Wrestling Thread May 5-18 | 5/16 Black Friday for WWE - Stock Price Crashes

This one's tough for me. Rick Rude is without a doubt up there. I've always been a fan of Ziggler's as well. Dude worked that upper chest and shoulders to give the illusion that he was bigger than he really is. 

It's hard to argue against Ricky though..Dude was ripped enough for people to believe he could go against the over-sized guys of the 80's, but yet not so big that he couldn't perform lightning quick or high flying moves..Pretty much the perfect combination if you ask me..

View media item 967307
View media item 967308

Last edited:
I think a guy that never gets mentioned for pure strength, and should, is Ron Simmons..Back in his WCW days the man was one of the, if not the strongest, guys on the roster..I remember he used to throw Vader around like it was nothing..And that's saying something..

Anyone looking forward to Raw tonight?

Triple-H-feet-up-desk-90s-WWE-13693869403.jpg

No new thread this week.  I don't have the interest after last week's awful Raw.  Plus I want to go back through some of the past pages.

There will be a new thread next week.

For tonight's Raw (via Dave Meltzer):

--On Raw tonight, they will be pushing the 6/1 Payback PPV top matches.  As of this morning, there was a John Cena & Usos vs. Wyatt Family match scheduled.  Internally, a lot of eyes are on Adam Rose, since his debut was viewed as a failure and we're told that's a bigger story that people are letting on, although I don't know why.  However, we just heard that everything major was changing today, but all we heard is the changes have to do with Daniel Bryan.  

--The WWE's European tour starts Wednesday in Glasgow.  Everyone will be at Raw today, but half the crew is leaving tonight for Glasgow and the other half will work Greensboro tomorrow night.  That crew flies out after TV to Rome, Italy to start on Thursday.  It's a two week tour that will continue with another show on Thursday in Newcastle, England; Friday in Leeds, England and Turin, Italy; Saturday in Nottingham, England and Innsbruck, Austria; Sunday in Birmingham, England and Cardiff Wales.  Raw will be a taped show on Monday from the O2 Arena in London, and Smackdown will also be taped on Tuesday at the O2 Arena.

- We noted before that plans for WWE Payback had been changing at RAW this afternoon. Word now is that WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan is taking a few weeks off due to a neck injury and could be missing Payback. The injury is expected to be announced on RAW tonight. 

Bryan will most likely need a minimally-invasive neck "procedure" to fix the injury. If all goes well, he could be back in time for Payback. A source at RAW notes that Bryan has been quiet backstage all day. 

I never understood why people make such a big deal out of Punk's or Bryan's "skinny fat" physique but nothing was ever mentioned of Ric Flair's.

Well, I've never heard anything mentioned anyways...

Flair use to be fat before he wrestled though, I'm talking dusty huge according to him on the scsa podcast.

But yall dudes were all on Leon Rose's nuts before he debuted. I told yall that damn gimmick was a failure to begin with.

Adam Rose just a weird dude man. Pointy ears, googly eyes, vampire teeth. Dudes just a weird weird man.

To me his gimmick is to troll and dance around the ring, then get his *** beat. He should be jobber status in no time.

Back
Top Bottom