• V

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • VI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VII

• Total voters
Yeah I didn't mean the # of resellers but the return on investment of te shoes was much greater. The ROI now on Jordan's is nowhere near what the ROI on dunks used to be

The early 2000's Dunk hype is no where near Jordans, Kobes etc...Dunks were much more limited and much more in demand...it was the sellers market...people will buy regardless of price...

Once they sold out....they will never restock or retro for sure....except for those recent shanghai dunks which was only a Asia release...

The early 2000's Dunk hype is no where near Jordans, Kobes etc...Dunks were much more limited and much more in demand...it was the sellers market...people will buy regardless of price...

Once they sold out....they will never restock or retro for sure....except for those recent shanghai dunks which was only a Asia release...
Yeah were essentially agreeing on the same thing. 

you get what, on average $75 profit on the standard GR jordan release.

you literally made hundreds on every single sb that dropped during that era. that was the golden age. collabs. no whoring out colorways. and just now are SBs starting to come back to a higher level of creatviity 

Yeah were essentially agreeing on the same thing. 

you get what, on average $75 profit on the standard GR jordan release.

you literally made hundreds on every single sb that dropped during that era. that was the golden age. collabs. no whoring out colorways. and just now are SBs starting to come back to a higher level of creatviity 

GR Jordan Release vs a GR SB dunk release.....SB wins...examples: Bandaids, Jordans, etc.....SB GR sold for 5x the amount lol...how I miss those good old days with the SB hype...
I still feel SB have fell off and their creativity level is garbage...Send helps 2? Concord dunks? come on....design by a child?

Nice to see someone else who been in the game besides the Jordan frenzy...

Back on topic...

I need those Preludes II...BUTTA ...lmao

Ok guys I'm about to trade my 13 Kobe preludes for a sz12 tomorrow. Just to be sure does the 12 fit like a regular 13 would in other sneakers? I don't want to do a trade and then have the 12 be small and I'm forced to sell the 12 to cop another 13. As I've said these sneakers look huge, do they fit the same?

Ok guys I'm about to trade my 13 Kobe preludes for a sz12 tomorrow. Just to be sure does the 12 fit like a regular 13 would in other sneakers? I don't want to do a trade and then have the 12 be small and I'm forced to sell the 12 to cop another 13. As I've said these sneakers look huge, do they fit the same?

meetup and try them on...lol

I disagree. I think ROI is greater now because of the increased limited releases. Also, GR Dunks have less than half the supply of a GR Jordan.

Last edited:
I honestly think the Vs will be the most sought after. The thirst is real for Vs to this day

My most sought after pairs will be the 4s and 5s but I think the most sought after by the public when it's all said and done will be the 1s, 6s, 8s followed by everything else with the 7s being last but that's IMO

Last edited:
For those that are purchasing these at retail or aftermarket prices (ebay, kickscrew), is anyone buying these to hoop on or just for casual wear. More power to those who pay aftermarket prices and use them to hoop in.

For those that are purchasing these at retail or aftermarket prices (ebay, kickscrew), is anyone buying these to hoop on or just for casual wear. More power to those who pay aftermarket prices and use them to hoop in.
casual.

you know how i know you just stared collecting sneakers?

back on track? resellers have always existed. and it used to be 10x worst. in the early 2000s, SBs DOMINATED. You had pairs that retailed at around $100 that were being sold for $400+.

Reselling is nothing new. People act like it is. There is nothing wrong with reselling pairs to make some extra cash or to make yours free. The real problem is the people who actually buy them. and who are willing to pay the resale price. they drive up the prices because resellers know they can get away with it. 
Damn I remember those days. SB hype has totally fallin off compared to the Orange/Grey boxes.

The older SBs will eventually be retroed IMO. Slam City already has overseas, as well as Shanghais. As soon as the SB hype starts getting built up again (which it has in the last year or two), i can see them retroing the colorways. The only roadblock i can see is getting the people they collaborated with on board

The older SBs will eventually be retroed IMO. Slam City already has overseas, as well as Shanghais. As soon as the SB hype starts getting built up again (which it has in the last year or two), i can see them retroing the colorways. The only roadblock i can see is getting the people they collaborated with on board
imo some things shouldn't be touched. OG sbs are one of those things. Tiffanys will lose their allure if retroed

Medicom, Stash, Futura, Supremes, Forbes etc...Dunks with Collabos will stay in the vault for sure...Only dunks I ever wanted was the Heinkens and Jedi...so feel free to retro those lol

IMO the leather isn't anything special other than the scale pattern.

original.gif

The leather on Prelude 1s are superior to the OGs in every way. Ya'll act llike the leather on Nike products pre- 2010 were handbag quality. :lol: Can we just give Nike props when they drop a quality release without comparing it to something else.

Now, if you didn't cop, I don't blame you for the Salt. :D

original.gif

The leather on Prelude 1s are superior to the OGs in every way. Ya'll act llike the leather on Nike products pre- 2010 were handbag quality. :lol: Can we just give Nike props when they drop a quality release without comparing it to something else.

Now, if you didn't cop, I don't blame you for the Salt. :D
tCp90.gif

OG heads bout to come at your neck :lol:

Just one thing about the comparison of today's hyped release & the good ol' SB days.....

Unless your talking about Supreme (they kept their releases in house)......if you had a Skateboard shop in your area & knew about the release, you could put in the necessary work to get your shoes. Resale market was basically for people that couldn't cop locally or had no access to a Skateboard shop. Basically a secondary option. Now with these Bots & fake me out RSVPs....you don't get the chance to buy the shoes even if they drop in your area. You don't have some form of connect? Your ONLY OPTION is the resellers.

Aaaaaah..... The good Ol' days indeed.

Last edited:
tCp90.gif

OG heads bout to come at your neck :lol:

OG heads can't tell me ****....
I had OGs.

Been doing this longer them some of you cats born dates.

Btw.... I post those pics for a reason. DO YOU NOT SEE THE OGs OR DO YOU THINK THEM JOINTS ON THE RIGHT ARE RETROS TOO?!

Last edited:
Yes can we please stop spewing false information that these OGs were great quality when they were average at best. People think that just because they are older they were automatically good. Aside from the tumbled leather on the medial side of some colorways, the leather was very thin and creased easily. 

I cant wait to be home for break. Gonna brush off my beat *** pair of MPLS Is and rock em once again. 

Back
Top Bottom