Wrestling Thread July 25-31 | 7/27 - Cena Wins WWE Title, Cena vs Punk @ SummerSlam to Unify Titles

Glad CM Punk is back on TV, the angle was good but never even close to real and WWE was never gonna play it that hard anyway. Yall can complain about him coming back too soon but frankly Raw is boring as hell w/ him gone. Punk needs to beat Cena again at Summer slam and move on to a new feud. Cena does not need the belt and it's wasted on him.

I hope bringing JR back means Cole goes heel on the mic again, they should have never toned him down.

Glad CM Punk is back on TV, the angle was good but never even close to real and WWE was never gonna play it that hard anyway. Yall can complain about him coming back too soon but frankly Raw is boring as hell w/ him gone. Punk needs to beat Cena again at Summer slam and move on to a new feud. Cena does not need the belt and it's wasted on him.

I hope bringing JR back means Cole goes heel on the mic again, they should have never toned him down.

I think any Cena heel turn will consist of him tweaking the gimmick to being I live to be the wwe champ, vs I live to entertain the fans.
Wanting to be the champ vs just in general being happy to entertain makes the character more realistic, but it also if he can pull it off make him a heel.
CM Punk had to come back for tonights raw. He had to I almost predicted it would be this week last week.
And now it has to be punk poping in once or twice a month until he loses the belt.
Something to do with noone else being willing to sanction a WWE title match
Put a dollar amount on how much Punk is being paid per match.
So Punk beats Cena at SS, and Tripps has trouble getting Punk to commit to Night of Champions cause Punk wants more money. Punk is going to continue to come to Raw and foil any plans of getting a new champ crowned.
Since that story line will be dull after night of champions Punk is back full time after NOC but in the mean time CENA is heel

I think any Cena heel turn will consist of him tweaking the gimmick to being I live to be the wwe champ, vs I live to entertain the fans.
Wanting to be the champ vs just in general being happy to entertain makes the character more realistic, but it also if he can pull it off make him a heel.
CM Punk had to come back for tonights raw. He had to I almost predicted it would be this week last week.
And now it has to be punk poping in once or twice a month until he loses the belt.
Something to do with noone else being willing to sanction a WWE title match
Put a dollar amount on how much Punk is being paid per match.
So Punk beats Cena at SS, and Tripps has trouble getting Punk to commit to Night of Champions cause Punk wants more money. Punk is going to continue to come to Raw and foil any plans of getting a new champ crowned.
Since that story line will be dull after night of champions Punk is back full time after NOC but in the mean time CENA is heel

Anyone going to Wells Fargo tonight for Smackdown?....going see it live for the 1st time with my lil brother

If anything I'll post some pics later

Anyone going to Wells Fargo tonight for Smackdown?....going see it live for the 1st time with my lil brother

If anything I'll post some pics later

First off I've been telling everybody that will listen that this is WWE Attitude Era Ver. 2.0...JR and the King back on the Mic together...A Corporate Personality in HHH (All be it a new role for him) Running the Show...Getting a little loose with their on air language...The Anti-Hero Push that CM Punk is taking on (Austin anybody)...

Only thing missing is a Corporate Champion ala the Rock and that will either be Cena or Del Rio in my estimation...You've got Punk showing up at ComicCon insulting Steph and Trips and that will lead to a bigger storyline where the Mcmahon faction + Cena / Del Rio will be taking on the heel roles aligning themselves against the enemey of the establishment CM Punk...Just like Austin vs. Mcmahon + HHH / The Rock in the Attitude Era...Tell me Cena looking dejected and leaving the ring with that sad look on his face after Punk got the louder pop last night wasn't putting the building blocks in place for a heel persona...I suppose next Cena will gradually start tweeting how crappy he felt that the WWE Universe isn't 100% behind him, at least until he goes full scale postal at either a PPV or an episode of RAW...

It's obviously not been business as usual and I guarantee that the ratings are going to start reflecting that in the coming months...I'm glad they decided not to hold off on bringing Punk back as it would have killed the buzz for the storyline IMO but I would have held off another week or two...Maybe have had Cena come out next week on Raw celebrating then have Punk show up in the crowd or something...Either way with new music, new entrance video, and new merch, CM Punk is your new era SCSA...Honestly shave his head, throw a beer in his hand and with the persona he has now you would have Stone Cold..."Cult of Personality" is the song Punk is using and has used in ROH...Listen to the lyrics and tell me they aren't taking him down a Stone Cold path...

First off I've been telling everybody that will listen that this is WWE Attitude Era Ver. 2.0...JR and the King back on the Mic together...A Corporate Personality in HHH (All be it a new role for him) Running the Show...Getting a little loose with their on air language...The Anti-Hero Push that CM Punk is taking on (Austin anybody)...

Only thing missing is a Corporate Champion ala the Rock and that will either be Cena or Del Rio in my estimation...You've got Punk showing up at ComicCon insulting Steph and Trips and that will lead to a bigger storyline where the Mcmahon faction + Cena / Del Rio will be taking on the heel roles aligning themselves against the enemey of the establishment CM Punk...Just like Austin vs. Mcmahon + HHH / The Rock in the Attitude Era...Tell me Cena looking dejected and leaving the ring with that sad look on his face after Punk got the louder pop last night wasn't putting the building blocks in place for a heel persona...I suppose next Cena will gradually start tweeting how crappy he felt that the WWE Universe isn't 100% behind him, at least until he goes full scale postal at either a PPV or an episode of RAW...

It's obviously not been business as usual and I guarantee that the ratings are going to start reflecting that in the coming months...I'm glad they decided not to hold off on bringing Punk back as it would have killed the buzz for the storyline IMO but I would have held off another week or two...Maybe have had Cena come out next week on Raw celebrating then have Punk show up in the crowd or something...Either way with new music, new entrance video, and new merch, CM Punk is your new era SCSA...Honestly shave his head, throw a beer in his hand and with the persona he has now you would have Stone Cold..."Cult of Personality" is the song Punk is using and has used in ROH...Listen to the lyrics and tell me they aren't taking him down a Stone Cold path...

+ 4 solid matches with clean finishes that lasted more than two minutes...Wrestling on a WWE Show? Who woulda thunk it...Ever since Punk's promo the whole company has been upping it's content...Not sure who is ultimately behind all this but it's the best WWE has been since Austin and Rock took off...

+ 4 solid matches with clean finishes that lasted more than two minutes...Wrestling on a WWE Show? Who woulda thunk it...Ever since Punk's promo the whole company has been upping it's content...Not sure who is ultimately behind all this but it's the best WWE has been since Austin and Rock took off...

Now that I think about it would have been stupid to do this @ the end of Summer Slam. There are a larger % of people who dont get the PPV's and this would have gone largely unnoticed to the RAW/Smackdown viewing audience.

Now that I think about it would have been stupid to do this @ the end of Summer Slam. There are a larger % of people who dont get the PPV's and this would have gone largely unnoticed to the RAW/Smackdown viewing audience.

Like most have said, I wanted Punk out at least another week or two. With that said, I'm OK with him coming back now if they keep with the theme that has been going on as of late.

I have faith that HHH and the rest know what they are doing
pimp.gif

Like most have said, I wanted Punk out at least another week or two. With that said, I'm OK with him coming back now if they keep with the theme that has been going on as of late.

I have faith that HHH and the rest know what they are doing
pimp.gif

The Miz, who held the WWE Championship for 160 days, has been named number one in Pro Wrestling Illustrated's "PWI 500" list for 2011. The list, which is now in its 21st year, ranks the top 500 professional wrestlers in the world.

The Miz, who held the WWE Championship for 160 days, has been named number one in Pro Wrestling Illustrated's "PWI 500" list for 2011. The list, which is now in its 21st year, ranks the top 500 professional wrestlers in the world.

Originally Posted by 3dgarfly23

Who would have ever thought when he was being called a "meathead son" on the Real World/Road Rules Challenge that he would someday not only be on this list, but be atop the list....wow.

Who would have ever thought when he was being called a "meathead son" on the Real World/Road Rules Challenge that he would someday not only be on this list, but be atop the list....wow.

i had no idea Punks theme in ROH was Cult Of Personality. when Cenas music first switched over i was confused as hell but it was
pimp.gif
to hear Living Colour on Raw.

then when Punk came out, i was straight
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

missed the first hour last night but i guess i didnt miss much. the E has been on point lately though. Survivor Series might be in my future.

i had no idea Punks theme in ROH was Cult Of Personality. when Cenas music first switched over i was confused as hell but it was
pimp.gif
to hear Living Colour on Raw.

then when Punk came out, i was straight
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

missed the first hour last night but i guess i didnt miss much. the E has been on point lately though. Survivor Series might be in my future.

I was watching the clip last night from Punk's return, and Cena's face is priceless. Once the music drops, he's looking off into the stands, and is dumbfounded when Punk walks out.

I was watching the clip last night from Punk's return, and Cena's face is priceless. Once the music drops, he's looking off into the stands, and is dumbfounded when Punk walks out.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Cleveland 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom