Wrestling Thread Jul 14 - Aug 3 | 7/31 WWE Announces Network Subscriptions, Predict The #!

How many subscribers will WWE announce for the WWE Network?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1,000,000+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man... :pimp:

View media item 1107884View media item 1107886

OOOHHH YEEAAHH!! “Macho Man” Randy Savage, one of the greatest ring competitors of all time, is being immortalized as McFarlane Toys’ second WWE Icon Series limited-edition statue.

Savage had several unforgettable rivalries during his illustrious career, but arguably his most famous match came on April 2, 1989 in Atlantic City, New Jersey at WrestleMania[emoji]174[/emoji] V. The “Mega Powers” exploded that day, as “Macho Man” put his WWE Championship on the line against his former tag team partner, Hulk Hogan[emoji]174[/emoji]. This statue celebrates the 25th anniversary of that historic match.

Limited-edition cold-cast resin statue
*Limited to 500 pieces
*BONUS - Authentic piece of an arena banner from WrestleMania V

roll.gif
add the fandango thots n its perfect 

Maybe if they put out a better product. Better storylines. Better feuds. Better gimmicks. Better matches they might have more subscribers. I hope this is a wake up call and we see a better product.

Maybe if they put out a better product. Better storylines. Better feuds. Better gimmicks. Better matches they might have more subscribers. I hope this is a wake up call and we see a better product.

Better writers as well. To many comedy/soap opera writers on creative

-As part of WWE’s 2014 Second Quarter earnings results released on Thursday morning, WWE also reported pay-per-view buyrate information for WrestleMania, Extreme Rules, Payback and Money in the Bank.

These figures are for traditional pay-per-view buys, not including people who watched the shows on the WWE Network.

WrestleMania XXX drew 690,000 buys, down from 1,039,000 last year
Extreme Rules drew 108,000 buys, down from 231,000 last year
Payback drew 67,000 buys, down from 186,000 last year
Money In the Bank drew 122,000 buys, down from 199,000 last year

WWE just released their second quarter earnings, which are posted her on the site. It should be noted that Wall Street is reacting positively to the numbers early on.

The WWE stock is currently up 40 cents to $12.49 before the market opens this morning. It was down 38 cents yesterday.

Here are some important notes from the filing.

*The WWE Network: It had 667,000 subscribers on April 7. They added 161,000 subscribers over the period, but lost 128,000. The net difference is +33,000, taking the current count to 700,000 subscribers.

*WrestleMania 30 did 690,000 buys this year vs. 1,039,000 last year
*Extreme Rules did 108,000 buys this year vs. 231,000 last year.
*Payback did 67,000 buys vs. 186,000 last year.
*Money In The Bank did 122,000 buys vs. no PPV last year.

*The news there is that they still sold a decent amount of traditional PPV in the quarter, though that should lessen greatly with the world-wide launch of The Network.

All but an hour ago!

-As part of WWE’s 2014 Second Quarter earnings results released on Thursday morning, WWE also reported pay-per-view buyrate information for WrestleMania, Extreme Rules, Payback and Money in the Bank.

These figures are for traditional pay-per-view buys, not including people who watched the shows on the WWE Network.

WrestleMania XXX drew 690,000 buys, down from 1,039,000 last year
Extreme Rules drew 108,000 buys, down from 231,000 last year
Payback drew 67,000 buys, down from 186,000 last year
Money In the Bank drew 122,000 buys, down from 199,000 last year

Enough! GHIMS reveal thyself!!

Last edited:
A damn shame that more people are going to lose their jobs because of Vince's failed endeavor.

They couldn't find a cable subscriber or satellite provider to host the Network on with just on-demand material instead of going solo?

Last edited:

Better writers as well. To many comedy/soap opera writers on creative
Instead of having comedy writers, they should be putting the wrestlers through improv classes. I studied at the UCB for 2 weeks and learned a ton, imagine how much better promos we could have if guys knew how to work off each other and the crowd more, instead of being restricted to a script.

The Network isn't a failed endeavor. I think the numbers are decent without international roll out. Problem is, WWE over guided and expected profitability unrealistically quickly. Vince made the right move investing in the Network, just needs to give it more of a catalyst. Have the other wrestling promotions on there, especially NJPW get that Japanese demographic, etc. Vince needs to sit down with Reed Hastings and learn about this stuff some more.

Last edited:
Also Cena and orton need to share that spotlight and start putting these young dudes over. Yeah I know it's a honor to get in the ring with them but that's simply not enough. they actually have to put them over clean. Bray should of beat Cena at wm. Orton needs to stop playa hating on reigns push

Instead of having comedy writers, they should be putting the wrestlers through improv classes. I studied at the UCB for 2 weeks and learned a ton, imagine how much better promos we could have if guys knew how to work off each other and the crowd more, instead of being restricted to a script.

The Network isn't a failed endeavor. I think the numbers are decent without international roll out. Problem is, WWE over guided and expected profitability unrealistically quickly. Vince made the right move investing in the Network, just needs to give it more of a catalyst. Have the other wrestling promotions on there, especially NJPW get that Japanese demographic, etc. Vince needs to sit down with Reed Hastings and learn about this stuff some more.

Yup
The numbers are impressive but they oversold the **** out of it to investors.
I read the Russell Simons book when I was in high school, never finished it but I still take one of his quotes and use it in every day life.

Always "Under promise, over deliver".

Last edited:
Well when you've lost 400 mil, expected to lose 50 more mil, countless people losing/lost their jobs on your gamble, that's a failed endeavor imo.

Yo peep, get the layla tribute ready for us (me,you). she pushing 40 isn't really great in ring (she's decent) and isn't in any major story line. Its her last few days in wwe.

I'm a need her to do playboy tho. Instant cop 5x

Bad PR gave false hope and the stock was never worth where it went. That was Wall Street exploiting ignorance and easy money. Gotta remember the market was at the peak of its hotness back then. Piece of **** companies like PLUG went from 3 bucks (after being under a dollar) to 11 in that same span.

I like the product and the idea a lot and I think it's a great move for the company if they could get through the start up costs. Problem is, they did a terrible job articulating the Network's potential.

Stock looks like it's cracking support. Could fade back to yesterday's close if it does.

Last edited:
Honestly the only thing I've watched on the network are the WWF/E ppvs. Started at the very beginning and I'm up to Royal Rumble 02. It would be way more enjoyable if they had the eps of raw and smackdown to watch before the PPV but that just makes to much sense.
This is another common complaint I hear and completely agree with.

Look, adding Thunder, SNME, Clash of Champions... that's all nice.  But it is inexcusable to not have every episode of Raw, Nitro, and Smackdown on the Network.

Honestly the only thing I've watched on the network are the WWF/E ppvs. Started at the very beginning and I'm up to Royal Rumble 02. It would be way more enjoyable if they had the eps of raw and smackdown to watch before the PPV but that just makes to much sense.
This is another common complaint I hear and completely agree with.

Look, adding Thunder, SNME, Clash of Champions... that's all nice.  But it is inexcusable to not have every episode of Raw, Nitro, and Smackdown on the Network.
Agreed. I would rather watch the Raws and Smackdowns leading up to the PPVs and relive the entire experience, than half-*** it. Having said all that, I signed up for another 6 months the other day when my subscription expired. It's worth not dealing with a crappy stream, it's cheaper than buying PPVs and it gives me a decent catalogue to view when I'm bored.

Have they ever given a reason for the weekly shows not being on there?

I can stream PPVs for free but I'd pay to see old raws and Nitros

Yo peep, get the layla tribute ready for us (me,you). she pushing 40 isn't really great in ring (she's decent) and isn't in any major story line. Its her last few days in wwe.

I'm a need her to do playboy tho. Instant cop 5x

I've been preparing since she last held the title in 2012

Also Cena and orton need to share that spotlight and start putting these young dudes over. Yeah I know it's a honor to get in the ring with them but that's simply not enough. they actually have to put them over clean. Bray should of beat Cena at wm. Orton needs to stop playa hating on reigns push

Through all the slander he gets, Orton has put over more people than Cena for a very long time. I think people forget that before Orton turned full heel, he had a pretty good stretch of losses :lol: dude was eating pins like crazy (at least for his status) and was having good matches at the same time. Orton has taken PPV losses and random Raw/SD losses. Cena rarely takes pins, and when he does, it's on a big PPV :lol:. Cesaro mauling Orton with that Marvel vs Capcom combo may feel like 5 years ago, but that was 2013

tumblr_n12hhiLCBT1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_n12i6sB3Vw1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_n11npcsP8f1qaa8d1o2_500.gif

tumblr_n20su3ItfH1sbzhteo8_250.gif

tumblr_n11npcsP8f1qaa8d1o4_500.gif

Last edited:
The Network would've been better as a regular television channel*.  I feel like there's a huge demographic who haven't advanced into interactive media.  They're the types who go to Redbox because streaming Netflix is "too complicated".  They're not even sure how to get The Network on a TV.  They're the ones who need downloading the WWE app explained to them.  They also still pay $60 per PPV even though you can pay $60 for six.  If you told them they could just pay the extra $10 on their cable bill, they'd subscribe.

There's a lot to be said for "random watching" too.  It's like someone said, saying you're airing SummerSlam 98 isn't appealing when you can watch it on demand.  But if you say, Summerslam 98 is airing on my regular WWE Channel, I'm either tuning in or setting my DVR.  On demand makes you go "Eh, I can get it whenever".  Which turns into never because there's no real urgency.

*I know that's what they wanted initially but it didn't work out.

Back
Top Bottom