Wrestling Thread July 13-26: 7/24 Hulk Hogan FIRED from WWE for Reported Racist Tirade

Are you excited for Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker at SummerSlam?

• Yes

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 32 59.3%

• Total voters
Don't forget Austin being injured part of 99/00, along with him walking away a bit between 02/03, so that makes his run even shorter. Him and Rock were the lead guys then though. Only then is people never had the chance to get tired of Austin. Rock was extra stale in 02, left and completely reinvented himself in 03.

Apparently, Chena going over last night against KO was because Chena merch sales slipped after KO beat him the first time.

I can't imagine what happens when Chena retires. They can't even be bothered to build up the next crop?

Austin was on top for only 5-6 years?

Back in those days, it felt like it was forever. In a good way

Rumors of Sext / Bork / Taker triple threat at Summerfest.

Haitch / Sext after that
This is the worst angle imaginable for SS. It would have made more sense for Roman to beat Bray, and come out to wash Brock. Have a WM rematch per say with Roman, Sext and Brock.
I

which guess what let it happen.. it has no effect on any real angle or anything.guess what though if they wanna break that record they are gonna have to put a better card together than the rumored one i saw already.
This is the first WM in the Dallas Metroplex. This event will sell out and break records no matter what card they have.

just finished watching battle***** .man that was terrible.im pretty much over wwe at this point.tried to give them a chance thinking with all the talent they would get better but nah man.once nba season starts im out.ko tapping out? really?,old *** undertaker cmon man.now they wanna bring old *** sting in too lmao.smh
cesaro needs to be out,cuz the way they do things he will never be in the main event/upper card.its pretty much just pathetic to the point where i might just sell my ss ticket to the highest bidder

- I heard there were complaints about booking “up and coming talent” with Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns essentially lost. Vince feels Rollins looks too soft in his interactions with Triple H. While it’s one thing to be the “slimy” heel, there is concern Rollins isn’t coming off like a legitimate champion. Vince is reportedly pushing for something similar to what we saw in years past with Edge where Rollins is a “dirty” heel but doesn’t take crap from anyone. Triple H, on the other hand, wants to continue to go with the “disappointed dad” angle.

Don't forget Austin being injured part of 99/00, along with him walking away a bit between 02/03, so that makes his run even shorter. Him and Rock were the lead guys then though. Only then is people never had the chance to get tired of Austin. Rock was extra stale in 02, left and completely reinvented himself in 03.

Yeah Austin finally took time off for that neck surgery in between that time. Then Rock took off. Rock still was over in 02 tho. Cena is beyond stale. My guy hasn't had a wardrobe, or music change in 9 years. :lol:

Still respect him tho.

- I heard there were complaints about booking “up and coming talent” with Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns essentially lost. Vince feels Rollins looks too soft in his interactions with Triple H. While it’s one thing to be the “slimy” heel, there is concern Rollins isn’t coming off like a legitimate champion. Vince is reportedly pushing for something similar to what we saw in years past with Edge where Rollins is a “dirty” heel but doesn’t take crap from anyone. Triple H, on the other hand, wants to continue to go with the “disappointed dad” angle.

I gotta side with Vince on that one. They got Seth Metal out here looking like a joke and eating pins every Monday

And during those 5-6 yrs he was the biggest thing to ever hit pro wrestling..You couldn't go a day without seeing an Austin 3:16 shirt or bumper sticker..He was on the front of all the magazines and on all the talk shows..Cena and Hulk's run might have been longer, but their overall exposure wasn't on the level of SCSA..

And during those 5-6 yrs he was the biggest thing to ever hit pro wrestling..You couldn't go a day without seeing an Austin 3:16 shirt or bumper sticker..He was on the front of all the magazines and on all the talk shows..Cena and Hulk's run might have been longer, but their overall exposure wasn't on the level of SCSA..

ehh.. cena no way bc of the state that wrestling is in right now. But Hogan you can argue.. I think austin was still more over but it's close. Hogan was a god and a money machine. He single handily brought wrestling out of the ashes. Austin had the help of the Nwo, DX, and the rosters of both companies were jammed and it made wrestling more watchable. Especially with the raunchiness that they displayed. But i am not arguing anything Austin. Just making a point.

Thank God for DVR, need to catch up on Lucha Underground and a recent NJPW show

Back
Top Bottom