Yeezys. Is The Hype Dead?

Yeezy Hype Dead?

• Total voters
I know im talking about sneakers but I think it makes sense to be in the General Section. Because of the many possible factors why the Yeezy Hype could be (or not) on the decline.

So many ppl in person and on social media are claiming that Yeezy demand is dead. Especially the 350’s because recent releases ended up sitting. I thought it was because of mass production, and maybe colorways.

I hear A LOT of people saying that yeezys are dead because they are too accessible and not “rare” anymore.
But Jordans re-released countless times and are a staple regardless.

I was able to get the Zebras and Concords absolutely no problem for example.

There could be reasons why Yeezy is on the decline: because of his political views, re-releases killing the resale value, Drake saying “don’t wear no 350’s ‘round me/ checks over stripes” lol etc.

What are ya’ll thoughts on this? Thanks NT fam

kanye-west-maga-hat.jpg

Dead because everyone has em

We to the high end mall in Michigan, Litterally never seen so many yeezy 350 in my life, it was absolutely crazy to see

This time last year atleast there you would see hypebeasts and rich kids wearing em but yesterday it was on a whole nother level and not in a good way

I always thought Yeezy's were wack. Never understood the hype. Especially the boot and elf shoe looking shaped ones.

With J's, they did have their period where they weren't the hot commodity anymore. The '94 and '95 first retro releases sat and went to clearance stores. Not to mention the Penny line, Barkley line, etc were giving the J line a run for their money. After the quality early 2k releases, we had about 10 yrs of horrible retros. Now the last few years, they managed to improve the quality and shape. People jumping on certain releases.

It’s all about exclusivity with a lot of people that are into shoes like us. I’ve never been the type to like a shoe just because there not a lot of pairs made. There’s a lot of ugly limited # shoes in my opinion. Whether if a shoe is limited or a GR, it still has to look good to the eye. Case in point, them union Los Angeles 1,s are an eye sore in my opinion.

It has good quality and their limited, but the colorway itself is hideous to me. Despite the quality aspect and if it’s limited or not, the colorway has to be attractive in order to want to wear them on a daily basis. Most people just want a shoe that’s limited with a high resale value, no matter if the shoe looks like crap.

Half the list on the Complexcon top 10 shoes of the year was trash. They basically was going off of the availability/limited of how a shoe was, compared to if they really liked how the shoe actually looks. Half the list could’ve been replaced with Gr,s that had better Cw,s this year.

people complain about things being limited and some people actually want this.

buyer wants exclusive limited items (beasts)

sellers (resellers) want limited items to flip

Dont really rock with Ye anymore, but those zebra 350s and all white ultra boosts are tough imo. Not sure which to cop

Dead because everyone has em

We to the high end mall in Michigan, Litterally never seen so many yeezy 350 in my life, it was absolutely crazy to see

This time last year atleast there you would see hypebeasts and rich kids wearing em but yesterday it was on a whole nother level and not in a good way

Yeah why does that make it dead for yeezys but not for jordans or vans or any other sneaker youll see in abundance lol

Back
Top Bottom