YOUNG BUCKS AUCTION:EVERY THING MUST GO

50 is a grimy dude
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

if I was him...I would have shut the F up, recorded music, went on tour and left it alone. NEVER BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU. 

I'm amazed at how many of ya'll have said this...hypothetically speaking, if you supposed to get $20K a show, but you're only gettin $5K...ya'll wouldn't say a word cause $5K is better than nothing?!
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Jesus, I need to be some of ya'll business managers, cause ya'll ain't got NO sort of heart whatsoever. He aint the first dude to get beat out of money, but I've never seen an artist continue to stick around and get took (besides Wayne)
This whole 50/Buck thing has been going on for almost two years and I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING about getting stolen show money. Post some links and proof to this because I have seriously never seen it AND if it's true, he should have definitely handled this situation completely different. Either way, son still failed and messed up BADLY 

if I was him...I would have shut the F up, recorded music, went on tour and left it alone. NEVER BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU. 

I'm amazed at how many of ya'll have said this...hypothetically speaking, if you supposed to get $20K a show, but you're only gettin $5K...ya'll wouldn't say a word cause $5K is better than nothing?!
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Jesus, I need to be some of ya'll business managers, cause ya'll ain't got NO sort of heart whatsoever. He aint the first dude to get beat out of money, but I've never seen an artist continue to stick around and get took (besides Wayne)
This whole 50/Buck thing has been going on for almost two years and I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING about getting stolen show money. Post some links and proof to this because I have seriously never seen it AND if it's true, he should have definitely handled this situation completely different. Either way, son still failed and messed up BADLY 

eek.gif
laugh.gif

I said "hypothetically speaking", not literally...that was just an example. People sayin "dont bite the hand that feeds you", but there's been TONS of artists that have their labels due to not gettin what's rightfully due them, and sometimes they fail, but I could never stay in that situation and continue to get screwed.

eek.gif
laugh.gif

I said "hypothetically speaking", not literally...that was just an example. People sayin "dont bite the hand that feeds you", but there's been TONS of artists that have their labels due to not gettin what's rightfully due them, and sometimes they fail, but I could never stay in that situation and continue to get screwed.

buck was obviously seeing his money

8 mil in 6 years

he didn't do anything to the tune of 8 mil aside from knowing 50

if yall didn't notice, damn near all the plaques listed have 50's name on it

buck was obviously seeing his money

8 mil in 6 years

he didn't do anything to the tune of 8 mil aside from knowing 50

if yall didn't notice, damn near all the plaques listed have 50's name on it

The point is that he made a whole lot more money than the average American, but the average American doesn't get all their #!%% auctioned off by the IRS. He failed. I don't know if he just thought taxes didn't apply to him or just spent too much and was washed up before he planned to be and couldn't put out another album to cover what he owed, or what.

The point is that he made a whole lot more money than the average American, but the average American doesn't get all their #!%% auctioned off by the IRS. He failed. I don't know if he just thought taxes didn't apply to him or just spent too much and was washed up before he planned to be and couldn't put out another album to cover what he owed, or what.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Young Buck was a decent artist but theres no way he deserved anymore from 50.

Even though some of his music is appreciated most of it was trash to the general public. He shoulda learned to step his game up or just play his position.

And yeah 8 mil over the course of 6 years is NOTHING to celebs.
You gotta live up to an image, you cant drive around in 20K cars and you gotta provide for ya boys.

It's unfortunate but thats one the perks of being a celebrity.
that was what probably got him in this mess.
if you got money now everyone was/is your friend
jay_jeep.jpg

I'm sorry, but thinking you have to fulfill an image because of your position would be an individuals first mistake.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Young Buck was a decent artist but theres no way he deserved anymore from 50.

Even though some of his music is appreciated most of it was trash to the general public. He shoulda learned to step his game up or just play his position.

And yeah 8 mil over the course of 6 years is NOTHING to celebs.
You gotta live up to an image, you cant drive around in 20K cars and you gotta provide for ya boys.

