Wrestling Thread July 25-31 | 7/27 - Cena Wins WWE Title, Cena vs Punk @ SummerSlam to Unify Titles

You guys can keep the comedy and gimmick names. WCW was doing "real" names and no one complained. Rey Mysterio, Arn Anderson, Ric Flair, Chris Jericho, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Bill Goldberg, etc. No one cares about that stuff. They want what they paid for which are good matches.

This Raw for me was very good because it had nothing but wrestling which has sorely lacked from MNR for years now. I could get used to this w/ a promo at the beginning of the show.

30t6p3b.gif
Darren Rovell is a bonafide idiot. This was a storyline. Their stock can't get any worse than what it is right now. You could buy 100 shares of WWE stock right now and not see a dent because that's how cheap it is.

You guys can keep the comedy and gimmick names. WCW was doing "real" names and no one complained. Rey Mysterio, Arn Anderson, Ric Flair, Chris Jericho, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Bill Goldberg, etc. No one cares about that stuff. They want what they paid for which are good matches.

This Raw for me was very good because it had nothing but wrestling which has sorely lacked from MNR for years now. I could get used to this w/ a promo at the beginning of the show.

30t6p3b.gif
Darren Rovell is a bonafide idiot. This was a storyline. Their stock can't get any worse than what it is right now. You could buy 100 shares of WWE stock right now and not see a dent because that's how cheap it is.

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

^^^^^^

your acting like if wcw didnt have any segments or gimicks
When did I say it didn't? If you take a look at the page prior to this, HBW made a post about getting rid of real names and bringing back gimmicks. Real names have always been a part of wrestling especially the WWF/E dating as far back to Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat, Harley Race, Jimmy "the Superfly" Snuka and Dusty Rhodes just to name a few.

I never said to get rid of segments. I'm tired of comedy segments from Santino, Hornswoggle and others. You can keep that. Cut promos down to two a night and bring back more wrestling. There's no reason that we should get an average of 30 minutes of actual ring time per Raw because of stupid promos.

Read before you comment.

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

^^^^^^

your acting like if wcw didnt have any segments or gimicks
When did I say it didn't? If you take a look at the page prior to this, HBW made a post about getting rid of real names and bringing back gimmicks. Real names have always been a part of wrestling especially the WWF/E dating as far back to Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat, Harley Race, Jimmy "the Superfly" Snuka and Dusty Rhodes just to name a few.

I never said to get rid of segments. I'm tired of comedy segments from Santino, Hornswoggle and others. You can keep that. Cut promos down to two a night and bring back more wrestling. There's no reason that we should get an average of 30 minutes of actual ring time per Raw because of stupid promos.

Read before you comment.

I'm all for promos and segments.  because obviously it enhances the storylines and makes the matches compelling.  I think they should bring back the promos when there would be a match with x vs y and on the uper left hand side, you had the wrestler that wrestle x was fueding with give a promo.  You gotta keep your audition satiated in more ways than one, especially this new generation where DVR and TiVo exists. 

I'm all for promos and segments.  because obviously it enhances the storylines and makes the matches compelling.  I think they should bring back the promos when there would be a match with x vs y and on the uper left hand side, you had the wrestler that wrestle x was fueding with give a promo.  You gotta keep your audition satiated in more ways than one, especially this new generation where DVR and TiVo exists. 

furell

sorry about that

i missunderstood

i thought you were talking about the attitude era

but i do agree with you on santino and hornswoggle

it bothers me that they give santino this character which i think is not funny.

they should give him that underdog roll they gave him when he first popped in the scene when he beat umaga for the intercontinental belt.

furell

sorry about that

i missunderstood

i thought you were talking about the attitude era

but i do agree with you on santino and hornswoggle

it bothers me that they give santino this character which i think is not funny.

they should give him that underdog roll they gave him when he first popped in the scene when he beat umaga for the intercontinental belt.

30t6p3b.gif
Darren Rovell is a bonafide idiot.
Pretty much.
laugh.gif

And how many of the Divas has Punk run through?
laugh.gif

Speaking of Punk, isn't he suppose to be on the Bill Simmons podcast this week?

