Wrestling Thread May 20-26 | 5/23 Owen Hart Fell to His Death 14 Years Ago Today

Ok, so Curtis Axel is HHH's main man right? Yet during Superstars before Raw...

Sin Cara def. Michael McGillicutty via Senton Bomb
roll.gif

And for 4w...

Cody Rhodes def. Alex Riley via Disaster Kick

The funniest thing is that based on the report I read, Alex Riley is still very over, and it's been what, like 2 years since he's been on tv? LOL
lol At this point Miz and Riley need to join backup and compete in the tag team division vs the Prime Time Players and Usos etc for a shot at The Shield.

I'm going to put my app in. I'm 100% confident I can put some solid stuff together.
Legit question, how do you get a job writing for the WWE? It's my dream to turn that place around and make it relevant and consistently watchable again. I could write better **** sober.

listening to the MLW podcast, MSL said he was actually offered a job, not sure if it was for creative or in a wrestling/manager capacity but he said the money was a big reason why he didnt take the job. the cost of living in stanford is high and probably just living check by check.

wonder why MSL doesnt comment much on the wrestling threads.

Need to be in Iran right now, BOOOM! (MLW podcast reference)

- Depending on whether or not The Rock decides to return to wrestling, Brock Lesnar may begin a feud with either Rock or The Undertaker for WrestleMania XXX.

It turns out that the spot on RAW a few weeks ago where Lesnar stopped and stared at a poster of The Rock wasn’t scripted by WWE officials. Apparently that was Lesnar “going into business for himself.”

While nobody knows if The Rock will return yet, Vince McMahon and others in the company feel that he will be feeling better this fall and agree to work WrestleMania XXX against Lesnar.

- The current plan is for Randy Orton vs. Sheamus to be a featured match at this year’s SummerSlam pay-per-view, meaning one of them would have to turn heel soon. Orton has been rumored to turn heel for about a year now.

- There was talk at Sunday’s Extreme Rules pay-per-view that Randy Orton’s punt kick was a one-time thing for the gimmick pay-per-view and for Orton’s appearance before the hometown crowd. With Orton not using the move on Monday’s RAW, the feeling is it was more than likely just a special spot for the pay-per-view.

- The recent New York Post article on Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer made the rounds backstage in WWE with some of the wrestlers remarking that Meltzer’s office looked exactly as they figured it would – a mess.

- Representing WWE, Jim Ross will be meeting with officials from the NFL Players Association in Washington, DC. Ross is looking to develop a working relationship that could see the NFLPA send players whose football aspirations have ended to WWE for tryouts.

Ross told Alex Marvez and Jim Miller on their SiriusXM NFL Radio show Tuesday night:

“Everybody doesn’t make the 53-man roster. Some guys are going to be looking for work, and we’ve got some job openings. Maybe we can put the synergies of those two entities together and create something wonderful some day.”

Possible injury at the SD tapings

- For what it’s worth, two people at last night’s SmackDown tapings in Omaha, Nebraska noted that one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Roman Reigns may have been injured in the main event.

Apparently Reigns tweaked his ankle during a six-man tag match with The Shield vs. Randy Orton, Big Show and Kofi Kingston. Reigns started limping after a spot with Orton on the ring apron.

Reigns was seen limping around the ring during the end of the match and was helped to the back by a referee right after the finish. A post-show beatdown by the babyfaces took place but only Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins were involved.

Smackdown and Main Event Spoilers
For Main Event on Wednesday:

Alberto Del Rio b Big E Langston in your even Steven booking match.  Del Roi won with a roll-up

Usos b Drew McIntyre & Jinder Mahal - Ryback came out, detroyed Heath Slater, put him in the ambulance and it drove away.

If you're asking about the advertised Wade Barrett vs. Sin Cara title match.  Well, plans changed.

Smackdown

The always entertaining Miz opened the show with Fandango.  Miz said Fandango looked like Fruity Pebbles.  I mean, seriously.  Wade Barrett came out and wasn't happy about Fandango walking out on him Monday night.  But it build up for Barrett vs Miz for the IC title.

Miz b Barrett via DQ.  Fandango was at ringside and started dancing.  He ended up attacking Miz so Miz won via DQ.  Barrett wasn't happy about this.  Looks like a three-way program.

Daniel Bryan b Jack Swagger with the No lock  

Damien Sandow was doing an interview.   Sheamus came out and Sheamus ended up throwing interviewer Matt Striker on Sandow.

Chris Jericho b Big Show via count out.  Show was thrown over the barricade.

Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel did an interview.  Heyman said Axel would be successful just like Brock Lesnar and C.M. Punk.  Axel said that he put HHH out of action and he's already accomplished more in his career than either his father or grandfather did.

Curtis Axel b Sin Cara

Kofi Kingston b Dean Ambrose via DQ in the U.S. title match when Rollins and Reigns interfered.  Randy Orton and Sheamus came out for the save.  Teddy Long then ordered a six-man.

Shield b Orton & Sheamus & Kingston when Ambrose pinned Kingston

Legit question, how do you get a job writing for the WWE? It's my dream to turn that place around and make it relevant and consistently watchable again. I could write better **** sober.

Good question, I've thought about applying as well just as something to say I've done. Would be a fun experience to at least right about later on.

I'm going to put my app in. I'm 100% confident I can put some solid stuff together.
Be prepared to work 100 hours a week, be underpaid, and be belittled in front of your peers by upper management.

Oh, and expect to be fired/quit in about 6-8 months.

WWE regularly posts jobs on sites like Monster.

Alberto Del Rio b Big E Langston in your even Steven booking match.  Del Roi won with a roll-up

Usos b Drew McIntyre & Jinder Mahal - Ryback came out, detroyed Heath Slater, put him in the ambulance and it drove away.

If you're asking about the advertised Wade Barrett vs. Sin Cara title match.  Well, plans changed.

Smackdown

The always entertaining Miz opened the show with Fandango.  Miz said Fandango looked like Fruity Pebbles.  I mean, seriously.  Wade Barrett came out and wasn't happy about Fandango walking out on him Monday night.  But it build up for Barrett vs Miz for the IC title.

Miz b Barrett via DQ.  Fandango was at ringside and started dancing.  He ended up attacking Miz so Miz won via DQ.  Barrett wasn't happy about this.  Looks like a three-way program.

Damien Sandow was doing an interview.   Sheamus came out and Sheamus ended up throwing interviewer Matt Striker on Sandow.

Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel did an interview.  Heyman said Axel would be successful just like Brock Lesnar and C.M. Punk.  Axel said that he put HHH out of action and he's already accomplished more in his career than either his father or grandfather did.

Curtis Axel b Sin Cara

Kofi Kingston b Dean Ambrose via DQ in the U.S. title match when Rollins and Reigns interfered.  Randy Orton and Sheamus came out for the save.  Teddy Long then ordered a six-man.

Swagdango getting the gold :smokin

Smackdown

Curtis Axel b Sin Cara

Swagdango getting the gold
smokin.gif
teddy long
roll.gif
. WE GON HAVE A TAG TEAM MATCH!

That injury :stoneface: hopefully that's something that just heals like normal and isnt serious

Last edited:
NFL players would make more as practice players than they would in the WWE. Not sure why they'd quit unless they were absolutely done with football.

When in doubt, make a tag team match

Last edited:
- We noted before that the plan for the Triple H concussion storyline was for Stephanie McMahon, Vince McMahon, and possibly their children, to eventually appear on RAW and talk Triple H out of wrestling again. Another source says several different ideas are being discussed and nothing is certain yet.

- There is said to be no laid out program for Brock Lesnar now that the feud with Triple H is over. Some people in the know within WWE are strongly speculating that WWE goes with a babyface CM Punk vs. Lesnar much sooner than later, with the idea of Heyman turning on Punk.

- Former WWE developmental head Tom Prichard, who was released when Triple H brought in his own crew, wasn’t happy about the WWE releases last week. He tweeted:

“Guys trust me; Karma gets everybody. From the ‘Lil Napolean to the Volleyball expert. Time will tell… Those who KNOW ‘know’ who Napolean and Mr. Volleyball are. ‘Nuff said. And I have no dog in this fight. But facts are FACTS!”

“Volleyball expert” refers to Triple H hire Canyon Ceman. The Napoleon jab refers to Matt Martlaro. He was nicknamed Napoleon by talents in WWE developmental because he started with them in Florida and once he started working for Triple H, the feeling was he started treating everyone differently and became unbearable.

It’s said that morale is at an all-time low in WWE developmental, according to one person. Another described it as at a mixed level. Prichard was much more liked as head trainer than Bill DeMott is. A lot of people are also being cautiously optimistic regarding the move to Orlando for the new WWE Performance Center.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- As noted, the May 20th WWE RAW did a 2.97 cable rating for 4.32 million viewers.

In the segment breakdown, Chris Jericho and The Miz vs. Fandango and Wade Barrett lost 360,000 viewers. Sheamus vs. Titus O’Neil gained 206,000, which is a very good gain for a match like that. Paul Heyman introducing Curtis Axel gained 365,000 viewers. The rest of that segment with Triple H coming out gained 13,000 viewers at 9pm for a 3.10 quarter rating.

Big E Langston vs. Alberto Del Rio and Layla vs. AJ Lee lost 47,000 viewers but that could be considered a success. Cody Rhodes vs. Zack Ryder and Ryback’s appearance lost 358,000 viewers. Kofi Kingston, Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. The Shield in their lengthy match gained 290,000 viewers for a 3.03 quarter rating.

Randy Orton vs. Jack Swagger gained 237,000 viewers. The main event with Triple H vs. Curtis Axel gained 551,000 viewers for a 3.44 quarter rating in the overrun.

Back
Top Bottom