It's unfortunate but thats one the perks of being a celebrity.
that was what probably got him in this mess.
if you got money now everyone was/is your friend
jay_jeep.jpg

I'm sorry, but thinking you have to fulfill an image because of your position would be an individuals first mistake.

Essential1 wrote:
At the end of the day... We all know this....... Anyone who has ever made music or dealt with anyone in music.... One of the first rules you learn is music is a BUSINESS....Hence why it is called the Music Business, Show Business, Music Industry..

It is Young Buck's fault, and his alone... For thinking people would wipe his @#@ for him...

No one put the gun to Buck's head telling him to buy expensive cars, expensive house, jewelry, none of it.

You are in charge of the money you make (knowing how much you make, how much you need to pay in taxes, how much your bills cost, and how much you spend)

Any simpleton knows how to count and know to spend less money than you earn, and put a percentage in the bank.

You can't feel sorry for a guy who has no idea how the music business works, when he wants to be a part of the music business.

Of course he got beat out of some money.. Every artist does.. Including 50... If it was such a big problem when he was boohooing on the phone with 50, he would have said where he thought he was owed....

Especially when you talk ill of the person who holds the contract you are obligated to fulfill.. What idiot does that? Especially when you know you are not the biggest cash cow in your company.

If I still make $8mil in revenue in 6 years... The government takes 35% (we all know the government takes taxes, except Young Buck who doesn't pay them)... I am left with $5mil in 6 years... That is still enough to be a "baller" and save your money..

Your taxes are what you make in the year... Should be the first money you set aside... Then bills, then save some.. Whatever is left over is what you spend on yourself..

It is called being a grown up...Knowing your responsibility, knowing your debts, and knowing what is going on in YOUR business.

It's admirable that he wanted to help the people around him succeed when he made it on... But you also need to realize your money is a limited commodity, and you must sacrifice what you get if you want to help others around you...

We can make excuses about shows, advances, albums, downloading, the IRS.. But there have been hundreds of example before Buck that we were well aware of... Why wasn't he?

People who don't understand business FTL.

Man, nobody making that much money is in control of their own money. YES, it IS his money, but who do you know that makes millions and actually takes care of their own finances?!

...and like I said, he's not the first star that has had somebody drop the ball. Countless people have. There's been tons of times where the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. Hell, here in Indianapolis, they closed all the Popeye's chicken restaurants because they owed $175K in back taxes...closed 'em all last month.

We @ NT have ALWAYS played this "holier-than-thou" role, and have always felt like telling people what to do with their money, or how to budget it/spend it, and 9/10, they don't even have their %*%* together.

Do I feel sorry for him? No...hell, I dont even know him. Even now, he's prob.got more than I've got! But, I dont make it my business to kick people while they're down, and ya'll seem to thrive off that and negativity as a whole.

Long story short: "Judge not lest ye be judged"

- most of the time i agree with you, but this time you cant be more wrong.

- one celebrity i know of for sure that writes his own checks is Bill Cosby. he speaks on it frequently and encourages other celebs to do the same. and this is coming from someone that absolutely HATES the man, but i have heard him say this numerous times.

...."thrown under the bus"? <-- an expression hardly ever used properly.

....."Judge not lest ye be judged"? <-- no one's judging him. why? because by his own admission he wasnt paying any attention. every comment in here just echoes his own admitted stupidity. what you probably mean is hindsight is 20/20.

......"Countless people have" <-- [Jay-Z voice] and-uh? [\ Jay-Z]  how is this an excuse or explaination? it should used as more reason to scrutinize them and their behavior so it's not repeated. i mean by the "Countless people have" logic no one should say a word and let the mistakes keep repeating themselves  

Originally Posted by likethematrix

and LMAO@thinking old schools cost 30k. cats spend 30k on just the paint, wheels and interior bro.

-
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
  should have stopped while you (thought) you were ahead. that figure can depend on a million different things. ftr, you can EASILY crush all old school competition in town on 30K if you use it right.

"oh no 50, im not going to buy any jewelry. even though our image is that we're rich and live a nice life, im gonna get a modest house and drive a camry even though i been broke all my life and never had nothing"

....and thats EXACTLY what i'd have done. i dont care what i grew up having, its all about education on finances and wealth, not the background.

Essential1 wrote:
At the end of the day... We all know this....... Anyone who has ever made music or dealt with anyone in music.... One of the first rules you learn is music is a BUSINESS....Hence why it is called the Music Business, Show Business, Music Industry..

It is Young Buck's fault, and his alone... For thinking people would wipe his @#@ for him...

No one put the gun to Buck's head telling him to buy expensive cars, expensive house, jewelry, none of it.

You are in charge of the money you make (knowing how much you make, how much you need to pay in taxes, how much your bills cost, and how much you spend)

Any simpleton knows how to count and know to spend less money than you earn, and put a percentage in the bank.

You can't feel sorry for a guy who has no idea how the music business works, when he wants to be a part of the music business.

Of course he got beat out of some money.. Every artist does.. Including 50... If it was such a big problem when he was boohooing on the phone with 50, he would have said where he thought he was owed....

Especially when you talk ill of the person who holds the contract you are obligated to fulfill.. What idiot does that? Especially when you know you are not the biggest cash cow in your company.

If I still make $8mil in revenue in 6 years... The government takes 35% (we all know the government takes taxes, except Young Buck who doesn't pay them)... I am left with $5mil in 6 years... That is still enough to be a "baller" and save your money..

Your taxes are what you make in the year... Should be the first money you set aside... Then bills, then save some.. Whatever is left over is what you spend on yourself..

It is called being a grown up...Knowing your responsibility, knowing your debts, and knowing what is going on in YOUR business.

It's admirable that he wanted to help the people around him succeed when he made it on... But you also need to realize your money is a limited commodity, and you must sacrifice what you get if you want to help others around you...

We can make excuses about shows, advances, albums, downloading, the IRS.. But there have been hundreds of example before Buck that we were well aware of... Why wasn't he?

People who don't understand business FTL.

Man, nobody making that much money is in control of their own money. YES, it IS his money, but who do you know that makes millions and actually takes care of their own finances?!

...and like I said, he's not the first star that has had somebody drop the ball. Countless people have. There's been tons of times where the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. Hell, here in Indianapolis, they closed all the Popeye's chicken restaurants because they owed $175K in back taxes...closed 'em all last month.

We @ NT have ALWAYS played this "holier-than-thou" role, and have always felt like telling people what to do with their money, or how to budget it/spend it, and 9/10, they don't even have their %*%* together.

Do I feel sorry for him? No...hell, I dont even know him. Even now, he's prob.got more than I've got! But, I dont make it my business to kick people while they're down, and ya'll seem to thrive off that and negativity as a whole.

Long story short: "Judge not lest ye be judged"

- most of the time i agree with you, but this time you cant be more wrong.

- one celebrity i know of for sure that writes his own checks is Bill Cosby. he speaks on it frequently and encourages other celebs to do the same. and this is coming from someone that absolutely HATES the man, but i have heard him say this numerous times.

...."thrown under the bus"? <-- an expression hardly ever used properly.

....."Judge not lest ye be judged"? <-- no one's judging him. why? because by his own admission he wasnt paying any attention. every comment in here just echoes his own admitted stupidity. what you probably mean is hindsight is 20/20.

......"Countless people have" <-- [Jay-Z voice] and-uh? [\ Jay-Z]  how is this an excuse or explaination? it should used as more reason to scrutinize them and their behavior so it's not repeated. i mean by the "Countless people have" logic no one should say a word and let the mistakes keep repeating themselves  

and LMAO@thinking old schools cost 30k. cats spend 30k on just the paint, wheels and interior bro.

-
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
  should have stopped while you (thought) you were ahead. that figure can depend on a million different things. ftr, you can EASILY crush all old school competition in town on 30K if you use it right.

"oh no 50, im not going to buy any jewelry. even though our image is that we're rich and live a nice life, im gonna get a modest house and drive a camry even though i been broke all my life and never had nothing"

....and thats EXACTLY what i'd have done. i dont care what i grew up having, its all about education on finances and wealth, not the background.

Back
Top Bottom