Your local U.S. Census Bureau may be hiring. Vol. $

Applied around Dec its about to be March still no response
smh.gif

I just took my test today, got a 93.

Don't worry about them calling you, they start calling in March with the time they really have alot of posititons open is in April.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

I just took my test today, got a 93.

Don't worry about them calling you, they start calling in March with the time they really have alot of posititons open is in April.
There's hope!
eek.gif

yea i hear every state starts their hiring at different times too... in ohio they're still testing and wont start hiring til next month...

Originally Posted by SN3AKERADDiiCT

SoUNDS FUN...ii'M GoNNA LooK iiNTo iiT...
THNX FoR THE iiNFo..

this is not one of those sites where you can type like this

took the test me and my dad passed only missing 2 (out of the 28 asked)

some lady missed 11 and still passed
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thakidfrombk

Your allowed to work up to 40 hrs a week.

They fingerprint and do a background check because its a federal job.

And no they don't drug test.
So it's mandatory to send your fingerprints in?

I couldn't imagine knocking on doors in Pleasant Grove, Oak Cliff, or South Dallas in general talking that census mess lol.

I remember I did this for summer of 06'. They were only paying about $11 to go door to door and collect the census surveys. I hated it! Did it only for two weeks, then got another job as Credit Card Collector for JP Morgan Chase. After I left, they raised the hourly pay by a bit.

Gaseousfas,

Sorry I can't quote I'm on my phone.
Yea its mandatory to send your finger prints in.

If something comes up during your background check the FBI will request that u send in fingerprints.

Or if you get the job they do two sets of finger prints, so either way u gotta give prints lol

I just finished my 4th week working in the office.
I took the test and got a 25 out of 28, and I turned in my DD form 214 which gave me Veterans Preference, and 5 extra points on the test. So my score actually reads 30 out of 28 in the sytem we have. So I got like a 100sumthing Percent.

The job is fun. I like the office atmosphere, and the people are funny too. It reminds me of the show "The Office"

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--My main concern is job security. How do you think this job is with that?
Its basically a temp job. Depending on your assignment it could last a few months or even weeks.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--My main concern is job security. How do you think this job is with that?
NOT GOOD WITH JOB SECURITY, but it looks outstanding on a resume because its federal employment, and I work with some really amazing people (Background wise) so you're network gets better.
All positions are temporary.  The positions that they are mainly hiring for (enumerator) can last up to 4 months depending on the amount of data that needs to be collected. 

ALSO: It seems that the testing phase will be wrapping up in the next few weeks. 

If you are in another area / state call 1 866 861 2010 and enter the zip code of your local area and you'll get the number to call.  

Big hiring comes in March
So make sure all your contact info is up to date.

Back
Top Bottom