• V

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • VI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VII

• Total voters
IMO the leather isn't anything special other than the scale pattern. It's just a lot better than what they use these days.

Yeah I meant that it's pretty similar in quality to the original ZK1's aside from the scales. But that is far ahead of the leather they use on their stuff now.

What was once standard is now "premium"

It's still nice to see though.

Last edited:
Yeah I meant that it's pretty similar in quality to the original ZK1's aside from the scales. But that is far ahead of the leather they use on their stuff now.

What was once standard is now "premium"

It's still nice to see though.

Yea that's a fair statement. I agree with that.

I dont see how the quality of leather (Prelude I) is any differ than other high end Nike release...Its just the design and pattern that is the key...

Last edited:
Nike has been using poor quality for sooo long that whenever they use good quality materials, we take it as out of the ordinary and a reason for the price hike.

Its sad really, they have set the illusion of giving us poor quality materials as the norm and wheever they present a good quality material, we are even more prone to buying overpriced products.

They should be using great materials all the time! Oh nike, how smart you are.

Nike has been using poor quality for sooo long that whenever they use good quality materials, we take it as out of the ordinary and a reason for the price hike.

Its sad really, they have set the illusion of giving us poor quality materials as the norm and wheever they present a good quality material, we are even more prone to buying overpriced products.

They should be using great materials all the time! Oh nike, how smart you are.

You're right. They should always use quality materials. But people buy it so Nike couldn't care less.

And nike started to careless around year 2006, they realized their products were gaining popularity my the MASSES. With that said, it allowed them to use poor materials and get away with it. Pre 2006 everyone product was equipped with top quality!

They've been going cheap before 06. Ever compared a pair of OG black and red 12s to the first retro? I can name many more but those were the first shoes that came to mind. It just wasn't as blatant as it is now. Now they just don't care at all.

The first shoe I could remember that had really poor materials were the "Mars" IVs and the Militarys. I think it was 2005 or 2006?

Man, those would crease after one wear. Leather was paper thin. Those shoes legimately ruined those colorways. Thats why I had to pass when they dropped last year

good job NIKE keep up the good work!!!!! keep dropping exclusive, qs, hot shoes every other week so resellers can go broke buying shoes and sit on em........its cool to double your money off shoes but to triple your $$$ is bs......i think were all starting to realize that ....on to the next shoe LOL resellers the shoe game is gonna get back on track!!!!!!

good job NIKE keep up the good work!!!!! keep dropping exclusive, qs, hot shoes every other week so resellers can go broke buying shoes and sit on em........its cool to double your money off shoes but to triple your $$$ is bs......i think were all starting to realize that ....on to the next shoe LOL resellers the shoe game is gonna get back on track!!!!!!
you know how i know you just stared collecting sneakers?

back on track? resellers have always existed. and it used to be 10x worst. in the early 2000s, SBs DOMINATED. You had pairs that retailed at around $100 that were being sold for $400+.

Reselling is nothing new. People act like it is. There is nothing wrong with reselling pairs to make some extra cash or to make yours free. The real problem is the people who actually buy them. and who are willing to pay the resale price. they drive up the prices because resellers know they can get away with it. 

all im saying is they didnt use to try and sell them 4x or 5x the retail price.....that ish getting old and people are getting fed up with it and moving on to the next hot shoes which nike is helping the shoe game by dropping exclusives limited qs shoes every other week

Resellers have nothing to do with the after market price. They can post em for whatever crazy amount they want. It's the buyers who dictate how much resellers can get. Believe me, if a shoe isn't moving they will lower their price. Resellers aren't collectors. They're trying to move pairs, not sit on them.

all im saying is they didnt use to try and sell them 4x or 5x the retail price.....that ish getting old and people are getting fed up with it and moving on to the next hot shoes which nike is helping the shoe game by dropping exclusives limited qs shoes every other week

What your saying is the same as the post earlier....Resellers use to flip ot for 4-5x the retail price...example...Tiffanys dunk ...MSRP on Dunks were $65? Resellers sold them for $300-$400? Grapes back in 06' MSRP was $160? sold for $400+ easily...

I dont ever recall that many resellers back in the late 90's and and early 2000's tho...especially when Royal blue, Silver, Navy and Bred ones drop back in 2001...even further back with my first J purchase...XIII Playoffs 97'...

What your saying is the same as the post earlier....Resellers use to flip ot for 4-5x the retail price...example...Tiffanys dunk ...MSRP on Dunks were $65? Resellers sold them for $300-$400? Grapes back in 06' MSRP was $160? sold for $400+ easily...

I dont ever recall that many resellers back in the late 90's and and early 2000's tho...especially when Royal blue, Silver, Navy and Bred ones drop back in 2001...even further back with my first J purchase...XIII Playoffs 97'...

Yeah I didn't mean the # of resellers but the return on investment of te shoes was much greater. The ROI now on Jordan's is nowhere near what the ROI on dunks used to be

Back
Top Bottom