You have to have some juice for the deep ball.''

An improved Bennett

If there has been a breakthrough player in the offseason, it has been wide receiver Earl Bennett, a teammate of Cutler's at Vanderbilt who did nothing as a rookie third-round pick last year. His understanding with Cutler is obvious, but Turner points out that his maturity came before Cutler's arrival.

''We had our minicamp early this year before trading for Jay, and all the coaches talked about how good Earl looked and how comfortable and confident he looked,'' Turner said. ''Toward the end of last year you could see that, and getting Jay in here with him made it even more so because he's so comfortable with Jay. Earl is playing really well, and we're excited about it.''

Fifth-round draft pick Johnny Knox looks like he'll contribute immediately. He has world-class speed and has caught everything thrown his way. He could wind up having a significantly better season than third-round pick Juaquin Iglesias.

''He's not going to be held back from playing because of not grasping [the playbook],'' Turner said. ''We'll call what he knows when he's in there if he continues to play as he has.''

Whoever fits best with Cutler gets to play.

this kid johnny knox must be killin it if there talkin like

this i knew Rashied Davis was gone have to fight for the slot but umm the fight maybe over already
laugh.gif

i look at it like this
as far as WR RIGHT NOW
hester #1
Bennett #2
Olsen #3(even if he is a TE he will line up as a WR if we put 3 WR's out there most likely)
Knox #4

but thats my right now list mini camp hasnt even started yet so anything can change
pimp.gif

I keep hearing great things out of these workouts. I cannot wait to see it against some real competition when it means something. We were hearing all this samestuff about Kyle and Rex every year, I just hope the talk is real this time.

[h3]Bears looking deep for WR help?[/h3]Although the Chicago Bears have not given any indication that they are interested whatsoever, Peter Warrick has told The Chicago Tribune that he'd love to join the team. Warrick has opined that he would be the "fourth receiver" on the team right now, according to Kenton Carr, his coach on the Indoor Football League's Bloomington Extreme.
The Tribune posed an informal poll question within the article as to whether the Bears should go after Warrick, and as of Sunday morning, "Sure, why not" was leading "No way dude" by a healthy margin. It is uncertain whether Bears GM Jerry Angelo usually takes his roster advice from polls on the Internet, but if he does, this is promising news for Warrick.

PDub was probably one of the greatest CFB players I've ever witnessed, but this is more than desperate. I mean he's not even in theAFL or CFL.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Bears tailgaters may pay 50% more to park[/h1]
Comments

June 22, 2009

Sun-Times News Group

The cost of thousands of parking spots near Soldier Field will spike nearly 50 percent for Bears games this fall.

A lot beneath McCormick Place Lakeside Center and another at 31st Street and S. Moe Drive will cost $25, up from $17 last season. RV drivers must pay $50, up from $34.

The steep increase covers "the cost of security, portable toilet facility rental, shuttle buses, cleaning and parking taxes,'' said Mary Kay Marquisos, spokeswoman for the Metropolitan Pier & Exposition Authority, which controls the lots.

Both lots have about 2,000 spaces each.

The 31st Street lot is favored by diehard tailgaters because it is cheaper and has far fewer restrictions than lots closer to the stadium that are controlled by the Bears and Park District. Those lots, which cost $45, will not go up in price, although a few "premium" spots have increased from $100 to $101 per game. RVs pay $120.

The 31st Street lot, which is just West of Lake Shore Drive and offers a free shuttle ride to the game, often fills up by 8 a.m. on game days. For the first time this fall, 400 spots will be available for advance purchase at the cost of $265 for 10 games -- eight regular season and two preseason. However, fans who want to tailgate with a grill or firepit will still have to show up early because the overflow parkers will be sent to the underground lot, where fires aren't allowed.

Contrary to some fears expressed by Bears fans in online chat rooms, officials said fans at 31st Street will still be able to partake of some activities forbidden in other lots: Fans can still erect canopies and tailgate during games -- a practice banned last year by the park district and Bears in the lots closer to Soldier Field. And the McCormick lots will still open at 5 a.m.; the closer lots don't open until four hours before kick-off.

Despite the looser rules than those at the Bears and Park District-run lots, Marquisos said "we did not have any major security incidents" at the parking lots last year.

Unlike last year, there will be no parking or tailgating on the campus of Michael Reese Hospital. The hospital's ownership is in question, making it too difficult to include in Bears parking plans, said Luca Serra, spokesman for Soldier Field.

smh.gif

So I tried getting Bears tickets, and I'll be damned if they're all gone already. People are already asking $140 for $70 seats........

If anyone ever comes across some, holla at me.

Back
Top Bottom