ZOOM SPIRIDONS SUMMER 2016

Nike put the premium insoles back in the all black spiridon OG build. But I prefer the thin cheap insoles they put in the summer pack.
laugh.gif
Sarcasm? Haha. Any difference in comfort? About to snag my first pair, OG build summer pack. 

Sarcasm? Haha. Any difference in comfort? About to snag my first pair, OG build summer pack. 

No Sarcasm. The premium insoles are too thick for my arches and I dont like them in the spiridon and they lift my foot too high. I know it sounds ludicrous, but the spiridon feels great to me with thin insoles.

A bunch of people prefer the thick insoles though, so it will be your preference, but the summer pack Light Ash pair is one of my favorite shoes comfort and responsiveness wise.

Last edited:
I wear a 9 in Air Max's  and a 10 in Huarache trainer but a 9.5 in everything else (Jordan, Hoop shoes, KD's, etc...) Would you guys recommend me going with a 9.5 or 9??? I can't seem to find these in stores for me to try on.  

I wear a 9 in Air Max's  and a 10 in Huarache trainer but a 9.5 in everything else (Jordan, Hoop shoes, KD's, etc...) Would you guys recommend me going with a 9.5 or 9??? I can't seem to find these in stores for me to try on.  

OG or ultra?

KilroyIverson21 KilroyIverson21 ultras are a modern build with updated materials and a cored out sole. they seem to run about a half size bigger than the OGs.

as far as what size you should get, i think you should order a pair off NDC since they offer free shipping and returns for nike+ members.

you can def go a half sz down in ultras, some can even do a full sz down whereas the OG build fits more tts even half sz small in some cases

confused yet? thats nike sizing for you

Hey fellas, question for you owners of the older models. Do the midsoles tend to break/ wear down over time? I know I've heard of some of the pods falling off, but has anyone has the midsole crumble off an old pair?

Sometimes I see images of dudes rockin their 99 pair so I was just curious.

Hey fellas, question for you owners of the older models. Do the midsoles tend to break/ wear down over time? I know I've heard of some of the pods falling off, but has anyone has the midsole crumble off an old pair?

SEARCH THE THREAD!!!

JK.

I'm also curious about the midsoles since I stupidly ditched both my OGs back in 98 or so. But after doubling up on several OG builds last year, I'd love to know how to best extend the life of what I have and will get in the future. 

Last edited:
I'm late to this party. Normally I don't go in for ultra versions of old classics. Wanted the Nikelab release but not at the prices they are going for. So I ignored the ultras for months. But a week and a half ago, picked up the silver/desert red ultras on a whim for $90 during a Shoe Palace sale, as I had a store credit. Wore them a week straight, and damn I am impressed. One of the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. Love everything about them. So much so, I bought two more pairs from Finishline's site, on sale for $82 each, then applied a $15-off-$150 code. These just became my everyday shoe for the foreseeable future--I'm going to burn these into the ground. Glad I randomly grabbed some, I never would've believed they were so nice otherwise. 

SEARCH THE THREAD!!!

JK.

I'm also curious about the midsoles since I stupidly ditched both my OGs back in 98 or so. But after doubling up on several OG builds last year, I'd love to know how to best extend the life of what I have and will get in the future. 

From what I have seen on other shoes, the zoom bags inside the midsole might crack and deteriorate leaving them bottoming out. The midsole is phylon, and I have never known that to crumble like a polyurethane sole does. Also, as with a bunch of old shoes, the glue starts to break down and you start to have separation of the midsoles and especially the pods. I imagine the pods(rubber outsole wrap is a better description) can be reglued, as I am facing that same situation on my 2005 pair.

From what I have seen on other shoes, the zoom bags inside the midsole might crack and deteriorate leaving them bottoming out. The midsole is phylon, and I have never known that to crumble like a polyurethane sole does. Also, as with a bunch of old shoes, the glue starts to break down and you start to have separation of the midsoles and especially the pods. I imagine the pods(rubber outsole wrap is a better description) can be reglued, as I am facing that same situation on my 2005 pair.

That makes sense. Time will always hurt sneakers.

Last edited:
Can't remember these crumbling or separating.

Could be wrong though, my memory isn't what it used to be.

But as it's been said, the pods tend to come off after time and wear.

Dang I just sold my ds olympics for just shy of 450 lol.. maybe I'll look for another pair now :lol:

That's a steal on those Olympics.

Notre screwed up my order and my size is gone now so that sucks. If anyone out there ordered the Turbo Green in a 13 but received the Navy's, get at me [emoji]128514[/emoji]

i’d kill to grab the olympics for less than 225. don’t see any one time wears up for grabs.

Back
Top Bottom