Wrestling Thread Jan 9-22 | 1/20 Smackdown Roulette from Vega - D Bry vs Mark Henry

Just finished up Smackdown. 
laugh.gif
 @ D Bryan trollin' all the way up the ramp, then hit show with the ether. AJ did sell that spot pretty well. 

Originally Posted by theDEEK

Originally Posted by casekicks

Big Show looked really shook up..I hope that poor little girl is alright cause I know it would just eat him up inside if he hurt her..

Don't worry. She's ok. She's ok. She's ok. She's ok.

Crowd was ruthless with the chants..

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

5 more points and I'll have toine as my valet [mostly my bag carrier] forever.

2ce3vo2.gif
Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

5 more points and I'll have toine as my valet [mostly my bag carrier] forever.
Sorry, Toine. Rules are rules
frown.gif

nuwle.jpg

***NTWEF NEWS & NOTES***

- There are reports coming out that officials are becoming concerned of BKMacs whereabouts. He normally is ignored but the rest of the roster feel that he may have taken it seriously.

- Regardin BrasilianMami becoming a monster heel, there are reports that officials want a cross between abyss and brodus clay. Officials decided to have him become a monster heel because he wasn't getting over as a regular heel.

- Officials have become very impressed with the VeintiSiete/ImThatOne feud. They want them to take it to twitter to broaden the company's popularity. Word also coming in is that they would like the feud to continue all the way to NTMania II, with a stipulation added to the match.

- There has been talk now that to add more momentum to their characters, Toine would be turned heel and JDCurt face.

- Reports coming now regarding the 1-16-12 videos are indeed for the new COO of NTDown and overall COO of the SuperShows. The last video showed a gate door bent in half with blood on the floor and the word "Darkness Is Coming" at the end. Word is that it has been kept quiet on who it is and that not even the CEO 4W, who is in france filming his new movie, doesn't know who it is.

- One of the NTDown COO's new jobs will be to introduce the new NTCore Title, which will have to be defended on SuperShows and PPV's all the time. He will also have to evaluate the current talent and sign new ones.

- There will be an NTWEF Draft the week after NTMania II. Some talent may be on the move, some will stay on their current brands.

"There's no need to be so reckless! How can you be so reckless?!" lolz

I love how D Bry is clearly weaseling his way out of situations but acting like he is oblivious it.

I've been going back through the archives at LiveAudioWrestling... each week they review a classic wrestling event. Just listened to Survivor Series 87.  Really fun stuff, especially when you compare it to the crap we get today.

I'm watching the DREAM New Years show on HDNet which was a mix of MMA and pro wrestling. It is absolutely amazing to see a Japanese style match and how the Japanese crowd reacts to the match. A ton of mat/submission work and you should see how big of a deal a move like a dropkick or suplex is. It's amazing. So refreshing to see compared to the 3 minute non-stop high spot matches we see in the US.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I'm watching the DREAM New Years show on HDNet which was a mix of MMA and pro wrestling. It is absolutely amazing to see a Japanese style match and how the Japanese crowd reacts to the match. A ton of mat/submission work and you should see how big of a deal a move like a dropkick or suplex is. It's amazing. So refreshing to see compared to the 3 minute non-stop high spot matches we see in the US.

Japanese wrestling = sanity. It really is beautiful thing to watch. I like WWE, but I take it for what it is. 'Sports Entertainment'. When I watch stuff from Japan I'm just blown away. Japanese wrestlers have swag (Like the boy Shinsuke in the GIF below), athleticism, and implement masterful psychology in their matches. It's awesome.

1326544566194.gif

Speaking of Japan..

Since leaving WWE Finlay ended up in Smash. Smash promotes three divisions: professional wrestling, mixed martial arts and kickboxing. The professional wrestling branch is led by Tajiri. Well, Finaly basically came in, $*+!%+ #%@* up, and made Tajiri cry.

1326526298068.gif

1326526481185.gif

1326526624191.gif

1326526768655.gif

1326526853658.gif

Speaking of Finlay right now, this guy I know...was telling HILARIOUS stories about Finlay.

Back when Benoit and Angle were feuding, Finlay was the road agent for SmackDown. On a certain episode of SmackDown, the finish for the show was going to be a pull apart brawl between Benoit and Angle, and one of the guys who was going to keep them apart was Finlay. Well, Benoit and Angle decided they were going to have a little fun with Finlay, and decided that once the camera's stopped rolling the two of them would deliberately strip Finlay topless as a rib.

Well, the angle comes and around and as planned Angle and Benoit go at each other like they want to kill each other, and the no fun police hit the ring to break it up with Finlay in toe. The cameras roll and get the footage the WWE needs. Someone yells to Kurt that the camera are stopped and now they're in the "dark" as it were.

Benoit and Angle share a knowing look, and make their move towards the Fighting Irish Bastard. Angle reaches Finlay first, as Benoit is caught up with the no-fun police. Kurt reaches out and grabs hold of Finlay's dress shirt and begins attempting to rip.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Less than 2 seconds after Kurt has attempted to rip Finlay's shirt, Kurt is lying with his back on the mat and Finlay is WHALING INTO HIM. Like, landing blow after blow to the guy. Everyone FREAKS out or is in shock. Benoit is godsmacked, but comes to his senses and grabs Finlay and attempts to pull him off The Olympic Gold Medalist who just got taking down by a guy who was working on a comeback after years of retirement. It took a few moments before Benoit aided by the no-fun police manages to pull Finlay off Angle.

Finlay just snapped on instinct, and just went into full on Street Fighting mode in under two seconds flat, and was even thinking when he did it.

One other story that I was told...

Back in WCW, Uncensored PPV was coming up and management had put Regal and Finlay against each other. Management wanted a pretty violent affair...but there was a problem: The idiots in production had banned the use of blading. Despite this, creative still wanted blood. So, Finlay and Regal came up with their own solution: Regal agreed that Finlay should bust him open hardway.

It !$%%@%* worked. Blood starts gushing out Regal nose and the crowd is shocked. Still, despite this very real pain, Regal continues and finishes the match.

What to know the punchline?

WCW didn't show the blood. As soon as the blood started production freaked and switched to a camera designed to pan the crowd. In fact, you could barely see Regal and Finlay after the nose spot. Regal's nose was legit $*+!%+ for many years following that, and needed surgery in 2003.

The moral of these stories..
Don't $!$! with Dave Finlay. Ever. Unless you want your %++ beat. Even if you're as tough as !$%%@%* Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit.

1326535523636.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshihiro_Tajiri

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

One other story that I was told...

Back in WCW, Uncensored PPV was coming up and management had put Regal and Finlay against each other. Management wanted a pretty violent affair...but there was a problem: The idiots in production had banned the use of blading. Despite this, creative still wanted blood. So, Finlay and Regal came up with their own solution: Regal agreed that Finlay should bust him open hardway.

It !$%%@%* worked. Blood starts gushing out Regal nose and the crowd is shocked. Still, despite this very real pain, Regal continues and finishes the match.

What to know the punchline?

WCW didn't show the blood. As soon as the blood started production freaked and switched to a camera designed to pan the crowd. In fact, you could barely see Regal and Finlay after the nose spot. Regal's nose was legit $*+!%+ for many years following that, and needed surgery in 2003.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshihiro_Tajiri
Did this happen around the time when Finlay & Regal had that parking lot brawl back then? the one that's on that History of WCW dvd from last year?

just seen smackdown
laugh.gif
my man D bryan
pimp.gif

lol at the Spanish guy in the crowd who said man take AJ to my casa
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom