Wrestling Thread July 25-31 | 7/27 - Cena Wins WWE Title, Cena vs Punk @ SummerSlam to Unify Titles

See this where I agree 4w. Wouldn't it have been great to have miz vs cena at summerslam ( after the promo the miz just cut). Have cena win and then have cult of personality start playing to set this up for night of champions??????

I know they want him for summerslam. But I think they are going for the pop punk is getting. I think only someone like jericho coming back would get the crowd off punk a little. I think Vince sees the SCSA character again.

Originally Posted by Club 27

Whatever.

this is the only main event that makes sense for the second biggest show of the year
Seriously, who said Miz should ME @ Summerslam? SMH!

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by Furrell

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

This is the problem.  Too, too, too, too rushed.  Punk needed to be kept off TV for a long time.  Now it just feels like any other wrestling angle instead of feeling like something special.
Agreed. The angle is done IMO. He should have been away from Raw until the next PPV while Cena masquerades as the fake champion and says that he is the real champion.

Who cares if Punk used that in ROH. It sucks.
Give me a break. This was a GREAT move for the company. If he was off TV too long it wouldn't have helped either. Now we're getting a great SummerSlam main event!

Theme is awesome, BTW. It totally fits his actions of recent. I doubt they use it going forward, though. Still ......
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eyes.gif
Ok. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Miz v. Cena would have been better based off of the last promo alone.

Y'all forgetting this is still a business. He had a new t-shirt for MITB for goodness sakes. Can't sell Punk t-shirts with no Punk. We all know we would have hated Rey and Cena both as champ, so why not put Punk on tv so we can all get this money

Y'all forgetting this is still a business. He had a new t-shirt for MITB for goodness sakes. Can't sell Punk t-shirts with no Punk. We all know we would have hated Rey and Cena both as champ, so why not put Punk on tv so we can all get this money

Originally Posted by Club 27

Whatever.

this is the only main event that makes sense for the second biggest show of the year
Seriously, who said Miz should ME @ Summerslam? SMH!

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by Furrell

This is the problem.  Too, too, too, too rushed.  Punk needed to be kept off TV for a long time.  Now it just feels like any other wrestling angle instead of feeling like something special.
Agreed. The angle is done IMO. He should have been away from Raw until the next PPV while Cena masquerades as the fake champion and says that he is the real champion.

Who cares if Punk used that in ROH. It sucks.
Give me a break. This was a GREAT move for the company. If he was off TV too long it wouldn't have helped either. Now we're getting a great SummerSlam main event!

Theme is awesome, BTW. It totally fits his actions of recent. I doubt they use it going forward, though. Still ......
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eyes.gif
Ok. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Miz v. Cena would have been better based off of the last promo alone.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

91236b554275d0760b5beae7409bebfe2c5ee668.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Yimoney23

CM Puck is back!!!!
pimp.gif

I agree with you a little bit but Punk had to be brought back a little early because SummerSlam is right around the corner. The best they could've done was keep him off TV another week.

Kudos to whomever called the Champion v Champion angle.

And I'm digging  Punk's old/new music.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

91236b554275d0760b5beae7409bebfe2c5ee668.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Yimoney23

CM Puck is back!!!!
pimp.gif

I agree with you a little bit but Punk had to be brought back a little early because SummerSlam is right around the corner. The best they could've done was keep him off TV another week.

Kudos to whomever called the Champion v Champion angle.

And I'm digging  Punk's old/new music.

Coming off of that amazing MITB main event, I'm not surprised they went this way and booked it for Summer Slam as well.

But think about how much better that moment that ended this Raw would have been had it been closing out Summer Slam after a Cena win.

Coming off of that amazing MITB main event, I'm not surprised they went this way and booked it for Summer Slam as well.

But think about how much better that moment that ended this Raw would have been had it been closing out Summer Slam after a Cena win.

Originally Posted by PrinceLaney

Exactly. Rushed? Mannn, people want it all.
laugh.gif

Best RAW in top to bottom in a LONG time.

Hombre- For the storyline purpose. Yes. Miz could of done it after the promo. Punk vs Cena is obvious. But I rather see those two knuckleheads wrestle for the umpteen time like edge/cena to build the storyline some more. The wwe already makes this out to be the second wrestlemania. I would waste the main event for that moment.

Hombre- For the storyline purpose. Yes. Miz could of done it after the promo. Punk vs Cena is obvious. But I rather see those two knuckleheads wrestle for the umpteen time like edge/cena to build the storyline some more. The wwe already makes this out to be the second wrestlemania. I would waste the main event for that moment.

Originally Posted by PrinceLaney

Exactly. Rushed? Mannn, people want it all.
laugh.gif

Best RAW in top to bottom in a LONG time.

And after tonight i wonder how many wwe championship wins cena has left in his contract. I believe for the length of his contract he was guaranteed at least 11 title reigns.

Back
Top Bottom