WWE Elimination Chamber PPV 2/17 - Rock v Punk WWE Title Match, SD Elim Chamber | PPV Pred Contest!

Need to get some of these japanese girls in the wwe to freshen up the divas. Too bad they don't fit the "diva" mold :rolleyes

Theme has The Rock sounding like he has Down Syndrome.

Know your roooooole. Shutyourmouth.
I cant
mean.gif
laugh.gif

How in the world does Miz get a title shot at EC? This is how he's punished for nearly ruining Punk's career?

Last edited:
Anyone cop the Best of Nitro Vol. 2 today?

I wanted to cop earphones or Forza Horizon on discount eventually, but I find it hard to pass this up when I have a $30 BB Gift Card to use...

Watched Brock v. Goldberg at WM XX...

I'd never seen that match and I wish it stayed that way :x

Last edited:
Its a shame that Brock/Goldberg ended up like that. Was set to be such a big mach. When I watched it when it first happened, I couldn't belive they posed and stared each other down for like ten minutes before even locking up. I was glad the crowd crapped all over that match. Both deserved it.

Big E got a handful of titty
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

From IGNs Matt Fowler

People are still quite butthurt that Rock's the champ.  Yeah, he missed last week's RAW, and does his very best to avoid Smackdown like typhoid fever, but he showed up last night for some story-tellin'.  Something about crackheads and Nashville.  Perhaps that Nashville is filled with nothing but crackheads.  He did a funny Jeff Jarrett name drop, thanks to an appreciative fan.  In fact, Rock even tweeted to Jeff last night about the sleepy-bye story time.

But if you're a fan who's looking for more in their WWE Champ than stories that only an arena full of Nashvillians will care about, last night's show ended with an actual altercation and Punk returning to the "I'm not afraid of The Rock" Punk from a few weeks back.  Yeah, Heyman helped out a bit, so Punk didn't totally go over Rock, but at least he rushed the ring.  Still, even with Rock back on RAW, and still being damn charismatic, people on Tumblr be all like...

and...

Look, these were posted by other people.  I didn't pull them up and post them in an attempt to create a gif metaphor.  These were posts by people bored and uninspired by The Rock.

Now, is everyone rolling their eyes at The Rock?  No way.  Not even close.  He's still massively over.  But there's a much clearer divide now than there ever was before, and Punk is the reason.  Also, I think it would be nice, even with a relaxed schedule, if Rock wrestled on RAW.  Same for Lesnar.  I get that the WWE wants to squeeze PPV dollars out of these two and make them attractions, but there are fans out there who simply don't, or can't, buy the PPVs.  And so they'll never see Rock and Brock in an actual match until maybe they drum up the motivation, months later, to check out the Blu-ray.

So Punk got the GTS drop on Rock last night.  Which was fun, but I would have liked to see more of a beat down.  The Rock sells the move nicely, but it's not like we expect him to fall to it during their rematch.  People have kicked out of it before.  So what's the set up here?  The Rock's going to retain, but how?  Well, with Heyman interfering in a Punk fight for the first time, grabbing Rock's ankle, we've now got the set up that Heyman will try to get physically involved in the bout.  And it will cost Punk.  And it will be Punk's fault since he begged Paul to come back after Paul was ready to quit at the top of RAW.  See, there *was* a reason for that well-done, but strangely long, opening segment.  The story here could be that Punk would have won at Elimination Chamber had it not been for Heyman.  And then the two will part ways before 'Mania.  I don't know if that means Heyman will be gone-gone, or if he'll find a way to shift over to Brock.  I know a lot of people were hoping that Paul could manage both guys at once.

The upside to all of this is that we get a second Punk/Rock match.  And one that might give us more of a "kick out of each others' finishers" fight.  Opposite momentum, along with Rock's 'Mania date with Cena, means Rock will win, of course.  And maybe that's what some fans object to the most.  The fact that, after Punk's long reign, with many PPV outcomes unknown, we've now returned to the realm of the "predictable winner."  But let's not forget that there's also that new stipulation added to the match where Rock can lose the title via DQ or countout.  I think it's a bit cruel because it gives Punk fans a false glimmer of hope.  Nice try, President Snow.
The Rock may be massively over, but anyone who isn't biased will tell you that he stinks. As he alluded to, if he had a relaxed schedule in which he wrestled on Raw every now and then, the outrage wouldn't be as big, because at least he's earning his shot like everyone else has to do even if its predictable. Showing up when you want to and to only promote a movie is diva-like. Being better than Cena on the mic isn't much when you don't have a standard to live up to. Sunday's match will be predictable and for that I won't waste my time watching as the All Star Game is that night too.

Just got done watching this match.
HBK vs Mankind WWF championship match IYH 10-Mind Game

I would love to hear what HBK thought of that match. Its not one that gets a lot of attention but it was a good physical match. I think they were throwing legit blows a few times.

I've always liked that Mind Games match but hated the ending.

I'm watching Main Event for the first time tonight. I read good reviews of this ADR and Ziggler match.

Rko, if you're not doing anything Saturday night Ring of Honor is at Taft Theater. It was an awesome show last year. I highly recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom