WWE SUMMERSLAM PPV 8/23 - Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk TLC Match, Orton vs Cena, DX Returns (p21)

They'll probably just have Mayweather and Show do a face to face, acknowledge last year, and keep it moving.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

I think the WWE should use Chavo and Primo as a tag team.

I wonder if the TNA was on Mondays would the WWE shape up, because I feel that they have gotten comfortable ever since they bought of WCW and they are the only show on mondays.

Why put Khali and Kane when you could establish a couple superstars on that night with the Tag and U.S titles alone. I feel that the WWE needs to use these young athletes.

For summer slam they could have had:

U.S. Title
Kofi, Miz, Swagger, Bourne, Santino and Carlito

Tag TItle
Legacy, Show & Jericho, HF V2.0, Chryme Time, Primo and Chavo, Zeke and Kozlof (Tag Team Elimination)

IC Title
Mysterio vs Ziggler

Heavy Weight Title
C.M. Punk vs Hardy vs Morrison vs FInlay ( with Honrswoggle Retunring as manager)

Divas Title
Place in all the Divas leading to the unification of the title in a Royal Rumble Esq match but surround the ring with water and have them dumped in the water and last one standing is the champ.

WWE Title
MVP vs Cena vs Orton vs Henry (Special Referee Shawn)

ECW Title
Christian Vs Regal vs Dreamer vs Benjamin (Extreme Rules )

End it all with Homage to the Undertaker with the Gong and the Arena going black and a timer, Or have his Symbol drop from the rafters with the druids coming out

There is nothing worthwhile for Chavo in the WWE. He should be released ASAP.

I don't think the WWE views TNA as a serious threat. Now if UFC were to put some type of programming on Monday nights, then it might get interesting. I know what my primary focus would be on.

Having Khali vs Kane shows just how backwards the WWE's overall direction is. Vince wonders why he can't create new stars? It's because jobbers like these two get PPV time while guys like MVP, Swagger, Bourne, Shelton, Ryder, etc etc etc sit on the sidelines.

I don't like your Summerslam card. Way too many multi-person matches. Second, as much as you hate HHH, he has to be on the card. Third, the scenario you described with the Undertaker has been done too many times. It's boring at this point. My card would be:

Intercontinental Title
Rey Mysterio (c) vs Dolph Ziggler

MVP vs Jack Swagger

United States Title
Kofi Kingston (c) vs The Miz

Divas Title Match
Mickie James (c) vs Gail Kim (if Kim isn't fired after last night)

ECW Title
Christian (c) vs William Regal vs Tommy Dreamer

Shelton Benjamin vs Zack Ryder

Tag Team Title Match
Chris Jericho/Big Show (c) vs DX

World Title
Jeff Hardy (c) vs CM Punk - TLC Match

WWE Title
Randy Orton (c) vs John Cena

I know 9 matches is a lot, but if the WWE were to do away with all the stupid video segments they show every PPV, they should have no problem getting the card in.

I like your card 4w, why have a Kane/Khali match when you can have an MVP/Swagger match? It just doesn't make sense to me.

I had an idea on Raw though about maybe Kane and Khali become a tag team, but it won't happen.

im watching a raw replay since i was unable to catch it last night

that divas match with mickie and kim was just
sick.gif

Taz talks about replacing Don West:
As reported here yesterday, Taz has replaced Don West as the color commentator of TNA Wrestling. The change took place at Monday night's television tapings, as Taz called this week's iMPACT! taping along side Mike Tenay.

Taz posted a couple of comments on his Twitter page regarding his new position: "I am already LOVING my new role in TNA," Taz wrote. "I had a blast with Mike (Tenay) also. TNA will sound different starting Thursday."

Taz also addressed Don West, who he is replacing on air. "I'm also happy Don is TNA still. It shows the type of front office we have. Dude has been there for seven years. You don't just can him - promote him."

While Don West will no longer be calling the action from ringside, several sources have confirmed that he received a promotion in TNA's merchandising division and is not being let go.
Good riddance.

Undertaker's return feud:
Spoiler [+]
The Undertaker is expected to feud with CM Punk upon returning, according to sources. WWE had originally planned for him to return by SummerSlam, but that's been pushed back. WWE creative has been told to come up with ways to slowly build towards Undertaker's return, including lights flickering, etc.

Top WWE stars on Smackdown:
Several top WWE RAW Superstars will appear at the SmackDown tapings in Phoenix, Arizona on Tuesday, August 25th. The U.S. Airways Center website lists John Cena, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, Evan Bourne and Mark Henry for next week's SmackDown show.Several top WWE RAW Superstars will appear at the SmackDown tapings in Phoenix, Arizona on Tuesday, August 25th. The U.S. Airways Center website lists John Cena, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, Evan Bourne and Mark Henry for next week's SmackDown show.

Originally Posted by Mister916

Undertaker's return feud:
Spoiler [+]
The Undertaker is expected to feud with CM Punk upon returning, according to sources. WWE had originally planned for him to return by SummerSlam, but that's been pushed back. WWE creative has been told to come up with ways to slowly build towards Undertaker's return, including lights flickering, etc.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

YES!!!!

2nd best person to choose

STILL think the DX needs more members.. I mean regardless ofthe story lines now and how many times HBK comes and goes.. they are just simply a TAG TEAM.. DX and the foundation of itwere based upon a group or people going against the grain.. I just always feel somethin is missing everytime you see H and HBK come out.,.. by themselves.Perfect example is how legacy bodied both of them and back in the day not one tag team or even a group of people came near all the members of DX. Can you imagine the viewing and money, storlines, ppv's would be if there were a couple more people inDX and they ran WWE with todays talent??

4Wrestling,, what do you think about that ??

Originally Posted by Vidasman

STILL think the DX needs more members.. I mean regardless of the story lines now and how many times HBK comes and goes.. they are just simply a TAG TEAM.. DX and the foundation of it were based upon a group or people going against the grain.. I just always feel somethin is missing everytime you see H and HBK come out.,.. by themselves. Perfect example is how legacy bodied both of them and back in the day not one tag team or even a group of people came near all the members of DX. Can you imagine the viewing and money, storlines, ppv's would be if there were a couple more people in DX and they ran WWE with todays talent??

I think the reason they're keeping DX small is cause the team isn't meant to be long term.

STILL think the DX needs more members.. I mean regardless of the story lines now and how many times HBK comes and goes.. they are just simply a TAG TEAM.. DX and the foundation of it were based upon a group or people going against the grain.. I just always feel somethin is missing everytime you see H and HBK come out.,.. by themselves. Perfect example is how legacy bodied both of them and back in the day not one tag team or even a group of people came near all the members of DX. Can you imagine the viewing and money, storlines, ppv's would be if there were a couple more people in DX and they ran WWE with todays talent??

I think the reason they're keeping DX small is cause the team isn't meant to be long term.

This is why they should just stop bringing DX back... they're returning to have a match with Legacy?
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
I like the idea of adding more members (not sure who would fit in... Santino maybe?) but I'm tired of DX already and they've only returned forone night...

Originally Posted by HardWork919

This is why they should just stop bringing DX back... they're returning to have a match with Legacy?
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
I like the idea of adding more members (not sure who would fit in... Santino maybe?) but I'm tired of DX already and they've only returned for one night...

Agree,, and MISTER916 I totally understand what youre saying,, I just think if thats thecase, why bother with DX at all then? to me its too gimmicky to just announce "THE RETURN OF DX" and trying to get people hyped up when you know itsjust going to be a GOODBOY HBK and 3H just being at that. Id rather see some introduction of DX of HBK and 3H adding some new members to possibly carry on theDX name onto coming story lines with new wrestlers and members. I swear on my kids after RAW finished last night, I just threw in my DX dvd just to relive theglory times and days when DX took over the Wrestling world going into WCW territory was classic, because I got hyped up to just be sorta let down.. they needthat kind of spark to get it going again or else......Why Bother?

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

DX is like Cena, there to push merchandise. I wish they brought back the OG DX shirt.
And good ol' HGH knows he can never attain Stone Cold/Rock/Hogan status if he's in a stable. His problem lies within himself and notrealizing he lacks the charisma aforementioned wrestlers had.

That's the problem with wrestling now. There are no more "showstoppers". And yes, that includes Shawn Hickenbottom, who is washed up andhasn't been the "showstopper" in years.

Originally Posted by HardWork919

eyes.gif
laugh.gif
I like the idea of adding more members (not sure who would fit in... Santino maybe?) but I'm tired of DX already and they've only returned for one night...

Agree,, and MISTER916 I totally understand what youre saying,, I just think if thats the case, why bother with DX at all then? to me its too gimmicky to just announce "THE RETURN OF DX" and trying to get people hyped up when you know its just going to be a GOODBOY HBK and 3H just being at that. Id rather see some introduction of DX of HBK and 3H adding some new members to possibly carry on the DX name onto coming story lines with new wrestlers and members. I swear on my kids after RAW finished last night, I just threw in my DX dvd just to relive the glory times and days when DX took over the Wrestling world going into WCW territory was classic, because I got hyped up to just be sorta let down.. they need that kind of spark to get it going again or else......Why Bother?

You can't re-live the past.... ever. It's not the Attitude era anymore, DX and any other gimmick from those days need to be left alone. Re-hashingold gimmicks and playing them to the target child audience of today is just bastardizing my fond childhood memories.

Tonight's main event is Christian and Tommy Dreamer vs Vladimir Kozlov and William Regal.

Christian will defend the ECW Title against Regal this Sunday at Summerslam.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Why won't WWE make Tommy Dreamer his own shirt?? Dude has really beenrockin the default for way too many years. They gave him a pity title run, he deserves a pity shirt too.

Back
Top Bottom