ZOOM SPIRIDONS SUMMER 2016

@mriloveshoes21 ultras are a modern build with updated materials and a cored out sole. they seem to run about a half size bigger than the OGs.

as far as what size you should get, i think you should order a pair off NDC since they offer free shipping and returns for nike+ members.
Appreciate it bro...so the ones that are out in stores are the ultra?  There's no retro that is considered closer to the OG that you guys are talking about???

you can def go a half sz down in ultras, some can even do a full sz down whereas the OG build fits more tts even half sz small in some cases

confused yet? thats nike sizing for you
Lol...sometimes Nike sizing makes me legitimately question if I know my actual size.  

Appreciate it bro...so the ones that are out in stores are the ultra?  There's no retro that is considered closer to the OG that you guys are talking about???

I might have gotten a few things wrong, let me know so I can fix.

These are the OGs from 97

View media item 2480096
View media item 2480098

Nike retro'd them in 05 alongside AF1s and the Zoom Don bball shoes but I don’t consider those to be applicable to this list. 

was this one released in 97 or 05?

View media item 2480104

same goes for this one.

View media item 2480229

View media item 2480103

not sure if this one was an OG women's colorway or a retro.

View media item 2480241

same for this one.

View media item 2480243

Courir in France had these Tuxedos done up in 06. S/O to [@=https://niketalk.com/members/132001"media, 2480168"][/GALLERY]
[/URL]

Some more samples from '06 that all originated in France, I think. Not sure what the top sample was called but the black/gold were Opiums.

View media item 2480226
View media item 2480227

Another sample with what looks like grey patent leather, so could have been from '06 too.

View media item 2480255

And these are all OG build from 2016-current starting with Lab retro

View media item 2480265

Couple more Labs

View media item 2480139
View media item 2480140

Another Lab release in collaboration with Roundel that was exclusive to the UK.

View media item 2480120

Global release of the Lab x Roundel

View media item 2480121

Olympics Lab release 

View media item 2480106

Closest to a GR of the Opiums we'll ever see. 

View media item 2480110

SS17 pack 

View media item 2480112
View media item 2480114
View media item 2480115

GRs

View media item 2480116
View media item 2480119
View media item 2480123

This one was teased by Stash last August or so but no word on whether it’ll be released

View media item 2480141

And these are the ultras

View media item 2480127
View media item 2480128
View media item 2480129
View media item 2480131
View media item 2480132
View media item 2480133
View media item 2480134
View media item 2480137
View media item 2486011

The easiest way to spot the diff between OG build and Ultra is a quick look at the midsole. OGs have a lot of swirls and texture, while the Ultras are smooth and more bulbous looking.

Last edited:
mrphist mrphist all i can say is that i grabbed both the red/black and purple dons at a ross a few blocks away from HQ. no idea when the blue/yellow joints dropped since i never saw them at ross!

@Mrphist all i can say is that i grabbed both the red/black and purple dons at a ross a few blocks away from HQ. no idea when the blue/yellow joints dropped since i never saw them at ross!
Gotchu.

Haha thats sick! Ross pick ups on these

Also @rogue5

What about these "tuxedo" dons? Never been a mad fan of patent/shiny leather but it works well on these:

Last edited:
updated my previous post with all samples, colorways, OG, ultra, etc.

Last edited:
@Mrphist the hunt is on
Even after decades as a shoe geek, which means I shouldn't be surprised, I still find amusement in things like this. Wow, a black and white shoe with patent leather. How inspired. As with a lot of these limited edition/collabs, if the shoe was a GR, it would eventually be on a truck to everyone's local outlet. Between stuff like this and those Virgil Abloh Jordan 1s that apparently qualify as fine art because some guy scribbled on them with a Sharpie, I'm starting to think I should've been my own high-fashion brand/"groundbreaking" artist. Maybe I've finally just become very old 
laugh.gif

rainking rainking spiridons have and always will be my favorite silhouette, so what's the problem with wanting every variant? this is one of maybe two colorways that released in a patent leather.

View media item 2480570

Lol sorry dude, I wasn't actually bagging on you or that colorway. More that I chuckle when limited collabs just look like any plain Jane basic colorway. That was the extent of it. Got lost in translation.

Back
Top Bottom