Xbox 360 NBA 2k9 League Fantasy Draft- Draft 10:30 Eastern Thurs 4/23

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Originally Posted by UNtroubled YOUTH

GG NKE, I'm just glad I don't have to play Bron Bron no more, I seriously have no idea what to expect. Play up on him and I get dunked on, play loose and he rains from anywhere on the court.

GG Jehlers, lost to you by 18 the first time, won by 18 this time. Guess home team really means something haha.
i beat u by 18?

arent u the one where i made it rain with roy to score 12 points in 25 seconds and win?
Oops. My fault that's right how could I forget. Fraij beat me by 18, sorry. And I'm sure you loved having the opportunity to bring that up
laugh.gif

smh.gif

Originally Posted by jretro23

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

GG Grizz

lebron is sooo cheap in the game, we should ban anyone in the league to pick him up

btw i saw an idea online which is pretty cool

in some leagues, they set aside 2 teams that no one uses, those teams are filled with lower rating players that no one drafts, they use those teams as a free agent pool

so if you want to pick up free agents, you can just trade one of your players for another

just a suggestion
just gotta have 2 extra gamertags for that to work.

You know I could always be the free agent pool.

Originally Posted by Ritch1088

Someone always complaining about that jretro play.
laugh.gif

Its not that hard to defend fellas.
how do you defend it?

i was able to beat Jretro once by playing a little bit of off ball
but then the next time i played him, 2 people are running around screens, i only have 1 controller!

You have to play off ball for most the game and then either choose X for SF or B for SG (after pressing LB of course), whoever you think the ball is going to.And if you are wrong, well at least you get the ball back after he scores...
laugh.gif

here's my thing.

if you play me on ball at all times and a little zone, i barely run those plays. if you play a lot of off ball defense, i run the play more so yeah.

i have some other plays cooked up (due to this league i'm in that requires you to run plays). i plan to use them in the next league if we have another one.

youngpnoi is the best defender, and the best player in the leagues we had imo.

IMO jretro is one of the funner dudes to play against, those plays don't bother me.. It'sfast-breakers/steal-in-backcourters/dunk-exploiters/one-man-teamers that I hate playing.

IMO jretro is one of the funner dudes to play against, those plays don't bother me.. It's fast-breakers/steal-in-backcourters/dunk-exploiters/one-man-teamers that I hate playing.

tnfeet_kisser03.jpg

Originally Posted by jretro23

here's my thing.

if you play me on ball at all times and a little zone, i barely run those plays. if you play a lot of off ball defense, i run the play more so yeah.

i have some other plays cooked up (due to this league i'm in that requires you to run plays). i plan to use them in the next league if we have another one.

youngpnoi is the best defender, and the best player in the leagues we had imo.

I usually ran man to man. Only thing I did was when those screens are about to come, I switch out to the player guarding the person going through the screenand make sure I don't go through the screen and get caught. Then I just switch back to my point guard or whoever has the ball. It's tough becausejretro can change it in so many different ways so I had to always adjust. Plus, jretro knows how to shoot with any player he gets, so if in the last league,Crash wasn't shooting well, then Michael Beasley was or Thaddeus Young or Delonte West or whoever was out on the court.

Man i've been away from this thread for a minute...

Been stuck in the relapse thread..

I gotta get some games in soon

You have to play off ball for most the game and then either choose X for SF or B for SG (after pressing LB of course), whoever you think the ball is going to. And if you are wrong, well at least you get the ball back after he scores...
laugh.gif

yeah but part of the rules of hte league is to play mostly on ball defense. its why i dont do the same thing.

Originally Posted by upstateboibeats

You have to play off ball for most the game and then either choose X for SF or B for SG (after pressing LB of course), whoever you think the ball is going to. And if you are wrong, well at least you get the ball back after he scores...
laugh.gif

yeah but part of the rules of hte league is to play mostly on ball defense. its why i dont do the same thing.
Just find out which guy is going through the screen, choose him, and go through the screen, and switch back to the PG. That's what I usuallydid. So it's like a few seconds of off ball, but back to on ball right away. I played jretro straight up man and on ball all game and after each loss hegave me, I knew I couldn't just play on ball D the whole time.

Still, jretro can flip the script and have another play go down, which is why it's hard to defend. He can change his play or re-adjust, which makes himking 'til this day.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom