Wrestling Thread Jan 9-22 | 1/20 Smackdown Roulette from Vega - D Bry vs Mark Henry

Originally Posted by bkmac

The ether Punk laid on Laurinaitis will be comparable to the one I lay on anyone who gets in my way at NTRumble.

images

*breaks kayfabe*

Why is Santino of all superstars on the Rumble poster?
laugh.gif
damn bro your now just going to post like nothing is wrong  and don't tell anyone where you've been??
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

come on bro you had me worried  so worried that I paid top dollar to find you....... this is or WAS going to be at every 7- 11 tomorrow 

but i guess you just made me waste eight thousand dollars for nothing 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Deek, just spoke with him, he will introduce himself shortly

he will also introduce the NTCore title

roll.gif

Y'all doing my boy(girl) the NTDivas/Hardcore champ ElCubano dirty.

Can Vince just leave the divas off Raw wrestling wise since they are only wrestling for a minute or two?

Seriously.

Get my man JTG a new gimmick. Please! Get Tyson Kidd on TV in a serious role. So much wasted talent.

- Mr. Anderson has been out of the TNA storylines because creative reportedly has nothing for him. Anderson hasn’t appeared on Impact Wrestling since late November.

saw this on bleacherreport.com

The 10 Most Famous and Infamous Backstage Fights in Wrestling History

10. Scott Steiner vs. Diamond Dallas Page

This one took place in good, old WCW when Kimberly Page (Google her, you won't regret it) stirred up some trouble between her husband Diamond Dallas Page and Scott Steiner.

Allegedly, Kimberly found an illegal substance backstage and went running to management, telling them it belonged to recovering user Tammy Lynn Sytch. 

Sytch denied the allegation and offered to take a drug test right then and there, which she passed.  Scott Steiner got word of what happened and literally chased Kimberly out of the building (she would never appear on WCW TV again). 

At the next TV taping, DDP tried to stand up for his wife and got absolutely destroyed by the much bigger (and obviously "enhanced") Steiner.  Reportedly, Steiner went for Page's eye and attempted to end his career before it was broken up.

9. Vince McMahon vs. Kurt Angle vs. the Undertaker

You see, triple threat matches even happen in real life.

According to Kurt Angle's book, Vince McMahon once (jokingly) jumped him backstage and took him down.  In typical Vince fashion, he reminded Kurt every chance he got that he was the only one backstage to ever take Angle down.

On a plane ride, Angle decided to get his revenge and took Vince down in the aisle.  McMahon became obsessed with continuing this little feud and attempted to shoot on Angle every chance he got.

During one of the scuffles, the noise woke up a sleeping Undertaker.  Taker obviously did not realize McMahon and Angle were just fooling around, so he grabbed Kurt from behind and promptly choked him out.

8. Andre the Giant vs. Ultimate Warrior

OK, this one didn't take place backstage but it's still worthy because it involves someone shutting up the Ultimate Warrior.

Towards the end of Andre's career, he was doing a house show tour with the Ultimate Warrior and doing the job for him every night.

According to Bobby Heenan, Andre had a bit of a problem with the Warrior during this tour.  There was a spot in the match where Warrior would clothesline Andre and send him into the ropes to be tied up. 

Apparently, Warrior was stiffing Andre on the clothesline and the Giant told him to ease up.  Warrior, being a known egomaniac and kind of a pain in the back, continued to stiff him a few more times.

One night, Andre had enough and waited for the clothesline spot.  When Warrior came running at him like a maniac, Andre simply stuck up his massive fist and caught Warrior right in face, knocking him absolutely senseless.

In the matches after this incident, Warrior apparently barely touched Andre on the clothesline spot.

7. Arn Anderson vs. Disco Inferno

This one is only good because of it's comedic value.

During his WCW days, Arn Anderson was on a plane with the WCW crew heading to a show.  Mike Enos was on his cell phone during the flight and Arn told him to hang up.  Enos doesn't listen and continues his call, so Arn threatens to beat Enos up if he doesn't turn off his phone.

At that point, Disco Inferno leaps from his seat and raises four fingers in the air while saying "Yeah Arn, take care of him Horseman style!"

e!"Arn Anderson promptly slapped Disco in the face and send him stumbling to the ground.

6. Harley Race vs. Hulk Hogan

In the mid-80s when Race was still with the NWA, Hulk Hogan and the WWF came to the Municipal Auditorium in Race's hometown of Kansas City.

Race decided to prove a point and stormed the locker room, surprising both the Funk brothers and champion Hulk Hogan.  He punched Hogan hard in the ribs, sending Hulk falling backwards into a chair.

Hogan, trying to get out of the situation, said "Harley, I thought the first time I saw you in Kansas City, you'd have a great, big gun."

Race calmly replied with "I don't have a great, big one.." and pulled out a .38 caliber handgun, sending Hulk scurrying from the room.

5. Paul Orndorff vs. Big Van Vader

This one occurred backstage in WCW where Orndorff was working as an agent.  Vader arrived late at a TV taping where he was scheduled to do some promo work and Orndorff was yelling at him to hurry up.

There was well-known heat between the two and Vader got into Orndorff's face after getting upset.  Orndorff begged Vader to start a fight since Mr. Wonderful was a fairly tough guy with his share of backstage scraps.

Vader hit Orndorff in the chest with an open palm, sending him to the floor.  Orndorff (wearing sandals) jumped up and knocked Vader down with a right hand punch to the head.  He then kicked Vader in the face until the fight was broken up by other wrestlers.

Vader later claimed that he did not fight back because he was worried about losing his job.  That sounds like an excuse to me.

4. Rick Rude vs. Ultimate Warrior

Ah, another story about someone putting Ultimate Warrior in his place.

During the Rude-Warrior angle in 1989, Rude came backstage after a match and asked Warrior to "lighten up" (stop working so stiffly)...are you sensing a pattern here?

Reportedly, Warrior replied with "I don't have to because I'm the Warrior." 

Rude proceeded to knock Warrior on his %*@ with one punch.

3. Vince McMahon vs. Kevin Wacholz

Older wrestling fans remember Kevin Wacholz (Nailz) as the ex-con brought in to feud with Big Bossman in the early 1990s.  Younger fans have no idea who he is and this fight is the reason why.

Walcholz was upset about his payoff from Summerslam 1992 (the highest attended event in WWE history) and went to Vince to complain.  Vince reportedly blew him off, which made Walcholz even more upset.

Walcholz attacked Vince in his office, choking him out and actually causing McMahon to turn blue.  Obviously, Walcholz was immediately fired and lost out on his planned main-event push against the Ultimate Warrior.

But the story does not end there.

At the McMahon steroid trial, Walcholz was called as a witness for the prosecution.  Walcholz was supposed to help put Vince in jail but contradicted himself so many times that he is possibly the main reason that McMahon was acquitted.

2. Curt Hennig vs. Brock Lesnar

On the infamous "Plane Ride from Hell", future UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar got into a scuffle with the one and only Mr. Perfect, Curt Hennig.

The stories of this plane ride are legendary but only one had the entire plane fearing for their safety.

Hennig was reportedly hammered drunk and kept challenging Lesnar to try and take him down.  Lesnar was a rookie at the time and wasn't quite sure what to make of it.  Paul Heyman apparently told Lesnar that he had to shut Hennig up or he'd never hear the end of it.

So Lesnar jumped up and plowed Hennig into the plane door, nearly ripping the thing off its hinges and causing everyone on the plane to fear for their lives.  The fight was quickly broken up by management and Hennig was fired for his behavior.

1. Bruiser Brody vs. Invader I

Bruiser Brody was a major star in the wrestling business in the 1980s and one of the few to never spend an extended time in either the NWA or WWF.

Brody had been investing in the WWC promotion in Puerto Rico and Jose Huertas Gonzalez (Invader I) was a friend of WWC's promoter and star, Carlos Colon.

Gonzalez was apparently annoyed by Brody's refusal to job in the promotion (something he was famous for) and allegedly took things into his own hands.

On July 16th, 1988 before a match, Gonzalez told Brody to meet him in the shower to discuss business in private.  Wrestlers that night have said they believed Gonzalez was carrying a knife wrapped in a towel.

When Brody ducked to enter the showers, Gonzalez allegedly grabbed Brody by the hair and stabbed him several times in the chest and stomach.  Brody was taken to San Juan for medical treatment but died during surgery.

Gonzalez quickly left the building but was arrested later.  At his murder trial, he claimed he acted in self-defense and was acquitted.  Gonzalez went into retirement claiming his innocence and the Puerto Rican wrestling scene fell into chaos for years.

Does anyone know when the new season of tough enough start or registrations start cause I'm interested in trying out for it

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Yeah, I said it. It felt like it. I think sometimes you guys overhype everything about Attitude Era like everything being put on TV by WWE was gold.
laugh.gif
Bryan's snarky promo, JeriTroll, CM Punk promo, Foley on the mic and return of Mr. Socko, Johnny Ace's Vince Mcmahon-like outburst...all could've been in an episode back then.

4w brought it up...it's Road to Wrestlemania time. This is when WWE usually hits their stride.

...watch them +*** it up next week and have a +%!!%* show.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
This about sums up my thoughts from tonights RAW.
And the Attitude Era is completely over hyped. There were amazing segments during that time, but even then there was never an episode that you watched from start to finish and EVERYTHING was great. If you go back and watch some old episodes of Raw, you will see some terrible terrible segments, matches, etc. Some of the worst segments ever probably came from the Attitude Era.

But it's the gold segments from a show that make it memorable. Jericho, DBry, and the opening and closing segments were all awesome stuff. Even little things like Cena's outburst and Brodus Clay were good.

Definitely a very solid episode of Raw. Looking forward to the next few months of WWE programming.

Welcome back bk.

Watching raw on the dvr.. and the royal rumble commercial said everybody is eligible to enter the royal rumble.. so foley definitely is going to be in it..

What I'm hoping for.. is the wwe champion and the world heavyweight.. to complete in the actual royal rumble match too..

When were we gonna figure out our placement in the NTRumble this year? Yet another Battle Royal that I'm going to win
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by theDEEK

When were we gonna figure out our placement in the NTRumble this year? Yet another Battle Royal that I'm going to win
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

that will be decided by thd COO of NTDown. Tennhouse is draws #1, 3dgaFly # 2 and Toine # 30.

if u talkin about the royal rumble contest, thats up to 4W

what was so good about the last 25 minutes of raw? can someone please point it out? am i missing something?
only thing good about it was john going crazy and then decking foley...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

what was so good about the last 25 minutes of raw? can someone please point it out? am i missing something?
only thing good about it was john going crazy and then decking foley...

D Bry's promo.
Punk and Bryan working the main event.

Jericho getting tagged in and leaving.

Foley coming back.

Punk's promo.

Laurinaitis's promo.

Originally Posted by Liltank0206

Does anyone know when the new season of tough enough start or registrations start cause I'm interested in trying out for it

No word on the a 2nd season, but there is a good chance it will be brought back with the WWE Network, whenever that actually happens.

Back
Top Bottom