Wrestling Thread June 13-19/ Money In The Bank Sunday/Survey On Page 1

King suspended indefinitely for domestic violence arrest.

Apparently threatened her with unloaded gun and put hands on her and vice versa.

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) -
Wrestling legend Jerry "The King" Lawler is behind bars, accused of domestic assault.

Friday morning, Memphis Police Department put him and his fiancée in jail.

Lawler spoke to WMC Action News 5 from the jailhouse via telephone.

It's a case of he said, she said where both Lawler and his fiancée, Lauryn McBride, ended up as victim and suspect.

McBride, 27, has lived with Lawler, 66, for five years. She said they both got into an argument, and it turned violent.

She said Lawler held her against the kitchen counter, hit her in the head, pushed her against the stove, put a gun on the kitchen counter, and told her to "go ahead and kill yourself."

Lawler said he came back from a wrestling event ironically labeled, "A Night in the Slammer" to find his fiancée drunk following a party where she and her friends watched Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

"When she drinks we get into a little bit of a shouting match and then she wants to leave," Lawler said over the phone from the jailhouse. "I was not going to let her leave in the car, because she was not in any condition to drive. She got more and more upset."

Lawler told police McBride scratched him in the face, threw a candle at him, and kicked him in the groin. He said she was drunk when she told him she knew where the gun was and threatened to kill herself.

On the phone, Lawler was more reserved about what happened.

"It's just an unfortunate situation. Nobody was hit and nobody was hurt. It's just something that happened as a result of drinking too much," Lawler said.

Memphis police officers said they were unable to determine if Lawler or McBride was the primary aggressor in the case, so they arrested both McBride and Lawler.

WWE released a statement on its website saying, "WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, and per our policy, Jerry Lawler has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest."

"It's an unfortunate situation as a result of someone drinking too much. I'm saddened by it and hope we can get past this," Lawler said when asked to give a message to his fans learning about the arrests.

You're obviously too young to remember Brain and Gorilla doing commentary..

Btw, who are you?..

Nah man you're obviously wrong in your assumption. I'm in my 30's so I definitely remember Heenan and Gorilla. Not taking anything away from them. Even Mcmahon as an announcer was dope. But for my money, I like Ross and Lawler. Ross has that Gus Johnson style. Gets hyped but it works .Lawler is the classic heel announcer and his jokes are actually funny to me.

Btw, asking who I am..??? That comes off like a guy who lives on a thread and is cool with the other regulars posting but doesn't like when a new name starts posting.

You're obviously too young to remember Brain and Gorilla doing commentary..

Btw, who are you?..

Nah man you're obviously wrong in your assumption. I'm in my 30's so I definitely remember Heenan and Gorilla. Not taking anything away from them. Even Mcmahon as an announcer was dope. But for my money, I like Ross and Lawler. Ross has that Gus Johnson style. Gets hyped but it works .Lawler is the classic heel announcer and his jokes are actually funny to me.

Btw, asking who I am..??? That comes off like a guy who lives on a thread and is cool with the other regulars posting but doesn't like when a new name starts posting.

Welcome to the thread

Shot fired?

Or maybe the old cripple just wanted to get to know you jobber.

Last edited:
If you’re going to argue that Rose was a first class heel, and that being a heel made watching him play enjoyable you can’t also get upset when someone tells the guy to eat ****. Here’s the thing, I agree with you! Heels make watching sports fun, and it’s even better when they can play the game well. Pete Rose is an *******, that’s what made him so much fun to watch. Pete Rose Can Eat **** is a testament to that. It is also a fact that Ichiro is almost certainly a better baseball player.

Read him like a book.

Lawler is 66 and still trying to act 25 huh?

View media item 2071898

Read him like a book.

:rofl: :rofl:

It's like if Carlito had spit in Ric Flair's face after Flair had ran him down, instead of turning and walking away

Am I the only one who died at 2:30?

Is this real life?

This is like that Boondocks episode 
laugh.gif

Does anyone have a link to the full Al Snow shoot interview?

I only see clips here and there. Thanks fam.

Back
Top Bottom