30t6p3b.gif
Darren Rovell is a bonafide idiot.
Pretty much.
laugh.gif

And how many of the Divas has Punk run through?
laugh.gif

Speaking of Punk, isn't he suppose to be on the Bill Simmons podcast this week?

Originally Posted by likethematrix

if the wwe can get away from the reality tv type drama and go back to sex and comedy... they would win again.

when the rock, stone cold and mankind were all on the roster... every single show was hilarious.
remember when mr. socko visited vince in the hospital?
thats when vince was the man.

can we get back to that?
funny wrestlers?

most of these guys go out wrestling tryiing to be a regular person.
dont no one give a %%%% about cm punks real life.

No No No, Wrong , Wrong, Wrong.

God Damnit are you wrong.

If WWE went back to sex and comedy, they would fail epically.

The Rock, SCSA, and Mankind are charismatic, entertaining people, that's why they were hilarious. If someone is funny, people will laugh at them. You can't write a comedy segment and throw someone in there who isn't funny, and expect it to be a success. Have you not been watching the WWE the past few years?

And sex does not sell in wrestling anymore. It worked in the Attitude Era because it was the 90's. Being edgy and controversial was in (South Park, WWF, Eminem, Spring Break etc.). It's not the same today.

I'd much rather hear about CM Punk's real life than see Mae Young give birth to a hand, Dawn Marie try to bang Torrie Wilson's dad, or Kurt Angle try to rape Booker T's wife.

30t6p3b.gif

if the wwe can get away from the reality tv type drama and go back to sex and comedy... they would win again.

when the rock, stone cold and mankind were all on the roster... every single show was hilarious.

can we get back to that?
funny wrestlers?

The Rock, SCSA, and Mankind are charismatic, entertaining people, that's why they were hilarious. If someone is funny, people will laugh at them. You can't write a comedy segment and throw someone in there who isn't funny, and expect it to be a success. Have you not been watching the WWE the past few years?

And sex does not sell in wrestling anymore. It worked in the Attitude Era because it was the 90's. Being edgy and controversial was in (South Park, WWF, Eminem, Spring Break etc.). It's not the same today.

I'd much rather hear about CM Punk's real life than see Mae Young give birth to a hand, Dawn Marie try to bang Torrie Wilson's dad, or Kurt Angle try to rape Booker T's wife.

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by YardFather

can we get back to that?
funny wrestlers?

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by YardFather

can we get back to that?
funny wrestlers?

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

The Attitude era wwf lets say 1999 had weak wrestling but strong storylines...people only remember Stone cold, the rock, mankind etc
those undercards used to be trash for the most part...a lot of trash Mideon, Billy Gunn, Chyna, Big Bossman, mean street posse, Test sucked compared to Benoit, Malenko, Guerrero, Saturn, Booker T, Mysterio

Raw got 100x better when they dumped the shock tv and T&A trash and had better wrestling...at the end of the day good matches >> *

The Attitude era wwf lets say 1999 had weak wrestling but strong storylines...people only remember Stone cold, the rock, mankind etc
those undercards used to be trash for the most part...a lot of trash Mideon, Billy Gunn, Chyna, Big Bossman, mean street posse, Test sucked compared to Benoit, Malenko, Guerrero, Saturn, Booker T, Mysterio

Raw got 100x better when they dumped the shock tv and T&A trash and had better wrestling...at the end of the day good matches >> *

Most of the classic matches from the Attitude Era had some sort of gimmick attached to it, unlike the New Generation before that.

Most of the classic matches from the Attitude Era had some sort of gimmick attached to it, unlike the New Generation before that.

Originally Posted by biff lawson

Whoa buddy, slow down with the BA trashing. The NAO were easily one of the most entertaining tag teams of that era. If you wanna trash the Bromance storyline with him, by all means, but not when he and Road Dogg were running *+#.

Originally Posted by biff lawson

Whoa buddy, slow down with the BA trashing. The NAO were easily one of the most entertaining tag teams of that era. If you wanna trash the Bromance storyline with him, by all means, but not when he and Road Dogg were running *+#.

Back
Top Bottom