Zoom Kobe 8 system NikeID thread ***NO SET DATE (yet) WHEN THESE WILL BE TAKEN DOWN***

I was able to get a return label via chat. Probably would be easier to return at an outlet to get a refund on the spot but I felt lazy >D

Sk33terMcG33, They are going to turn out great. Did you have a coupon code to use on them?

Negative homie. But my tax return came in last week so I thought I'd treat myself lol.

All these iD's is making me want to make a few pairs. I've been contemplating selling a few pairs of my J's. I've been rocking Kobe's more since they came out.

I think it's safe to assume that the new uppers will look like these... Pic is from instagram credits to the original uploader tk7live

Just tryna imagine how my ordered design will look like. I know you're great doing PSed kobes thapointguy.. Could you work with some PS with the pic?

Anyone think that the kobe logo on the tongue could be painted over? I'm thinking of making a all blue pair and painting the logo red to match the color blocking of the kobe 6 east la.

From that there's probably going to be a lot of grey on the black upper. Hoping that I'm not disappointed with the iD I ordered.

From that there's probably going to be a lot of grey on the black upper. Hoping that I'm not disappointed with the iD I ordered.
your probably right... good thing I decided to go with platinum upper hope they come out good and yours aswell

I remember the color description from the blue corals had blitz blue, squadron blue, and chilling red so probably isnt the same shade of blues ^

So I had posted pics of my orthotic inserts I had purchased but never really gave a review on them. That's because I was waiting for my new custom orthos to come in and after breaking them in for a week gradually I played in them this morning. Here are my thoughts:

View media item 407015
- the insert is pretty thin and I believe made out of phylon l, which would be different from the lunarlon and cushlon/forefoot-heel zoom setups I had previously hooped in. The ortho insert also has a thin heel zoom bag that can surprisingly be felt instantly whereas the insert that comes with elites took a little more time to feel even tho it is bigger

View media item 407014
- for anyone with orthos, you know that once broken in these become more comfortable than the most comfortable shoe you've ever worn because, in essence, they make all shoes level from a comfort standpoint. The ortho is molded to your foot so when you put them on a new shoe it's like they've already been broken into except if there's a zoom or cushioning setup, however there are no break in pains. With the 8s, the ortho insert and the ortho on top of it still provided a roomy feel, so when playing in my superheroes, it was nice to have that dynamic fly wire to lock down the forefoot, the area with the most room in the shoe with orthos in. After a tight lacing, these were money.

View media item 407013
I recommend anyone with orthotics to go the ortho insert route with their next iD purchase, it is a great feature for the 8. That was another gripe with the VIIs, there was simply no way to out your ortho in those without feeling like they were crushing your feet. Nike did it right with the 8s, kinda sucks we can't order just the I sett anymore tho...

Hope this helps someone out there lol! Mind the errors, I did this on my phone while waiting at the airport haha.

+1 for the review man.  I don't really know what I'm waiting on in terms of getting orthos, I think I'm just too hooked on lunarlon right now as the 8s are my first lunar shoe.  Plus having multiple pairs makes it too easy to swap midsoles in and out for a fresh one haha.  Only a matter of time until they're all bottomed out I suppose.

Haha I hear you. I actually ended up getting foot problems from lunar because my feet were so flat and there's no rigidity to the lunar. While it felt great when playing, over time I developed a stress fracture on the top of my right foot so I had to stick to solely orthos. When just shooting around I will use the lunars but games and pickup I can't anymore, kinda sad but gotta take care of these dogs haha. Definitely a needed investment on my part...

I recommend anyone with orthotics to go the ortho insert route with their next iD purchase, it is a great feature for the 8. That was another gripe with the VIIs, there was simply no way to out your ortho in those without feeling like they were crushing your feet. Nike did it right with the 8s, kinda sucks we can't order just the I sett anymore tho...

Hope this helps someone out there lol! Mind the errors, I did this on my phone while waiting at the airport haha.

isn't the phylon option the same as the ortho insert (just w/out the phylon insole) also price wise?
couldn't you take the phylon insole and have a spare pair of phylon insoles to sell or use on another pair?

Does anyone have sample pics of the new options? I'm ready to pull the trigger on 2 pairs, but I wanna see the samples first.

Those aren't IDs.

When I say samples, I mean like the ones they have at NTs. Like these:

28b83c6f_IMG_1804.jpeg

Now please, sit down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom