Wrestling Thread July 25-31 | 7/27 - Cena Wins WWE Title, Cena vs Punk @ SummerSlam to Unify Titles

I agree it was definitely rushed for him to come back, but no one should be surprised. For one, they always rush storylines, and two, they want him back in time for Punk/Cena at Summerfest. Can't really blame them for wanting Punk/Cena at SS though

I agree it was definitely rushed for him to come back, but no one should be surprised. For one, they always rush storylines, and two, they want him back in time for Punk/Cena at Summerfest. Can't really blame them for wanting Punk/Cena at SS though

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Confirmed that Cena vs Punk is the SummerSlam main event.

I mean the options are limited but, eh.  Doesnt do it for me. 

Hopefully we get HHH v. Punk at some point.  

Yeah Punk should've been off tv for at least until SummerSlam. Too rushed
30t6p3b.gif

I mean the options are limited but, eh.  Doesnt do it for me. 

Hopefully we get HHH v. Punk at some point.  

Yall need to be patient sometimes.
laugh.gif

Trying to claim the angle is over already? Relax.

Yall need to be patient sometimes.
laugh.gif

Trying to claim the angle is over already? Relax.

Originally Posted by Furrell

This is the problem.  Too, too, too, too rushed.  Punk needed to be kept off TV for a long time.  Now it just feels like any other wrestling angle instead of feeling like something special.
Agreed. The angle is done IMO. He should have been away from Raw until the next PPV while Cena masquerades as the fake champion and says that he is the real champion.

Who cares if Punk used that in ROH. It sucks.
Give me a break. This was a GREAT move for the company. If he was off TV too long it wouldn't have helped either. Now we're getting a great SummerSlam main event!

Theme is awesome, BTW. It totally fits his actions of recent. I doubt they use it going forward, though. Still ......
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Yimoney23

CM Puck is back!!!!
pimp.gif

This is the problem.  Too, too, too, too rushed.  Punk needed to be kept off TV for a long time.  Now it just feels like any other wrestling angle instead of feeling like something special.
Agreed. The angle is done IMO. He should have been away from Raw until the next PPV while Cena masquerades as the fake champion and says that he is the real champion.

We knew that already after making Rey jobbed to Cena. Something needed to happened, and CM Punk came to saved the day. 

Give me a break. This was a GREAT move for the company. If he was off TV too long it wouldn't have helped either. Now we're getting a great SummerSlam main event!

Theme is awesome, BTW. It totally fits his actions of recent. I doubt they use it going forward, though. Still ......
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Yimoney23

CM Puck is back!!!!
pimp.gif

We knew that already after making Rey jobbed to Cena. Something needed to happened, and CM Punk came to saved the day. 

Originally Posted by OvATyME316

Originally Posted by Fig Neutonn

New music was his old ROH MUSIC. Loving it.

Really? Maybe it'll grow on me but the old music was loud and intense. Fit him better
Exactly.

laugh.gif
crap writing and desperation strikes again. They really couldn't wait a few weeks? The storyline's legitimacy just went out the window.

Originally Posted by OvATyME316

Originally Posted by Fig Neutonn

New music was his old ROH MUSIC. Loving it.

Really? Maybe it'll grow on me but the old music was loud and intense. Fit him better
Exactly.

laugh.gif
crap writing and desperation strikes again. They really couldn't wait a few weeks? The storyline's legitimacy just went out the window.

So The Rock is going to cost Cena the title right?

So The Rock is going to cost Cena the title right?

Whatever.

this is the only main event that makes sense for the second biggest show of the year

See this where I agree 4w. Wouldn't it have been great to have miz vs cena at summerslam ( after the promo the miz just cut). Have cena win and then have cult of personality start playing to set this up for night of champions??????

I know they want him for summerslam. But I think they are going for the pop punk is getting. I think only someone like jericho coming back would get the crowd off punk a little. I think Vince sees the SCSA character again.

Whatever.

this is the only main event that makes sense for the second biggest show of the year

Back
Top Bottom