WWE ROYAL RUMBLE SUN JAN 27 | CENA WINS THE RUMBLE | ROCK DEFEATS PUNK TO WIN WWE TITLE

I gotta agree with hombrelobo...the elbow was always the Rocks 1a move. Rock bottom was always 1b. So what exactly is the issue now? We're all grown up and a elbow drop is not good enough anymore?

What I'm wondering is how will they build a Punk/Taker feud. Why would anyone believe he can end the streak after presumably losing to the Rock twice in a row? Why would they feud in the first place

I think you're in the minority with that great feeling.

A movie star who isn't great in the ring or on the mic (as of late) who's only there to promote movies beating a wrestling purist ending a 430+ day championship streak with a novelty move.

From a purely wrestling standpoint, ignoring the business aspects of it, it's not one of wrestling's better moments.
If it was not Rock to break the streak, what current "Face" would be worthy of breaking the streak? Next in line would be Cena. We all know the internet would implode if that happened. I'm as big of a Punk fan as alot of us are on this forum, but I appreciate the fact that Rock came back for this "run".
I wouldn't have a problem with any current face ending the streak, including Cena.  I especially would've liked it to be someone who'd never been a champion.  I feel like Punk's streak should've been a bigger deal and the man who ended it should've gotten credibility (ex. Goldberg was big, but ending Hogan's reign took him to the highest level).

To me, Rock being the guy to end Punk's streak would be like Lesnar being the one to end Taker's streak.

I don't watch ME, but seeing Bo Dallas next to Wade Barrett last night... ugh.  Dude looks like nothing more than an high school gym indy geek.  There are so many other deserving guys from NXT that should have been brought up.

Exactly. This should be your fear, dudes. Not Rock vs Cena II: The Most Electrifying Boogaloo in Sports Entertainment.

This man will ruin us all..

View media item 239952
Don't forget tonight RAW is in Vegas.. You know that Punk promo is coming.

I have a simple question.

As long as Rock is champ, does that mean they won't have any WWE Title matches at house shows??

I have a simple question.

As long as Rock is champ, does that mean they won't have any WWE Title matches at house shows??

Probably not. EC is just a couple weeks away so Rock will have time to get in a bit better wrestling shape and not look as stiff out there. I wouldn't be surprised if he wrestles on a couple Raw's leading up to Mania

Last edited:
I like Punk. Really I do, but I'm glad he dropped the title. Punk will now be able to take this and turn it into a new opportunity to further develop his character.

Those are my exact thoughts..If you guys remember SCSA was way more over when he was chasing the belt than he was as champion..And he, like Punk, was great as champ, but way better without the gold..And that's the sign of a great wrestler..That is one of the things I hate about Cena..If he doesn't have the belt then he is just another bland wrestler with nothing to say or do(not that he's much better with the belt)..

And how can some of you guys want Brock to beat Taker, but ***** and moan about Rock beating Punk?..Isn't that another case of a part time guy getting undeserved shine?

- This hasn’t been confirmed but a number of people within WWE on the production side believe that WWE and Bruno Sammartino have agreed on a deal to have him inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. The deal may include something to where Bruno doesn’t have to interact with Vince McMahon at all. Bruno has stated in the past that he would not be inducted as long as Vince around. Triple H has been the working on getting a deal signed with Bruno.

- WWE reached out to Trish Stratus late last week about induction into the 2013 Hall of Fame. Word is that Trish will indeed be inducted this year from Madison Square Garden.

It was noted before that there was talk of either DX or The Kliq being inducted this year. Word going around is that DX will be inducted.

This year’s Hall of Fame class looks to be made up of Mick Foley, Bob Backlund, Trish Stratus, Kamala and DX, plus Bruno Sammartino if the reports of them working out a deal are true.

So how was the RR?

Couldn't watch, modem decided to act up an hour before it started. Still acting up.

Possible New WWE Title Belt Design To Be Debuted Tonight on Raw.

- There was some discussion this past weekend that WWE would have a custom designed title belt for The Rock to debut tonight as WWE Champion.

Tthere is no guarantee this will take place, but there were drawings and designs for a custom title for The Rock. The belief amongst those who are in the know of the new title design is that The Rock would logically debut it the first night of his title run, however it's possible he will continue using the spinner version of the title.

**If already posted, I apologize, it's taking a while for the pages to load.**

Last edited:
-there's been a lot of discussion
-there is no guarantee this will take place
-The belief amongst those who are in the know
-however it's possible

Dirtsheets, man.

Cena/Rock the sequel needs to end with Cena turning heel (ala Austin pairing up with Vince) and being the mastermind behind The Shield.

I bought WWE 13 and seeing this thread has made me want to get back into wrestling. i dont know who half of these guys are but its fun to start watching again.

- WWE reached out to Trish Stratus late last week about induction into the 2013 Hall of Fame. Word is that Trish will indeed be inducted this year from Madison Square Garden.

That's some crackpot reporting to assume if she goes into the Hall of Fame this year that it would be at Madison Square Garden.  Amazing!

Part of me was hoping the shield came out at the end of the Royal Rumble match and attack Ryback. Then Cena would charge the jumping and stop right before and do a "you can see me" gesture and AA Ryback. Then Cena would do his salute to his soldiers and the Shield would salute back. ..Followed by some new John Cena entrance music and kids asking their parents to make sense of what just happened.

Last edited:
Hey guys, once the Make-A-Wish people, the CW/Vortexx, Post Cereals now, and Mattel all stop asking Cena/WWE to make appearances for Children, you can start with your Heel scenarios.

The closest any of you will see Cena as a heel is if you met him at a gym or out to dinner with his bella twin and you decided to bother him. His character on television though will be this way for a little while more. But continue with your scenarios on how Cena would be an awesome heel, it will wear thin on everyone like the Punk run has begun too.

Back
Top Bottom