Wrestling Thread May 5-18 | 5/16 Black Friday for WWE - Stock Price Crashes

WWE is planning on continuing the Evolution vs. The Shield feud at Payback. It's currently believed that the two teams will have another six-man tag team match, but there is talk of doing three singles matches between the members of each group. WWE is trying to find a way to make both teams look strong at the same time.

As previously reported, Daniel Bryan vs. Kane in a Buried Alive Match is also being discussed for the event. This could be a way to write Kane off of WWE TV, as he will be doing promotional work for See No Evil 2 during the summer and fall.

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt and Adam Rose vs. Jack Swagger are also rumored for WWE Payback.

Does Michael Lansberg still do Off the Record show with Wrestlers? There are SO many good ones on Youtube from late 98-2003.

View media item 959323
What a bad movie that's gonna be.

thats why i think they brought back his devils favorite demon character. to promote a stupid B rate movie thats going to be a straight to dvd release. smh. poor daniel bryan getting stuck in a storyline that wes craven wouldn't even approve of..

Last edited:
[h1]The 2014 NTWT "He Hate Me" Award Breakdown[/h1]
So I was bored today, and I tallied up everyone's bottom 5. Based on how you ranked them was how I decided what place vote to give them.

And...

NTWT's least liked wrestler of 2014 is....

Last edited:
-WWE has changed their mind regarding plans to break up The Shield. Apparently they won’t be going through with the break-up plans any time soon.

- WWE has changed other plans going forward. WWE, right now, is looking at the top four singles babyfaces for down the line to be John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Cesaro and Sheamus. This was the plan as of a little more than a week ago. The last time an internal list was made, Orton, Batista and Roman Reigns were near the top, right behind Cena and Bryan, with Sheamus as the big names planned as the top faces for down the line

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Last edited:
5/6/14 RAW ratings breakdown - TL;DR - Daniel Bryan is a huge draw

Quote:
[table][tr][td]WWE World Hvt. champion Daniel Bryan retained his position as WWE's top draw in the males 18-49 demographic Monday night on Raw.

During the main three hours of Raw (pre-overrun), Bryan's match with Alberto Del Rio included the most-watched minute of the show and delivered the highest quarter-hour rating.

The other top draw of the night was The Shield vs. The Wyatts six-man tag main event extending from Q12 to the overrun.

The overall show was down considerably from last week's Extreme Rules lead-in episode. By comparison, last week's Q1 scored a 2.28 rating and this week's Q1 scored a 1.65 rating the night after a PPV.

Raw Break Down - m18-49 demographic

- Overall: 1.89 rating / 1.187 million viewers

- Q1: Raw opened with a 1.65 rating for the first-half of the U.S. Title battle royal and one mid-match commercial.

- Q2: Raw increased to a 1.77 rating for the conclusion of the battle royal and one commercial. The peak audience was 1.330 million viewers at 8:18 p.m. just before the finish of the match.

- Q3: Raw fell back to a show-low 1.64 rating for two commercial breaks and the first-half of Rob Van Dam vs. Cesaro.

- Q4: Raw inched up to a 1.69 rating for the second-half of RVD-Cesaro, one commercial, and the first-half of Bray Wyatt's monologue.

- Q5: Raw got a slight top-of-the-hour bump to a 1.79 rating for the second-half of Bray's monologue, one commercial, and a full Cody Rhodes vs. Ryback singles match.

The match actually fared better than the end of Bray's monologue, as Bray peaked with 1.211 million viewers at 9:02 p.m. and five minutes of Cody-Ryback were above Bray's peak. The match peaked with 1.291 million viewers at the conclusion.

- Q6: Raw began a steady incline to a 1.81 rating for two full commercial breaks and Los Matadores & El Torito celebrating Cinco De Mayo.

The peak audience was 1.339 million viewers at 9:23 p.m. in-between two commercials.

- Q7: Raw increased to a 1.97 rating for Rusev's latest squash match, one commercial, and the continuation of Daniel Bryan & Brie Bella terrorized by Kane.

The match grazed 1.3 million viewers, then Bryan & Brie backstage hit 1.364 million viewers heading to break.

- Q8: Raw hit a show-high 2.10 rating for Daniel Bryan vs. Del Rio in the ring, plus one commercial. Included was Raw touching 1.4 million viewers for the first time in the show at 9:58 p.m.

- Q9: Raw slipped to a 2.01 rating at the top of the hour.

This was the product of the Bryan-Kane feud spilling over to the third hour, which included a show-high audience of 1.542 million viewers at 10:03 p.m. Raw then cut to break at 10:04 p.m. and lost a significant chunk of viewers on the other side of the break for the first-half of Wade Barrett vs. Big E.

- Q10: Raw fell to a 1.77 rating for two full commercials and the second-half of Barrett vs. Big E. The match's peak was 1.212 million viewers at 10:22 p.m.

- Q11: Raw re-built to a 1.91 rating for Zeb Colter setting up Adam Rose's debut, plus one commercial before the main event. The peak was 1.310 million viewers at 10:35 p.m. at the end of the debut.

- Q12: Raw jumped to a 2.09 rating for the first-half of Shield vs. Wyatts, plus one commercial. The peak was 1.414 million viewers at 10:56 p.m.

- Over-run: Raw finished strong - for this week - with a 2.35 rating for the end of the six-man tag main event and post-match beat down from Evolution.

The segment peaked at 11:03 p.m. with 1.562 million viewers when the match ended. During the post-match involving Evolution, Raw went down one stair-step, finishing with 1.451 million viewers at 11:06 p.m.

Caldwell's Analysis: Bryan is over, The Shield vs. The Wyatts is over, there's a gap in starpower when John Cena is off the show, and long-form matches that build to a conclusion are a draw if there is an established issue or something on the line. Unless it's Big E. vs. Wade Barrett for the IC Title, which suffered from audience indifference toward Big E. and WWE quickly trying to heat up Barrett and waiting for the audience to catch on.[/td][/tr][/table]

According to reports, a backstage altercation took place at this week’s WWE television tapings between Sheamus and Sin Cara.

There isn’t a lot in the way of details regarding the scuffle, except for the fact that one source claimed Sin Cara got the better of Sheamus.

(Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)
I'm surprised at this.. always thought that Sheamus was a nice guy in real life. his in ring character just seems so genuine and natural

Last edited:
-WWE has changed their mind regarding plans to break up The Shield. Apparently they won’t be going through with the break-up plans any time soon.

- WWE has changed other plans going forward. WWE, right now, is looking at the top four singles babyfaces for down the line to be John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Cesaro and Sheamus. This was the plan as of a little more than a week ago. The last time an internal list was made, Orton, Batista and Roman Reigns were near the top, right behind Cena and Bryan, with Sheamus as the big names planned as the top faces for down the line

why do they keep jammin sheamus down our throats. hes awful he does zero for me. i hate his voice his face his pale skin his stupid chinstrap orange beard. i hate it all.

why do they keep jammin sheamus down our throats. hes awful he does zero for me. i hate his voice his face his pale skin his stupid chinstrap orange beard. i hate it all.
Man you need to calm down.. hes not getting jammed down our throats nearly as much as john cena was. damn the hate for sheamus is just stupid over here.. hes very talented in the ring, has a good look, has some charisma, and he barely does any promos.. u dont like him? simply fast forward through his segments, not like he is hogging the spotlight or burying people.. he just put over wade barrett, batista, and big show clean! yeah, he beat dean ambrose for the championship, but honestly ambrose wasnt doing **** with that championship. sheamus is going to defend it more often and bring prestige back to it. and ambrose looked strong as hell in that battle royal

According to reports, a backstage altercation took place at this week’s WWE television tapings between Sheamus and Sin Cara.

There isn’t a lot in the way of details regarding the scuffle, except for the fact that one source claimed Sin Cara got the better of Sheamus.

(Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)
I'm surprised at this.. always thought that Sheamus was a nice guy in real life. his in ring character just seems so genuine and natural

Sheamus got his *** whooped by Yoshi Tatsu a couple years ago, and I didn't even have to finish this article to figure out HuniCara whooped his *** either. He may be more than solid in the ring and has put on matches I find enjoyable, but he's never been appealing except when he was just getting out of his losing streak way back. He's boring as ****, has mostly been boring as **** his whole career, and no, he's not bringing prestige back to the title.

[/4W]

THIS.

Man you need to calm down.. hes not getting jammed down our throats nearly as much as john cena was. damn the hate for sheamus is just stupid over here.. hes very talented in the ring, has a good look, has some charisma, and he barely does any promos.. u dont like him? simply fast forward through his segments, not like he is hogging the spotlight or burying people.. he just put over wade barrett, batista, and big show clean! yeah, he beat dean ambrose for the championship, but honestly ambrose wasnt doing **** with that championship. sheamus is going to defend it more often and bring prestige back to it. and ambrose looked strong as hell in that battle royal

i just dont like him. it isn't his choice to put people over. if he is being pushed as a top 4 babyface he eventually will stop putting people over. i still can't believe you said he'd be a legend by the end.. :smh:

Sheamus got his *** whooped by Yoshi Tatsu a couple years ago, and I didn't even have to finish this article to figure out HuniCara whooped his *** either. He may be more than solid in the ring and has put on matches I find enjoyable, but he's never been appealing except when he was just getting out of his losing streak way back. He's boring as ****, has mostly been boring as **** his whole career, and no, he's not bringing prestige back to the title.

[/4W]
Like you can predict the future man.. obviously HHH loves him, so hes going to pay attentino to sheamus, and whatever is associated with sheamus, hhh is gonna pay attention to. therefore hes going to defend it more often

Yeah.. I only like Sheamus as a heel.. He's mad corny as a face...
Sheamus is good as both. As a face, he can be badass. its just the booking team that doesnt make him badass. they turn him into cena 2.0 when they should be turning him into a barbaric warrior

Like you can predict the future man.. obviously HHH loves him, so hes going to pay attentino to sheamus, and whatever is associated with sheamus, hhh is gonna pay attention to. therefore hes going to defend it more often

i agree with him being triple H boy, but what kind of prestige does the US title need when they are ignoring the number 2 title in the company? we need prestige back to the IC title before they even think about the us title.

i agree with him being triple H boy, but what kind of prestige does the US title need when they are ignoring the number 2 title in the company? we need prestige back to the IC title before they even think about the us title.
maybe they are going to unify it. i heard a report a  few months ago that they planned on unifying the mid card belts with deam ambrose vs big e langston match. maybe they will do a wade barett vs sheamus match for unification. its possible because barrett just beat sheamus clean a few weeks ago. sheamus could get his win back.

10296486_449120385191757_4013957836883136340_o.jpg

maybe they are going to unify it. i heard a report a  few months ago that they planned on unifying the mid card belts with deam ambrose vs big e langston match. maybe they will do a wade barett vs sheamus match for unification. its possible because barrett just beat sheamus clean a few weeks ago. sheamus could get his win back.

they tried this before didnt they? i just dont get the point of avoiding the champions in the company.

but here is a little bit of eric bischoff on SCSA podcast...

Eric Bischoff recently appeared on The Steve Austin Show. Here are some highlights…

On The Rumors of WCW Being Shut Down In The Early 1990's: "What I saw from my perspective was that Turner Corporate was tired of [wrestling] politics. They tried the Jim Herd experiment. That didn't work. They tried a couple of other variations of Jim Herd. They tried Kip Frey. That was a disaster. They tried all these different variations of management and leadership and I knew that Turner Corp. - I don't remember who told me - but I had gotten word that they were considering pulling the plug. (pause) I said, 'If they pull the plug, I'm going back to Minneapolis.' So, I threw my name in the hat. I had heard they were looking for an executive producer - they tried the Bill Watts thing - and they wanted to get away from wrestling people. They wanted someone to run the company who understood the entertainment business, but wasn't so entrenched in wrestling that they were sucked into the politics of it."

On Pitching Himself To Turner Executives: "I was passionate and I felt it. I believed in it. I believed in myself. I've been passionate about wrestling since I was a little kid and I was passionate about my approach to it. And the solution that I had, especially given that Turner had identified as their problem, which was not wanting any more wrestling guys running a television company. So, it worked."

On His Vision To Make WCW The Top Wrestling Promotion In The World: "The vision was to broaden it because - if you go back in time and look at what WCW was and where it existed in that moment of time where I had that opportunity, it was considered a very small, third-rate, kind of Southern, hereditary aspects of the NWA and Crocket regional promotion, and they were trying to compete with the WWF at the time. So, if you want to compete at their level, you have to be able to play at their level. So, my approach was to mainstream it and to make it feel bigger and make it feel more mainstream and less regional."

Ol'lucky charms is horrible as a face..
come on man did you not read the rest of my post? do you have reading comprehensino or a.d.d issues? i clearly said he is good as a face if he can be a barbaric warriror. man u make no sense

Last edited:
CmPunk officially loves Sheamus
of course i do.. people complain about his "superman" booking, when in reality he isnt booked that strong. when is the last time he had a MEANINGFUL win? probably on monday night raw.. ok, what about before that? exactly.. he hasnt had that many memorable wins. hes always booked in pointless midcard feuds. thats WHY he is so protected and barely loses, because when youre in the mid card doing nothing, a established star like sheamus should be protected to preserve his credibility. what do u guys want him to do? job to mid carders weekly? that would turn him into another chris jericho.. then his losses would mean nothing and wouldnt put any one over. the reason he wins so much is because he only beats mid carders. stop complaining just skip through ihs segments if u dont like him. hes not john cna, he doesnt hog the spotlight

Ol'lucky charms is horrible as a face..
come on man did you not read the rest of my post? do you have reading comprehensino or a.d.d issues? i clearly said he is good as a face if he can be a barbaric warriror. man u make no sense

I could be a star basketball player if I was a foot taller... John Cena could be a bomb heel if they let him... Cm punk and Daniel Bryan could wrestle 2 hour Wm main event if they let them.. I could **** Rhianna for days at a time if I had some ghb.. What's your point?...

Back
Top Bottom