Wrestling Thread January 2nd-31st/NXT Takeover Tonight At 8PM ET/NTWT Royal Rumble Info On Page 1/Ro

In my opinion even once John Cena hits the 16 World Titles marker, they don't mean as much ae Flair's.

Same number but a different time/generation. Flair was decided to be the company leader in three different organizations under different managements. That speaks more volume than winning it under one management.

Thoughts?

It seems like pretty much everyone, 'cept me, thought the Okada/Omega match was beyond great..

About to watch the Nakamura/Tongan Jeff match from Australia inside a cage..

In my opinion even once John Cena hits the 16 World Titles marker, they don't mean as much ae Flair's.

Same number but a different time/generation. Flair was decided to be the company leader in three different organizations under different managements. That speaks more volume than winning it under one management.

Thoughts?
Cena can only compete against the people God placed in front of him. Not his fault he was born when he was born

Watching the NXT Melbourne special...

The nuclear level of heat that Elias Sampson gets :rofl:

Gonna watch on lunch, so I have no frame of reference on this one specifically, but I can't stand him. Grey Market Sandow with a guitar he doesn't know how to play. It always cracks me up when Graves craps on him. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

14606952_1287827647958473_4640714873452363776_n.jpg

15538476_1811448589096164_7673307275892621312_n.jpg
Kristal still looking good

Last edited:

Thoughts?

Couldn't agree more..Flair's number of title runs is much more impressive..

I hate him almost as much as the Bucks of youth

I like Omega a lot, but he has got to learn how to slow down and pace a match better..I think that's why I wasn't as high on his match with Okada as most people..

Meltzer's WK 11 Ratings
New Japan Rumble 1
Tiger Mask W vs. Tiger the Dark 3
Young Bucks (c) vs. RPG Vice 3.5
Finlay/Ricochet/Kojima (c) vs. Bullet Club, CHAOS, LIJ 3, 1, 3.25 (he rated these in succession)
Cody vs. Juice Robinson 2.75
Kyle O'Reilly (c) vs. Adam Cole 3.5
GOD (c) vs. Ishii/Yano vs. Great Bash Heel 3.5
KUSHIDA (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi 4.5
Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Hirooki Goto 4.5
Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi 4.5
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega 6

"Kenny Omega and Kazuchika Okada may have put on the greatest match in pro wrestling history" - Dave Meltzer"

It has nothing to do with WHO he faced.

It has to do with the sustained success across multiple companies.
Doesn't make sense for Cena to go to any other companies though. Where's he going to go? TNA?? A bit of an unfair point to make, IMO...

I hate him almost as much as the Bucks of youth

I like Omega a lot, but he has got to learn how to slow down and pace a match better..I think that's why I wasn't as high on his match with Okada as most people..

"Kenny Omega and Kazuchika Okada may have put on the greatest match in pro wrestling history" - Dave Meltzer

prisoner of the moment

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

I agree with Meltzer tho...

Tanahashi/Okada at WK 10 is what I consider the best match of all time... But Omega/Okada blew them out of the water...

It has nothing to do with WHO he faced.

It has to do with the sustained success across multiple companies.
Agreed with
Again,

It isn't his fault he was born when he was born.

He wasn't alive in time for him tondo the same.

Not saying he is on Flair's level

Back
Top Bottom