Wrestling Thread Jan 9-22 | 1/20 Smackdown Roulette from Vega - D Bry vs Mark Henry

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Peep Game wrote:
Not too sure. Don't remember much about the WCW DVD except that they burried Double J six feet below.
tired.gif

Oh &@^# I haven't seen the complete dvd set, but they just went in on Jarrett, that's messed up. I always thought he was pretty underrated.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

It is absolutely amazing to see a Japanese style match and how the Japanese crowd reacts to the match. A ton of mat/submission work and you should see how big of a deal a move like a dropkick or suplex is. It's amazing. So refreshing to see compared to the 3 minute non-stop high spot matches we see in the US.
Japanese wrestling = sanity. It really is beautiful thing to watch. I like WWE, but I take it for what it is. 'Sports Entertainment'.
Japanese wrestling crowds are awesome, even when watching WWE matches:

laugh.gif
roll.gif

I also
laugh.gif
right after AJ died, close-up on distraught Show with a fan yelling, "Focus Big Show! FOCUS!!!".

laugh.gif

Man, y'all got me wanting to watch Smackdown. I'll catch it tommorrow.

And what was that about Layla dating a woman hombre?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

laugh.gif
roll.gif

I also
laugh.gif
right after AJ died, close-up on distraught Show with a fan yelling, "Focus Big Show! FOCUS!!!".

laugh.gif

Man, y'all got me wanting to watch Smackdown. I'll catch it tommorrow.

And what was that about Layla dating a woman hombre?
nerd.gif

maxinelayla.jpg

Rumor? Newz? I don't know. But
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

laugh.gif
roll.gif

I also
laugh.gif

�The actual match sucked, but the lulz leading up to it�
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Re-watching this for the first time in God knows how long, but how in the hell did this go on?
roll.gif
Everything that went on was so foul.

Random but while doing that search I found this.

Apparently Bourne loves kittes. And big bongs
laugh.gif
. (Hooka, bong, waterpipe.. whatever you call it. It looks like Billy Bong Thorton from Half Baked
pimp.gif
)

396372_307989349243821_100000982753497_899018_560362520_n.jpg

Originally Posted by Mister916

I remember when Boss Man killed Al Snow's dog, Pepper and fed her to Snow 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
405433_308008225908600_100000982753497_899050_795961574_n.jpg

Which led to Al Snow & Big Bossman competing in a Kennel from Hell match at Unforgiven.. which consisted of a regular cage.. which was surrounded by a Hell in a Cell structure.. with savage dogs in between the two.. and the objective was to escape both cages without being attacked by the dogs..
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

Originally Posted by Mister916

I remember when Boss Man killed Al Snow's dog, Pepper and fed her to Snow 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Which led to Al Snow & Big Bossman competing in a Kennel from Hell match at Unforgiven.. which consisted of a regular cage.. which was surrounded by a Hell in a Cell structure.. with savage dogs in between the two.. and the objective was to escape both cages without being attacked by the dogs..
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
How did that match even go?? I don't ever remember hearing anything about it other than Snow winning
laugh.gif

Those dogs were infamous for just pooping and humping each other during the match.

The Kennel From Hell match makes any Punjabi Prison match look like the Taker/Mankind Hell in a Cell by comparison.

I remember watching this live on the black box..
roll.gif

*In tears*

When Al Snow was afraid to go through the door.. because of the savage dogs.. that was on leashes..

roll.gif

Originally Posted by YardFather

Those dogs were infamous for just pooping and humping each other during the match.

The Kennel From Hell match makes any Punjabi Prison match look like the Taker/Mankind Hell in a Cell by comparison.

Pretty much.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Not sure if this was already posted.
Zack Ryder is a Ratings FLOP

Raw on 1/9 got hammered by the second most watched television show in the history of cable television.

The Alabama vs. LSU BCS championship football game did a 16.22 rating and 24.21 million viewers. The only show in the history of cable to do more viewers was last year’s BCS championship game on January 10, 2011, with Oregon vs. Auburn that did a 17.76 rating and 27.32 million viewers. The third biggest would be an October 5, 2009, edition of Monday Night Football that did a 15.3 rating and 21.84 million viewers.

While Raw was a blah show, most people knew ahead of time it was a show where you shouldn’t throw too much out because any kind of big angle would be wasted and should be saved for 1/16, when the January ratings bounce back should start building for the next three weeks. If that doesn’t happen, then it’s something to worry about.

The show did a 2.86 rating and 4.00 million viewers. It was 9th for the night on cable, with four of the eight shows that beat them being related to coverage of the game in some form. Notable is that NCIS, the show at 8 p.m. on USA, did 4.18 million viewers (the game started at 8:30 p.m. but the pre-game show on ESPN did monster numbers as well). But NCIS doesn’t draw the heavy male demo that both football and pro wrestling do. NCIS beating Raw I think has only happened once.

The show did a 2.5 in Male teens (up 9%), a 2.7 in Males 18-49 (down 4%), 1.3 in Women teens (up 44%) and 1.1 in Women 18-49 (down 8%). The show did 68.7% male viewers.

In the segment-by-segment, Sheamus & Santino Marella vs. Wade Barrett & Jinder Mahal lost 238,000 viewers. Edge Hall of Fame package, Zack Ryder and Eve Torres backstage and Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston gained 100,000 viewers. The debut of Brodus Clay vs. Curt Hawkins plus Miz trying to recruit Primo & Epico lost 82,000 viewers. C.M. Punk vs. Jack Swagger gained 128,000 viewers and did a 3.00 rating in the 10 p.m. slot, which is terrible for the slot. Backstage stuff with Bellas and Miz and Ricardo Rodriguez, Cena and Ryder and the Four Horsemen vignette lost 193,000 viewers, which is actually much better than that segment usually does. The segment with R-Truth beating on Rodriguez and the Miz/R-Truth brawl, plus the second appearance of the mute Chris Jericho lost 130,000 viewers. Okay, this is something that is noteworthy. Eve Torres in the ring, Kane’s music hitting, Ryder trying to save her, getting her in the car and trying to change the tire lost 544,000 viewers and did a 2.39 quarter. To lose that many viewers that late in the show before the main event is something significant. And John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler and the conclusion of that segment gained 640,000 viewers, which is normal level, but it still was only a 2.84 overrun, which is the second lowest overrun figure (even the show that did a 2.71 in September hit 3.03 for the overrun), behind only the week they did Punk & Bryan & Ziggler in the trios match, dating back to 1997.

that 1.1 was soley because of Michelle Beadle.
94964_la.jpg

Back
Top Bottom