Wrestling Thread Jul 14 - Aug 3 | 7/31 WWE Announces Network Subscriptions, Predict The #!

How many subscribers will WWE announce for the WWE Network?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1,000,000+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Network would've been better as a regular television channel*.  I feel like there's a huge demographic who haven't advanced into interactive media.  They're the types who go to Redbox because streaming Netflix is "too complicated".  They're not even sure how to get The Network on a TV.  They're the ones who need downloading the WWE app explained to them.  They also still pay $60 per PPV even though you can pay $60 for six.  If you told them they could just pay the extra $10 on their cable bill, they'd subscribe.

There's a lot to be said for "random watching" too.  It's like someone said, saying you're airing SummerSlam 98 isn't appealing when you can watch it on demand.  But if you say, Summerslam 98 is airing on my regular WWE Channel, I'm either tuning in or setting my DVR.  On demand makes you go "Eh, I can get it whenever".  Which turns into never because there's no real urgency.

*I know that's what they wanted initially but it didn't work out.
Very logical reasons why it hasn't had the numbers expected. Not many people like watching stuff on their computer or tablet. Not many have a gaming system. Not many know what a Roku is. It's an issue that hopefully should be cured with time, but who knows. That's really why I'm not too bearish on the company on this matter. I see no reason for subscribers to eventually unsubscribe unless there's an economic or personal issue rising, so the battle in my eyes is attracting the new eyes that haven't yet embarked on that mission. In 2 years, provided the economic landscape doesn't deteriorate immensely (which you never know), I think the Network will have the expected numbers.

Questions for you guys that subscribe, would you unsuscribe unless things suddenly became tight financially? It's a good value if you like the product.

Slator Gator get their first win on Main Event :smokin

Will be listening for Woods commentary during Usos/AxelBack as well

So ppl that dropped the network had to still pay full amount of contract. Doesn't make sense to get rid of it before contract is up

Last edited:
For those who missed it buried in the conference call report and flurry of WWE financial posts, Vince McMahon confirmed during WWE's conference call today that the company will be cutting 7% of its staff.

The cuts are expected to happen either later today or tomorrow. A lot of office staff and likely a few members of the main roster as well.

hXjfD7r.gif

...And save us Punk. :wow:

tumblr_mpx02tdeb11so4q87o1_500.gif

@John2st , keep us updated on your father. Hope all is well.

*Discussion Survey*

What would your entrance be like?

I would do the Dolph Ziggler hip grind for like 30 seconds directly under neath a Legend Killer Orton pyro golden shower. I would step out from the shower and do the ziggler hair flick. Diddy bop on my way to the ring. Brock lesnar hop onto the apron. have kanes flames go off as soon as i hit the apron. skip around the ring and do the cm punk fist twirl.

@John2st
, keep us updated on your father. Hope all is well.

*Discussion Survey*

I would do the Dolph Ziggler hip grind for like 30 seconds directly under neath a Legend Killer Orton pyro golden shower. I would step out from the shower and do the ziggler hair flick. Diddy bop on my way to the ring. Brock lesnar hop onto the apron. have kanes flames go off as soon as i hit the apron. skip around the ring and do the cm punk fist twirl.

Wow. You might as well name yourself Orlando Jordan.

@John2st

*Discussion Survey*

:rofl:
tumblr_mdazscZ82u1rddyhgo1_250.gif

@John2st

*Discussion Survey*

laugh.gif

I remember they had bruh out there WILDIN in his Monday Night Era TNA run. 
sick.gif

Honestly bruh . . . I don't even think Monday Night TNA was even a bad idea . . . it was just dumb to launch it during Wrestlemania Season when the quality/viewers is usually at the highest it will be for the year.

How many times have you been watching Fandango or Miz or some **** and been like "Why the hell am I watching this?"

To keep it 100, the only real quality on Raw is the 8 PM, 9 PM, 10 PM, 11 PM segments . . . they half *** everything else.

If a company (not necessarily TNA) came with quality throughout the program on Mondays and not just at the top of the hour, a wrestling program could steal some viewers from the WWE.

This is NTWT, so we talk about anything.

What are your thoughts on "feeling sorry for" people that have self-inflicted wounds?

Example, my father had HORRIBLE eating habits from age 20-50. Suffering from it now. Diabetic, nowhere near the physical condition he was in 15 years ago. HARD to watch.

Whenever he gets sick, I get kinda angry because I feel like he brought it on himself. But I know that is wrong for me to feel that way but I can't control my initial feelings.

Do you feel the same way at all?

Damn, DC....I can't shake you. lol

My FIL was a highly functioning alcoholic that destroyed his liver. He has the (don't know how to describe) not-terrible hepatitus from serving in the army in Vietnam. He was diagnosed needing a liver transplant 6 years ago, and I did the same thing. "you did it to yourself, why should I feel so bad for you when you drank every damn day." But like you said, its the wrong way to feel. Came to see it as how it affected my wife and her siblings losing their father, not my broken way of thinking... He did receive his transplant about 6 months ago and is doing good.

Last edited:
This **** is like a real life GM Mode from SvR lol.

When you had to cut your roster cause you ain't have no money left.

Back
Top Bottom