Wrestling Thread October 1st-31st/ No Mercy Tonight At 8PM ET/ Dolph Zigger Last Match

Apollo Crews and AJ Styles would no doubt tear the house down with like 10+ minutes, but Crews still needs a defined character badly. Simply being a very good wrestler without a character can only take you so far.

And that's not a good thing :rofl: :x :rofl:

02-05 HHH was good in his role bruh.

He was, but it was terrible in the long run. All he really did was kill the steam of a bunch of guys they could have been elevated. That was probably one of the worst booked time periods.

I see some Austin doubt in here? Y'all ever watch "Stunning" Steve Austin? You can't doubt that man. Excellent wrestler before His neck injury.

He was, but it was terrible in the long run. All he really did was kill the steam of a bunch of guys they could have been elevated. That was probably one of the worst booked time periods.

I see this a lot. Maybe I need a refresher because i missed some of that period but besides Booker who are y'all talking about? Steiner? Goldberg? :lol:

Apollo Crews and AJ Styles would no doubt tear the house down with like 10+ minutes, but Crews still needs a defined character badly. Simply being a very good wrestler without a character can only take you so far.
WWho did he stop?He jobbed to Steiner, Berg, and made for a good heel.

The Rock was far from the most technically proficient in-ring competitor, but at 6 foot 5 and 275 pounds, his physical gifts and penchant for feeding on crowd support drove his success far beyond what the raw technical skills of many competitors merited.

Where the People's Champ was perhaps most successful was in his Jordanesque use of psychological warfare, intimidating his opponents by taking sniper-accurate shots at their insecurities much as His Airness was able to derail the career of Muggsy Bogues with one well-placed verbal jab.

It's even rumored that the combination of mental demoralization and physical domination the Rock brought to the ring was the reason his opponents had their spirits broken to the point where they were a mere elbow drop from defeat.

While the Great One will never be remembered as a technical wizard--indeed, a single viewing of his unique application of the Sharpshooter can confirm this--his place in the annals of wrestling history can never be denied.

Scott Steiner better in-ring than AJ?  Did I read that correctly?
Ever heard of the FrankenSteiner, bruddah? The Steiner Screwdriver? Much like Barry Bonds, where he was known as a base stealing speed demon as well as a threat to put one out of the park in the late 80s/early 90s, Scott Steiner was much more than steroids and controversy at the beginning of his career.

Last edited:
The Rock was far from the most technically proficient in-ring competitor, but at 6 foot 5 and 275 pounds, his physical gifts and penchant for feeding on crowd support drove his success far beyond what the raw technical skills of many competitors merited.

Where the People's Champ was perhaps most successful was in his Jordanesque use of psychological warfare, intimidating his opponents by taking sniper-accurate shots at their insecurities much as His Airness was able to derail the career of Muggsy Bogues with one well-placed verbal jab.0

It's even rumored that the combination of mental demoralization and physical domination the Rock brought to the ring was the reason his opponents had their spirits broken to the point where they were a mere elbow drop from defeat.

While the Great One will never be remembered as a technical wizard--indeed, a single viewing of his unique application of the Sharpshooter can confirm this--his place in the annals of wrestling history can never be denied.

Everytime you post dude im like
View media item 2149909
Lol great post

I see this a lot. Maybe I need a refresher because i missed some of that period but besides Booker who are y'all talking about? Steiner? Goldberg? :lol:

Mostly Booker T and RVD (though I understand based on his shaky drug history), but here's a trip down memory lane booking wise:

- Awarded Big Gold
- Katie Vick
- 2 embarrassing headlining matches with Scott Steiner (while Smackdown had Angle vs Benoit). Steiner sent back to midcard.
- Portrayed with bigot undertones during Booker T feud ("do that little dance Booker"), then still went over him, waiting about 30 seconds to cover him after a Pedigree. Booker didn't recover til 3 years later.
- Being bloated and injured in the Elimination Chamber, laid down the entire match while Goldberg mauled everybody then pinned him after a sledgehammer shot
- Killing Orton's steam as a face (though that's more WWE than anything)
- With HBK, hogged main events while Benoit --- the top champion feuded with Kane
- Killed RVD's steam. Didn't recover til 3 years later.
- Put over Goldberg months after he should have already done it
- ****** Kevin Nash feud
- Embarrassing PG DX reunion.
- Makes return in 2007, has extended squash match with Booker T, bringing everything full circle.

I know I'm probably missing stuff, but that's all I have for now :lol:

Mostly Booker T and RVD (though I understand based on his shaky drug history), but here's a trip down memory lane booking wise:

- Awarded Big Gold (nobody else better at the time)
- Katie Vick(yeah this was just all kinds of weird man)
- 2 embarrassing headlining matches with Scott Steiner (while Smackdown had Angle vs Benoit). Steiner sent back to midcard.(Steiner was the reason it sucked)
- Portrayed with bigot undertones during Booker T feud ("do that little dance Booker"), then still went over him, waiting about 30 seconds to cover him after a Pedigree. Booker didn't recover til 3 years later.(Booker shouldve been on Smackdown in the first place. King Booker was all the redeeming needed)
- Being bloated and injured in the Elimination Chamber, laid down the entire match while Goldberg mauled everybody then pinned him after a sledgehammer shot
- Killing Orton's steam as a face (though that's more WWE than anything)(Orton has always been better as a heel. He screamed heel from his debut)
- With HBK, hogged main events while Benoit --- the top champion feuded with Kane(agreed)
- Killed RVD's steam. Didn't recover til 3 years later. RVD couldn't be trusted
- Put over Goldberg months after he should have already done it
- ****** Kevin Nash feud(agreed)
- Embarrassing PG DX reunion.(made tons of money)
- Makes return in 2007, has extended squash match with Booker T, bringing everything full circle.(dont remember)

I know I'm probably missing stuff, but that's all I have for now
laugh.gif
The Main card was weak at the time bro. Mid card was really good and helped the overall product for Raw.  HHH was the mega heel that RAW needed. HBK honestly was worst than HHH. No reason for him to have returned. Granted he gave us some good matches later, but he was holding somebody's spot for far too long(that 02 title reign was just dumb)

Ever heard of the FrankenSteiner, bruddah? The Steiner Screwdriver? Much like Barry Bonds, where he was known as a base stealing speed demon as well as a threat to put one out of the park in the late 80s/early 90s, Scott Steiner was much more than steroids and controversy at the beginning of his career.
Have I heard of that glorified Hurricanrana?  Sure.  Doesn't make him better than AJ.

Have I heard of that glorified Hurricanrana?  Sure.  Doesn't make him better than AJ.

It's not a glorified Hurricanrana..It's his move that he created..Go back and watch his WCW stuff and tell me honestly that it's not one of the most impressive moves in wrestling history..For a guy that size to be able to pull that move off from a stand still is flat out insane..

Back
Top Bottom