Wrestling Thread October 1st-31st/ No Mercy Tonight At 8PM ET/ Dolph Zigger Last Match

He may have had the capabilities, but if it wasn't for Vince making him a household name then he'd have never been on a cable show or writing comic books..That's all because of Vince pushing him to the moon and making him popular..Nobody is denying that Punk had tons of talent..But there's 50 guys on the indies right now that could wrestle circles around Punk in his prime..You know why those guy's are wrestling on weekends for $100 a show?..Cause they don't have WWE's machine behind them..

And if Punk always dreamed about doing MMA and money wasn't a concern then his *** shouldn't have signed his last multi-million dollar contract with Vince and went to train for an MMA career..But he didn't do that cause he was the #2 man in the #1 company in the wrestling world and was getting 90% of everything he wanted handed to him..
Let's not act like he was just gifted his profile...the company--by its own admission--actively suppressed him throughout his career and he only rose to the level he did by displaying talents far and beyond his peers.

His talents sold those shirts, put ***** in seats, and pumped up the profile of the company as a whole...not putting him in position for a championship run would have just been bad business.

Technical ability is far from the only ingredient in making a successful Superstar, and it just so happens that CM Punk had enough of all the others to offset his lack of in-ring mastery. Hell, if you wanna really break it down, Brock Lesnar isn't a great technical MMA fighter, he built his career in the octagon on athleticism, reputation and a strong Olympic wrestling background...he's still the biggest draw in the promotion's history, which is why he got a title shot in his 3rd fight instead of after a lifetime of contention.

Your name determines your frame.

Punk knows his worth and wasn't willing to sacrifice it for lackluster treatment...I respect that.

I'm all for Punk being happy cause every man deserves that..I still don't like how he left the company and nothing will change that..I do hope he puts on a good fight and if he wins I'll the be the first to say "good job"..I personally am more excited for the Miocic/Overeem fight..

I'm all for Punk being happy cause every man deserves that..I still don't like how he left the company and nothing will change that..

That and he swears he wants nothing to do with WWE or wrestling in general but can't help but talk about it and take his lil shots

That's the tendencies of a bitter ex

Last edited:
Up next 
pimp.gif

I'm all for Punk being happy cause every man deserves that..I still don't like how he left the company and nothing will change that..I do hope he puts on a good fight and if he wins I'll the be the first to say "good job"..I personally am more excited for the Miocic/Overeem fight..
That and he swears he wants nothing to do with WWE or wrestling in general but can't help but talk about it
Didn't he have a falling out with Cabana after Cabana went to a WWE event?

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Last edited:
What's the threads gripe with Punk?
Man dudes here so wishy-washy when it comes to Punk.

Hated him right after left, loved him after he did the podcast with Colt Cabana, now they hate him again.
laugh.gif

I'm indifferent to Punk for the most part. Enjoyed his main event run up until he started mailing it in the last few months of his WWE tenure.

Had some good/great matches; the match with Brock and the one with Cena on Raw immediately come to mind.

The Pipe Bomb promo was some epic TV.

Looking forward to seeing how he does tonight.

That and he swears he wants nothing to do with WWE or wrestling in general but can't help but talk about it

That's the tendencies of a bitter ex

Exactly..All he has to do is say "no comment" or "I don't answer wrestling questions"..Simple as that..

And regardless of your feelings towards him, as a wrestling fan, I don't know why you wouldn't root for Punk. If he wins, that's pretty huge for wrestling. Someone who was able to go over to the "other" sport and be successful

Him winning does nothing for "wrestling."

The top 10 wrestlers in WWE could go fight in UFC, win their fights, and people who aren't wrestling fans/media still won't have any respect for professional wrestling/wrestlers/WWE..

What's the threads gripe with Punk?
Man dudes here so wishy-washy when it comes to Punk.

Hated him right after left, loved him after he did the podcast with Colt Cabana, now they hate him again.
laugh.gif

I'm indifferent to Punk for the most part. Enjoyed his main event run up until he started mailing it in the last few months of his WWE tenure.

Had some good/great matches; the match with Brock and the one with Cena on Raw immediately come to mind.

The Pipe Bomb promo was some epic TV.

Looking forward to seeing how he does tonight.
I hate him because as a licensed pharmacist, he made a mockery of antibiotics. 

I didnt appreciate that.

Hope he breakes his leg tonight 
smile.gif

I respect what he did in the ring throughout his prime years

Just didn't like how he handled his exit and how he remains so bitter. And he's always come off as a prick outside the ring

Didn't he have a falling out with Cabana after Cabana went to a WWE event?

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Yep.

The top 10 wrestlers in WWE could go fight in UFC, win their fights, and people who aren't wrestling fans/media still won't have any respect for professional wrestling/wrestlers/WWE..

Yup, and ** **** isn't even a "wrestler" anymore. He's just as much of a UFC fighter as anyone on their roster now.

Back
Top Bottom