Wrestling Thread Jan/Feb | 2/29 RAW - The Undertaker Returns to Respond to The McMahons

So..... The authority and vince mcmahon did everything possible to take the belt off roman reigns last night but make him number one contender in a match which he will most likely win to face hhh at wrestlemania...

What kind of sense does that even make? Does the wwe think people are that stupid? Lol

People want these NJPW to be recognizable so it gives them a glimmer of hope that the WWE won't turn them into jobbers.

Let it go fellas, they belong to the game now. Literally.
I love New Japan, but I also understand PERSPECTIVE. It is a niche product and then you have the WWE which IS the defiition of wrestling for MANY people.

I think sometimes it is hard for us to realize that we aren't part of what is reality.

Sure the hardcore fanbase has grown over time but they are STILL the hardcore fanbase.

I wish there was a way to take a poll at a random WWE event and ask everyone, "Who is Dave Meltzer or Name 3 wrestling Promotions other than the WWE." You dudes would think 50%+ of the people in that arena could answer those questions? I mean, "They all have the internet."

So..... The authority and vince mcmahon did everything possible to take the belt off roman reigns last night but make him number one contender in a match which he will most likely win to face hhh at wrestlemania...

What kind of sense does that even make? Does the wwe think people are that stupid? Lol
Yes they think people are dumb.

If they REALLY wanted the belt off of him, they should have just stripped him of the title when he beat Shameus for it a month ago.

None of it makes sense. They aren't logical at all. 

WHY is he in the 3-Way match at Fast Lane. Why are the affording him opportunities to get the belt back?

Steph/Vince/HHH pretty much say the truth every opening promo about how the Universe are suckers :smh:

While I may have enjoyed it a bit more than he did, I completely see where Bret is coming from...

I love New Japan, but I also understand PERSPECTIVE. It is a niche product and then you have the WWE which IS the defiition of wrestling for MANY people.

I think sometimes it is hard for us to realize that we aren't part of what is reality.

Sure the hardcore fanbase has grown over time but they are STILL the hardcore fanbase.

I wish there was a way to take a poll at a random WWE event and ask everyone, "Who is Dave Meltzer or Name 3 wrestling Promotions other than the WWE." You dudes would think 50%+ of the people in that arena could answer those questions? I mean, "They all have the internet."

I'll be honest and say the WWE product now has turned me into a big UFC fans over the years.

The WWE product is stale and overdone. Matches don't mean anything anymore because they dude will wrestle on raw twice before they wrestle at PPV.

MMA is the goods. Every fight seems big. The titles MEAN something. Being a champ MEANS something. Plus Bruce Buffer>>>>

I'll be honest and say the WWE product now has turned me into a big UFC fans over the years.

The WWE product is stale and overdone. Matches don't mean anything anymore because they dude will wrestle on raw twice before they wrestle at PPV.

MMA is the goods. Every fight seems big. The titles MEAN something. Being a champ MEANS something. Plus Bruce Buffer>>>>
Yup. In the words of Jim Cornette, Dana White is the best wrestling promoter in the world. MMA has taken everything that wrestling once did and using it to its benefit. UFC is the #1 wrestling promotion in the world

People want these NJPW to be recognizable so it gives them a glimmer of hope that the WWE won't turn them into jobbers.

Let it go fellas, they belong to the game now. Literally.

They really need to start mentioning tna because nobody is familiar with njpw. Its not on american tv but tna is and has been for like what 13 years?

They announced aj styles as the biggest free agent in wrestling but no background at all about his 18 year career. This does not help him at all. They could mention tna and at the same time bury them by mentioning a guy like aj styles practically built that company

Vince needs to let that pride go or buy tna and put it out of business

I think you guys are underestimating this Social Media Era we are living in. There's no way at this point that the majority of casual fans haven't come across the AJ Styles & Nakamura's of the world especially with Twitter. All the other marks of the world live tweeting about the Wrestling Kingdom show you marks loved. All it takes is one click of the button nowadays.
Prime example. My homie iHustle doesn't live under a rock. And just a few weeks ago he asked who Nakamura was and if someone could point him in the direction of a matcj
nakamura style bullet clubs 
smokin.gif

They really need to start mentioning tna because nobody is familiar with njpw. Its not on american tv but tna is and has been for like what 13 years?

They announced aj styles as the biggest free agent in wrestling but no background at all about his 18 year career. This does not help him at all. They could mention tna and at the same time bury them by mentioning a guy like aj styles practically built that company

Vince needs to let that pride go or buy tna and put it out of business
The fact that all the WWE articles about Styles say this dude wrestled in Florida :lol: they trying SO hard not to mention TNA

Yes they think people are dumb.

If they REALLY wanted the belt off of him, they should have just stripped him of the title when he beat Shameus for it a month ago.

None of it makes sense. They aren't logical at all. 

WHY is he in the 3-Way match at Fast Lane. Why are the affording him opportunities to get the belt back?

I ask because I was young growing up on the Attitude Era, but was it just as illogical back then and we were all blinded because of how entertaining it was? Or did storylines actually have some sense backing them?

I ask because I was young growing up on the Attitude Era, but was it just as illogical back then and we were all blinded because of how entertaining it was? Or did storylines actually have some sense backing them?
Attitude Era was a romanticized period. People only liked it because people cussed and they saw *******. That is literally all the attitude era was

Attitude Era was a romanticized period. People only liked it because people cussed and they saw *******. That is literally all the attitude era was

I think the fact that there seemed to be more creative freedom was a big part of it when you look deeper. Guys are walking on eggshells nowadays.

Yes, they DO think people are stupid :lol: they've been banking on people having short term memory for the longest. They continue to insult the viewers on a weekly basis.

You get on people for putting non-WWE wrestling in a bubble, then turn around and put Attitude in a bubble :lol: if that's all it was, it probably wouldn't have been as successful as it was. Attitude was all about creative freedom and unpredictability, that's how a less talented guy like Crash Holly can be more over and appealing than a lot of guys today that are clearly better wrestlers than him. You were given a lot of reasons to actually care and invest in characters back then, compared to Barrett, Sheamus, Ziggler, and plenty of other guys.

Last edited:
Man I was giving cliff notes of the AE. ******* and cussing. Sure there was other stuff.

Sure there is a handicapped son and DEA brother in law on Breaking Bad but people know it for drug dealing

Kinda agree, Like im watching all the Nitro's from 1996 onwards and alot of what made the NWO great and outrageous, wouldn't even scratch the surface now in comparison to the crazy tv shows you got out here.

Back
Top Bottom