WWE SUMMERSLAM PPV 8/23 - Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk TLC Match, Orton vs Cena, DX Returns (p21)

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by YardFather

John Morrison could be added to the Summerslam TLC match.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I still remember that last crazy ladder match with the Hardyz and MNM
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Was that the one when his partner caught that ladder to the face?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by NIMO007

DAMN I think I'm in love Courtney Taylor...
devil.gif
Just a little info:
For those who asked, new ECW on SyFy backstage interviewer Courtney Taylor is WWE developmental Diva Beverly Mullins, who was working under the ring name Wesley Holliday. She had been working as a valet for Alex Riley in recent months and the pair had several dark matches at WWE TV tapings.

Smackdown:
Spoiler [+]
SmackDown!:

Smackdown starts with a six man tag Mysterio and Cryme Tyme vs. Jericho, Show, and Ziggler. Ziggler pins Mysterio with an assist from Show. Said to be a really good match with a hot crowd.

Sit down interview with Matt Hardy. He apologizes for everything and Jeff accepted.

Kane promo. Typical Kane promo. Khali has compassion he doesn't. Blah blah. Khali runs out and beats on Kane a bit before he bails.

Knox vs. Finlay is next. Finlay wins by DQ when Knox doesn't break at 5. Afterward Knox destroys Finlay with the ringsteps...Jeff Hardy promo up next.

Hardy says he was advised by doctors to retire but he won't. Punk interrupts and says Summerslam will be Hardy's last match. Hardy gives Punk The Twist of Fate.

Maria and Melina vs. Layla and Natalya is next. Melina pins Natalya with a sunset flip.

Mysterio promo with Matthews followed by JR and Todd Grisham running down the Summerslam card.

Hardys/John Morrison vs. CM Punk/Hart Dynasty. Hardys come out to their old music and titantron for their entrance. Matt gets the fall on CM Punk. Nice match. Hardys and Morrison celebrate after. No shenanigans.

The WWE Breaking Point PPV will feature submission only matches for the main event matches only, not the entire card.

Summerslam Final Card?

WWE Title:
-Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena

World Title:
(TLC Match)

-Jeff Hardy (c) vs. CM Punk

ECW Title:
-Christian (c) vs. William Regal
Tag-Team Match:
-D-Generation X vs. Legacy

Intercontinental Title:
-Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

Unified Tag-Team Titles:
-Chris Jericho & Big Show (c) vs. Cryme Tyme

Singles Match:
-Kane vs. The Great Khali
Singles Match:
-Jack Swagger vs. MVP

Can anyone with knowledge help me out here? And is WWE always this misleading?

Got a call from my boy who says RAW is coming to town (St Paul) Sept 5th for the first time in five years and we gotta go. So of course I get amped and thenlook at ticketmaster and sure enough RAW is coming but I notice that date is on a Saturday. So I then figure well maybe they are going overseas after and aretaping this one for Monday Night.

Then however I pull up WWE's schedule for that weekend, straight from their website:

FRI, SEPT 4, Sioux Falls Arena, Sioux Falls, SD - WWE Presents RAW Live
SAT, SEPT 5, Xcel Center, St. Paul, MN - WWE Presents RAW Live
SUN, SEPT 6, Alliant Energy Center, Madison, WI - WWE Presents RAW Live
MON, SEPT 7, Allstate Arena, Rosemount, IL - WWE Presents: Monday Night RAW

laugh.gif

Have they always been this misleading with essentially their house shows (which I assume we are getting in St Paul)? Ya I'm obviously late
mad.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Can anyone with knowledge help me out here? And is WWE always this misleading?

Got a call from my boy who says RAW is coming to town (St Paul) Sept 5th for the first time in five years and we gotta go. So of course I get amped and then look at ticketmaster and sure enough RAW is coming but I notice that date is on a Saturday. So I then figure well maybe they are going overseas after and are taping this one for Monday Night.

Then however I pull up WWE's schedule for that weekend, straight from their website:

FRI, SEPT 4, Sioux Falls Arena, Sioux Falls, SD - WWE Presents RAW Live
SAT, SEPT 5, Xcel Center, St. Paul, MN - WWE Presents RAW Live
SUN, SEPT 6, Alliant Energy Center, Madison, WI - WWE Presents RAW Live
MON, SEPT 7, Allstate Arena, Rosemount, IL - WWE Presents: Monday Night RAW

laugh.gif

Have they always been this misleading with essentially their house shows (which I assume we are getting in St Paul)? Ya I'm obviously late
mad.gif

It's a RAW brand house show.

WWE attempts to copyright:
WWE is trying to trademark the "Celtic Warrior" name for Sheamus, but in a possible cause of conflict, UFC fighter Marcus Davis has prior usage to it. The name was popularized in the 1990s by Irish boxer Steve Collins.

Eugene's release:
While not a whole lot still remains known regarding WWE cutting Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore on Friday, it isn't believed to be over a drug test failure as the company didn't indicate anything of the sort when announcing he was cut. According to various WWE sources, the feeling is that since he showed up to last Monday's Raw taping in Calgary looking very out of shape that a decision was made (most likely by Vince McMahon) to get rid of him right away. He had just been hired back about a month ago.

While this might sound surprising to some, Vince is pretty big on first impressions. For instance, his first impression of Takeshi Morishima following a tryout match a year ago this week killed any possible interest in signing him. An issue of Power Slam noted the following: "August 19: Still on the warpath, Vince claims two more victims: he basically says Morishima looks like a giant, fat girl and that Laurinaitis was wasting his time by hyping such a s colourless and podgy wrestler. Vince also sagely notes that because fellow Japanese name Kenzo Suzuki tanked in WWE, obviously Morishima was likely to be a failure as well - solely on the basis of their shared ethnicity."

Reportedly, the WWE creative team wanted to get Eugene on television very quickly, so the fact that he was released after his first appearance adds further credence to the theory given.

Updated SummerSlam card:
* MVP vs. Jack Swagger
* Kane vs. The Great Khali
* DX vs. Legacy
* WWE Unified Tag Team Title Match: Chris Jericho and The Big Show [emoji]169[/emoji] vs. Cryme Tyme
* WWE IC Title Match: Rey Mysterio [emoji]169[/emoji] vs. Dolph Ziggler
* ECW Title Match: Christian [emoji]169[/emoji] vs. William Regal
* WWE Title Match: Randy Orton [emoji]169[/emoji] vs. John Cena
* World Title TLC Match: Jeff Hardy [emoji]169[/emoji] vs. CM Punk

2009 PWI 500

1. Triple H
2. Chris Jericho
3. John Cena
4. Edge
5. Randy Orton
6. Nigel McGuinness
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi
8. CM Punk
9. Sting
10. Ultimo Guerrero

Last Years

1. Randy Orton
2. Kurt Angle
3. Triple H
4. Samoa Joe
5. Edge
6. The Undertaker
7. Shawn Michaels
8. Nigel McGuinness
9. John Cena
10. Shinsuke Nakamura

Sad to see A J Styles no where on that list... TNA continues to bury their only star IMHO.

TNA gets alot of criticism and they do deserve it at times but, I'm happy for Matt Morgan and THE POPE (soon to be my favorite TNA wrestler
pimp.gif
), thatthose two were given a chance.

damn i think i'm going to have to pick up that wCw dvd.

And I just ordered the Bret Hart book, and the Jericho book. I hope both will be a great read.

Damn that DVD is tempting to buy, Nitro in the mid/late 90's > RAW at that time.

Memories
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom