Wrestling Thread July 25-31 | 7/27 - Cena Wins WWE Title, Cena vs Punk @ SummerSlam to Unify Titles

Originally Posted by 650sGABE

Is there a site where I can watch full length episodes of RAW/Smackdown? I want to rewatch an event I went to back in like '01.

EDIT: NVM..I didn't think youtube would have full shows that far back

EDIT #2: Mannnnnn I was 11 when I went to this
eek.gif
I was gassed when I opened my Christmas gift and find tickets to go this night. I remember marking out seeing the Dudleys, the Hardys, K-Kwik...before he was Ron "The Truth" Killings.. booing the Right To Censor
laugh.gif
But when The Rock's music dropped?! Whaaat, $!%@ was bananas!
pimp.gif
I even made a sign that said "SHUTUP" on it, hoping I'd get on TV when Vince did his promo.
roll.gif
i started watching this smackdown cause of this link and it was a dope show. the roster was so deep at this moment

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

Dave Meltzer gave the Cena/Punk match 5 stars in this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Meltzer hasn't given a WWF/E match 5 stars since 1997.

It's only the fifth WWF/E match to receive that rating.

What?Undertaker vs HBK @ Wrestlemania 25.. didn't get a five star rating. .
I can understand the five stars. As great a match as HBK/Taker I was, it was an isolated program with no championship on the line and had no long-term effects on the company. The Punk/Cena match was for the biggest title in the business and the fact that, at least in storyline, the lineal WWE championship was cut off as a result, justifies the five stars IMO.

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

Dave Meltzer gave the Cena/Punk match 5 stars in this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Meltzer hasn't given a WWF/E match 5 stars since 1997.

It's only the fifth WWF/E match to receive that rating.

What?Undertaker vs HBK @ Wrestlemania 25.. didn't get a five star rating. .
I can understand the five stars. As great a match as HBK/Taker I was, it was an isolated program with no championship on the line and had no long-term effects on the company. The Punk/Cena match was for the biggest title in the business and the fact that, at least in storyline, the lineal WWE championship was cut off as a result, justifies the five stars IMO.

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

has been crazy

wwe needs to do two more things to make this better

1. bring the cruiserweight/ light heavyweight division back.

2. bring back kurt angle

Yes. Would love to see more Evan Bourne vs Sin Cara. So much potential for great matches. And if the wwe is going to have women's matches they should also bring back bra and panties matches lol

has been crazy

wwe needs to do two more things to make this better

1. bring the cruiserweight/ light heavyweight division back.

2. bring back kurt angle

Yes. Would love to see more Evan Bourne vs Sin Cara. So much potential for great matches. And if the wwe is going to have women's matches they should also bring back bra and panties matches lol

Originally Posted by doyung9

Someone who follows closely, I'd like an opinion.

Do you think WWE merchandise sales would suffer if they tried to REALLY turn Cena heel? I mean, it sounds like half the crowd, definitely the older side of it, hates him anyway? Even when he's trying not to sound cliche, he does. I'd really consider tuning in more often if he ditched the head to toe matching gear and didn't seem like such a billboard. Even when DX/Stone Cold/Rocky were all "selling" they didn't seem so blatant. Dude has on a hat/sweatband/armband/armband/t-shirt combo.

I haven't followed wrestling closely in a good 10 years but I've been a fan for a good 25 years now.. so I'm trying to digest all of this from a historical perspective.
I think Cena's major heel run can only happen once. It's gotta be a heel turn of Hollywood (Hogan) proportions. And the thing is, the adult-skewing fans that currently boo him will probably welcome this change. Dude's being the good corporate merchandise-selling employee right now but I think we'll definitely see his full potential as a performer when he's allowed to go heel. I can't speak for others but as a child, I lovvvved Hogan as much as kids probably love Cena right now. And his heel turn was devastating. So will Cena's (to the children who buy his gear, etc...) and I think the WWE knows that too. I fully believe they'll be driving the direction of the company around his heel turn (ie, the main over-arching storyline for an entire season or two).

Not entirely sure how long Punk's gonna be gone but I think there's at least a larger themed establishment (old guard) vs anti-establishment (new guard) battle ahead. HHH vs Punk. Rock vs Cena. Cena's heel turn can be organic. He's doesn't need to turn "evil." He can just decide to ditch the corporate shilling / movie making / brand pushing and decide he wants to just wrestle.

Edit: Damn it. I've typed that all out and Cena would still be a face. Well, I'm stumped. How to turn him heel without it feeling forced...

Do you think WWE merchandise sales would suffer if they tried to REALLY turn Cena heel? I mean, it sounds like half the crowd, definitely the older side of it, hates him anyway? Even when he's trying not to sound cliche, he does. I'd really consider tuning in more often if he ditched the head to toe matching gear and didn't seem like such a billboard. Even when DX/Stone Cold/Rocky were all "selling" they didn't seem so blatant. Dude has on a hat/sweatband/armband/armband/t-shirt combo.

I haven't followed wrestling closely in a good 10 years but I've been a fan for a good 25 years now.. so I'm trying to digest all of this from a historical perspective.
I think Cena's major heel run can only happen once. It's gotta be a heel turn of Hollywood (Hogan) proportions. And the thing is, the adult-skewing fans that currently boo him will probably welcome this change. Dude's being the good corporate merchandise-selling employee right now but I think we'll definitely see his full potential as a performer when he's allowed to go heel. I can't speak for others but as a child, I lovvvved Hogan as much as kids probably love Cena right now. And his heel turn was devastating. So will Cena's (to the children who buy his gear, etc...) and I think the WWE knows that too. I fully believe they'll be driving the direction of the company around his heel turn (ie, the main over-arching storyline for an entire season or two).

Not entirely sure how long Punk's gonna be gone but I think there's at least a larger themed establishment (old guard) vs anti-establishment (new guard) battle ahead. HHH vs Punk. Rock vs Cena. Cena's heel turn can be organic. He's doesn't need to turn "evil." He can just decide to ditch the corporate shilling / movie making / brand pushing and decide he wants to just wrestle.

Edit: Damn it. I've typed that all out and Cena would still be a face. Well, I'm stumped. How to turn him heel without it feeling forced...

-- The Record in Mexico has pulled their interview with Sin Cara discussing his WWE Wellness Policy suspension. Word is that WWE was not happy at all that he was discussing the issue publicly, especially the claim that he did not understand why he was suspended.

-- John Cena is trying to talk boxer Monte Barrett into becoming a WWE wrestler.

-- Good Humor continues to respond to fan requests for the return of the WWE Ice Cream bars. Unfortunately for those interested, they still have no plans to make the ice cream bars.

-- The Record in Mexico has pulled their interview with Sin Cara discussing his WWE Wellness Policy suspension. Word is that WWE was not happy at all that he was discussing the issue publicly, especially the claim that he did not understand why he was suspended.

-- John Cena is trying to talk boxer Monte Barrett into becoming a WWE wrestler.

-- Good Humor continues to respond to fan requests for the return of the WWE Ice Cream bars. Unfortunately for those interested, they still have no plans to make the ice cream bars.

lol at the ice cream bars
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

anyways
so i watched the best of nitro on netflix and i was watching ddp fight mark star and how he used the diamond cutter on him was
pimp.gif

and i remembere when i was a kid he would always pop that diamond cutter out of nowhere.

man only if randy orton would do the same with that move.

but anyways ddp's in ring ability was
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

anyways
so i watched the best of nitro on netflix and i was watching ddp fight mark star and how he used the diamond cutter on him was
pimp.gif

and i remembere when i was a kid he would always pop that diamond cutter out of nowhere.

but anyways ddp's in ring ability was
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

laugh.gif
Now you know what WWE writing goes through.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

laugh.gif
Now you know what WWE writing goes through.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

anyways
pimp.gif

but anyways ddp in ring ability was
pimp.gif

QFT the diamond cutter came out of nowhere... I used to love when he would catch dudes jumping off the rope.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

anyways
pimp.gif

but anyways ddp in ring ability was
pimp.gif

QFT the diamond cutter came out of nowhere... I used to love when he would catch dudes jumping off the rope.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

HEADS UP! CM PUNK MAY BE ON BILL SIMMONS' "BS Report" LATER TODAY: From Simmons' twitter (@sportsguy33) 2 hours ago.

Hopefully taping a podcast with @cmpunk today. He's MIA with the WWE belt but in SoCal apparently. Also: new column coming this afternoon.

HEADS UP! CM PUNK MAY BE ON BILL SIMMONS' "BS Report" LATER TODAY: From Simmons' twitter (@sportsguy33) 2 hours ago.

Hopefully taping a podcast with @cmpunk today. He's MIA with the WWE belt but in SoCal apparently. Also: new column coming this afternoon.

Also, Punk's at Comic Con. WWE's at Comic Con.

Should we expect any kind of confrontation? I'm thinking no. But that would be rad.

Also, Punk's at Comic Con. WWE's at Comic Con.

Should we expect any kind of confrontation? I'm thinking no. But that would be rad.

Back
Top Bottom