WWE SUMMERSLAM PPV 8/23 - Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk TLC Match, Orton vs Cena, DX Returns (p21)

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ JB gettin' at rednecks and NASCAR.

Motor City Machine Guns commercial was funny as hell

"I saw district 9 but I'll see it again"
laugh.gif

"x division isn't about weight limits. it's about no limits!"

but yea, i just view it as an IC championship or a US championship.

Originally Posted by chino905

whooops
Sorry did not know since you see these cruiserweights fighting for the belt all the time.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

whooops
Sorry did not know since you see these cruiserweights fighting for the belt all the time.
nerd.gif
lol yea the X division is weird. its usually a division for high flyers, high risk, and fast paced wrestlers. IMO, It's like a combination ofa hardcore championship b/c of the crazy X division matches that happens from time to time, and a IC/U.S. championship.

And did I just hear correctly? TNA is going to have a Tag Team Knockout Championship??

And did I just hear correctly? TNA is going to have a Tag Team Knockout Championship??

Yup, The knockouts are the highest rated part of TNA, plus they've been bringing in a lot more women in (theres a new knockout debuting next week).

Some news and notes...

WrestleMania 2012 Update, Celebs at SummerSlam, More

Date Added: August 20, 2009
Story By: Marc Middleton
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Tommy Dreamer's actual injury suffered on the August 4th edition of ECW in an ECW Title match with Christian came when Christian hit Dreamer with a crutch and the bolt on the crutch punctured his arm and went into his triceps.

- WWE is expecting to have a lot of celebrities in attendance for the SummerSlam pay-per-view in Los Angeles. It's been noted that some of the WWE talents billed from Los Angeles, such as The Miz, Eve Torres, John Morrison and Melina, aren't booked on the show.

- Regarding WrestleMania 28 in 2012 being held at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, there were indeed WWE representatives in Toronot for a meeting last week and a major event planning firm was involved with some kind of pitch. Most likely, given the size of the arena, they're planning a WrestleMania for then ubt it could be a Royal Rumble or a SummerSlam. We can confirm that a pitch was done for a major WWE event in 2012.

Edge vs. Jericho at WrestleMania?, More News

- There's already talk within WWE of having Edge vs. Chris Jericho at WrestleMania 26 as one of the top matches. The hope is that Edge is back in time for WrestleMania but when dealing with an injury like his, it's still too early to tell.

- It doesn't look like Shawn Michaels will be on the road much with WWE after returning this time as he is not booked on WWE live event cards in September.

More News On Undertaker's Return, WWE Summerslam Plans

Story By: Brian Cantor
-- While the exact imminence of Undertaker's return is unclear--all that has been floated is that he is due back in September--Vince McMahon has requested that the SmackDown! team start the tease for his return.

-- There has reportedly been some talk of running DX vs. Legacy as the final match on Sunday's Summerslam pay-per-view. A lot will come down to how WWE books the finishes of the WWE and World Championship matches; if creative scripts neither match to culminate with a happy ending, it might opt to put the tag grudge match on last to send the fans home satisfied.

DX vs. Legacy closing the show is, nonetheless, still a long shot--in the past, rumors that a non-title bout would close the show have typically proven false. The major evidence supporting the rumor, at press time, is the fact that WWE's websites are billing DX vs. Legacy as a featured attraction. On Summerslam.com, the match has been moved to the "main event" category (alongside CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy and John Cena vs. Randy Orton). On WWE.com, DX vs. Legacy has the highest billing.

Only non title match in recent memory I can remember closing a ppv was Hogan/HBK at Summerslam 05. This match is nowhere near that level.

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

Some news and notes...

WrestleMania 2012 Update, Celebs at SummerSlam, More

- Tommy Dreamer's actual injury suffered on the August 4th edition of ECW in an ECW Title match with Christian came when Christian hit Dreamer with a crutch and the bolt on the crutch punctured his arm and went into his triceps.

- WWE is expecting to have a lot of celebrities in attendance for the SummerSlam pay-per-view in Los Angeles. It's been noted that some of the WWE talents billed from Los Angeles, such as The Miz, Eve Torres, John Morrison and Melina, aren't booked on the show.

- Regarding WrestleMania 28 in 2012 being held at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, there were indeed WWE representatives in Toronot for a meeting last week and a major event planning firm was involved with some kind of pitch. Most likely, given the size of the arena, they're planning a WrestleMania for then ubt it could be a Royal Rumble or a SummerSlam. We can confirm that a pitch was done for a major WWE event in 2012.

More News On Undertaker's Return, WWE Summerslam Plans

Story By: Brian Cantor
-- While the exact imminence of Undertaker's return is unclear--all that has been floated is that he is due back in September--Vince McMahon has requested that the SmackDown! team start the tease for his return.

-- There has reportedly been some talk of running DX vs. Legacy as the final match on Sunday's Summerslam pay-per-view. A lot will come down to how WWE books the finishes of the WWE and World Championship matches; if creative scripts neither match to culminate with a happy ending, it might opt to put the tag grudge match on last to send the fans home satisfied.

DX vs. Legacy closing the show is, nonetheless, still a long shot--in the past, rumors that a non-title bout would close the show have typically proven false. The major evidence supporting the rumor, at press time, is the fact that WWE's websites are billing DX vs. Legacy as a featured attraction. On Summerslam.com, the match has been moved to the "main event" category (alongside CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy and John Cena vs. Randy Orton). On WWE.com, DX vs. Legacy has the highest billing.

Only non title match in recent memory I can remember closing a ppv was Hogan/HBK at Summerslam 05. This match is nowhere near that level.

Ugh, please don't let this be true.

mjmoney23 wrote:

Last year Taker/Edge HIAC at Summerslam, I was there
smokin.gif

Quick question.

I know sting hase never been in the WWE.

Does sting qualify to be in the WWE hall of fame since he spent most of his career with WCW?

roll.gif
@ AJ ol emotional *** hugging sting and the look on stings face like"are you serious?"

Does sting qualify to be in the WWE hall of fame since he spent most of his career with WCW?
There are no qualifications to getting in the WWE hall of fame other then Vince wanting you there. As for Sting getting in? Only if/when he cutsall ties to TNA

Back
Top Bottom