Wrestling Thread Jan 9-22 | 1/20 Smackdown Roulette from Vega - D Bry vs Mark Henry

Originally Posted by Dagrandesoda

im settled in thinking that vince and his writers are undercover racist. Like WTH is this funk character? Give a minority a pimp character with dancing big booty chicks to some lame funk music talking about somebody call my mamma? He loves sterotypes, even if they are 40 years old.......Just stop man. I didnt know wether to laugh or write the NAACP. Then you got mexican gangster characters from the 90s? What mexican gangster you know still dress like that? Even in cali they dont dress like that. I mean seriously, its just racist mess. And I'm sick of it. Done watching wrestling. Not worth seeing this racist mess. Oh did I forget to mention the great white hope cena always wins/? Wrestling is racist guys. Just racist. How many black ppl or people of color you see as the top dog? They anever got one. Dont you dare call The Rock a black man cause he aint. And Mark henery had to go through sleeping with a white woman  and making a hand baby and being called sexual colotate for 15 years before he got a title. And how do they protray him? As a angry black dude. I mean even jimmy wang yang was racist. In WWE, its always gonna be one man's world. If your a minoirty, you can finna only go so far. I mean R truth still got doo doo braids from the 90s and doing splits and get this guys, this shun  RAPs!!!s.

Sorry but wrestling too racist man.
Why don't you just be a good R-Truth.
Yes, I agree with everything you said.  Vince is from another era and lives in his own world.  It's not right, but it's just the way it is in WWE.

Originally Posted by theDEEK

Originally Posted by Mister916

No asian wrestler able to speak fluent english.
Jimmy Wang Yang did when he had his Cowboy Gimmick.

Damn. Touche.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Funaki #1 Smackdown Announcer!

Originally Posted by YardFather

It would've been great if instead of Kane attacking Ryder at the end, Jericho just troll-walked by, changed the tire with ease, and walked off without saying anything.

That would have been awesome.
The entire show as a joke, they might as well have thrown this in.  It would have been the best thing by far.

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

I fell they should have held off on Edge and placed someone who resides where WM 28 is taking place, say Scott Hall, Macho Man or the Rock. They should have held off Edge until they held a WM in Canada. But none the less congrats to Edge who is and always will be one of my favorite superstars.
I agree, but... WWE will never put Hall on camera in his current state.  They don't want to induct The Rock because WWE doesn't want people to think it is a one and done at Mania and he is done with wrestling.  Savage, who knows.  I would have thought he would go in, but with Edge and The Horsemen, that is enough name power for this year's HOF.  Mil Maracas is also going in this year.

Originally Posted by KillTheHype

Ok so I seriously haven't watched this in YEARS! Can someone give me a quick update on what's going on and what are the channels and times?
happy.gif

Also anyone re-leather their belt recently? I want to get my winged eagle and class inter. belts done but I don't want to send them in to someone with no credibility.

Where to start...
First, Raw is Monday's at 9pm et on USA.

Smackdown is Friday's at 8pm et on SyFy.

Superstars and NXT both air on WWE.com.

PPVs usually once a month, always a Sunday night at 8pm et.

TNA Impact airs at 9pm et on Thursdays on Spike.

I would say the biggest storylines right now are:

• Kane and John Cena feuding over Cena not accepting the hate from the fans. Yes, this is the main event storyline on Raw.
  • John Cena and The Rock are having a match at WrestleMania.
  • HHH and The Undertaker are having a match at WrestleMania.
  • Chris Jericho has returned but he has not spoke in two weeks.  The promo videos for him said The End Begins (end of the world), but his current character shows no connection to this.
  • CM Punk defend the WWE Title against Dolph Ziggler at The Royal Rumble (Jan 29).
  • Daniel Bryan is the World Champion.  He's a babyface but is likely turning heel.  He's in a program with The Big Show, and it will likely be a 3way at the Rumble also including Mark Henry.
  • Zack Ryder is the US Champion, but is a total geek/loser.
  • Randy Orton is currently injured with a bad back but is expected back for The Rumble and is probably the favorite to win as it's in his home town (St Louis).
  • Cody Rhodes is the Intercontinental Champion on Smackdown. He's in a feud with Booker T and Goldust (his older brother).
  • Michael Cole is the lead announcer on both Raw and Smackdown and constantly buries talent.
  • WWE is infatuated with Twitter.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Kane rambled on for 7 minutes about embracing hate. Saying the same thing over and over and over, and it's a stupid topic to begin with. Shut the hell up.

At least Cena came out serious for once.

RWD and type what Big Show said during the hand  shake
alien.gif
I missed it and already deleted Raw.  What was it?
I caught that too, 49. He said "You know you suck ****, right?"

SMH at you guys thinking Ryder was getting boos last night. The crowd was Woo'ing. 
alien.gif

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

RWD and type what Big Show said during the hand  shake
alien.gif
I missed it and already deleted Raw.  What was it?
I caught that too, 49. He said "You know you suck ****, right?"

SMH at you guys thinking Ryder was getting boos last night. The crowd was Woo'ing. 
alien.gif

There may have been woos, but there were definitely boos, too.

Just finished RAW. I guess it can all be summed up in one GIF..

qVJTc.gif

Spoiler [+]
SOMEBODY CALL MY MOMMA
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

– The two dancers flanked by Brodus Clay in his Rawdebut were WWE developmental wrestlers Cameron Lynn and Naomi.

devil.gif

I was just watching old PN News chips yesterday and then the Funkasaurus came
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's pretty well known that Stereotypes plague the WWE. Cryme Time, Mexicools, Hunico and his dude, No asian wrestler able to speak fluent english.
lolwut.
taka and funaki had better grammar than philosoKane. 

too bad they held back funaki's mic skills only allowing him to say one word.

DAMNIT bkmac..You did it again didn't you?..You came out here and failed to deliver one more time..I'm so sick of you brutha..You started out in the NTWE with some potential..But instead of being a good little mid-carder you decided to take a risk, which is commendable, and go for broke by changing your image..Now that's all you are is 1 broke image after another..Instead of doing things right and becoming the Ayatollah of Rock and Trolla, you've just become a punchline..How does that feel?..How does it feel to know that no matter what you do it'll never be any good?..You should be ashamed of yourself for subjecting us to that bulls#!t you just dropped on us..Whats it going to take for you to learn your lesson?..You must be stopped..And I'm the one thats gonna do it..BEAT ME IF YOU CAN..SURVIVE IF I LET YOU!!!..

Originally Posted by sneakefreake

R.I.P Brodus Clay's career smh

Agreed.  Yes, it's pretty funny and Clay actually made it work, but this will haunt him for the rest of his career.  It's not a gimmick that will ever get past goofy midcarder, which is fine for some guys (Santino), but it shouldn't have been given to Clay.  Even if he goes away for a while and comes back repackaged, people will never forget the Funkasaurus.

Well, he's 31 or 32 right now, and at his size, he doesn't have a long shelf-life anyway, so I think this is one of those strike while the irons hot things. Not comparing him to the Rock at
all, but when the fans REALLY turned on Rocky Maivia in early/mid 97, Vince was ready to bury him, wash him away, and keep on moving, and we see how he turned out later on.

Originally Posted by hellaones

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

– The two dancers flanked by Brodus Clay in his Rawdebut were WWE developmental wrestlers Cameron Lynn and�Naomi.

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

When I first read CelticPride's post on sticking his tongue in Naomi's booty, I was like hell no.....then I said "what the hell am I thinking?" and have to agree
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So um.....I was waiting on The Night Club. Still waiting.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by sneakefreake

R.I.P Brodus Clay's career smh

Agreed.  Yes, it's pretty funny and Clay actually made it work, but this will haunt him for the rest of his career.  It's not a gimmick that will ever get past goofy midcarder, which is fine for some guys (Santino), but it shouldn't have been given to Clay.  Even if he goes away for a while and comes back repackaged, people will never forget the Funkasaurus.

Well, he's 31 or 32 right now, and at his size, he doesn't have a long shelf-life anyway, so I think this is one of those strike while the irons hot things. Not comparing him to the Rock at
all, but when the fans were REALLY turned on Rocky Maivia in early/mid 97, Vince was ready to bury him, wash him away, and keep on moving, and we see how he turned out later on.

I really don't see the Funkasaurus as the death of Brodus. I mean, how many times have we seen the large man automatically slapped with the monster gimmick?Why not try something fun and new? If it's not working It wouldn't be hard at all for Brodus to snap and become a monster.

Originally Posted by YardFather

Originally Posted by Peep Game

all, but when the fans were REALLY turned on Rocky Maivia in early/mid 97, Vince was ready to bury him, wash him away, and keep on moving, and we see how he turned out later on.

I really don't see the Funkasaurus as the death of Brodus. I mean, how many times have we seen the large man automatically slapped with the monster gimmick?Why not try something fun and new? If it's not working It wouldn't be hard at all for Brodus to snap and become a monster.
Mark_Henry_SC.jpg

MarkHenry-WorldHeavyweightChampion_display_image.jpg

YardFather wrote:

I really don't see the Funkasaurus as the death of Brodus. I mean, how many times have we seen the large man automatically slapped with the monster gimmick? Why not try something fun and new? If it's not working It wouldn't be hard at all for Brodus to snap and become a monster.

Exactly.

I thought Clay was awesome. At first when they announced him from Planet Funk and as the Funkasaurus I was like 'what the hell is this?' but he quickly won me over. I'm all aboard the Funk Train.

I can't see the Funkasaurus been a world champion but he should be a really fun midcarder.

To say this will haunt him forever, though, is ridiculous. Mark Henry has survived worse.

SMH instread of already worrying about how he will be booked in the main event scene, why not just sit back and enjoy the funkman while he's around, eh?

If my Jeribkmac gimmick wasn't in the tops of NTWT, I would love to roll with a Taka Michinoku one. He was one of my favorites during the Attitude Era. The Michinoku Driver was 
pimp.gif

Regarding Zack Ryder..

Last night I realised John Cena is a terrible friend, he really hasn't lived up to the "loyalty" part of his mantra.
It's not just Zack, look at the fates of some of the others that have been friends or allies with Cena.

B-2
Got fired, got dumped, got rabies.

Team WWE from SS2010

Edge - Suffered a career ending injury
Chris Jericho - Emotinally scarred
Bret Hart - Gone
John Morrison - Gone
R-Truth - Conspiracy Victim, was fired at one stage

The Miz (co-tag-team champ)
Conspiracy Victim, was fired at one stage

The Nexus
In kayfabe it's arguable that nobody has benefited from their time in the Nexus. Some even got wished well in their future endeavours or suffered a suspension. Sure they weren't exactly best buds but his former tag-team partner David Otunga offered the hand of friendship on multiple occasions only to be rejected.

Redd Dogg
Forgotten who he was? So has Cena.

Great Khali
Was supposed to be on the 2010 Summerslam team with Cena but got taken out by Nexus, returned in a crappy storyline with Jinder Mahal where his only win was against Jinder himself, now he's gone.

Mick Foley
Cena wasn't appreciative of all the effort poor Mick put into "this is your life", hardly surprising when he didn't even support his own father. Cena just stood by as Mick suffered a Rock-bottom.

Evan Bourne
Little Evan Bourne was crushed when he realised that Cena had abandoned him and felt no choice but to turn to drugs.

Yoshi Tatsu
Stuck on superstars/NXT, completely changed his look after he realised that his "friend" had forgotten him.

Batista and HBK
Both of the partners he won the world tag-titles with have retired, probably due to the mental scars Cena left upon their souls.

Alex Riley
The emotional damage Cena did to Alex Riley rendered him unable to beat the Miz or Dolph Ziggler, two short little tree stumps who are like 1/3 his size. He is now relegated to doing promo work for Mattel and wrestling on Superstars and dark matches with an injured hip. Not to mention that they screwed up his entrance the first time that they did team up.

Zack Ryder
?

Poor Long Island Iced Z
tired.gif

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

....dont abbreviate the word "thread" if you dont have to. It just looks ridiculous.

Speaking of ridiculous....
Hombrelobo
Spoiler [+]

2012 is just not your year, huh bud?

SUPERSHOW TONIGHT, FELLAS!!!

It's on.

Originally Posted by im that one

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]so weird (good)... just like it was '91 watching shawn wrestle... same great bumps, same worker. Ziggler and DB is why i mainly watch. (jericho is newly added).[/color]

Sorry, they had actual matches in 91.  Not a 2 minute squash and a main event that was so important that they didn't care enough about the finish for Cena to stick around or even show if Ziggler got the countout victory.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]you are misunderstanding what i'm saying... watching HIM work (ziggler) is Very similar and reminds me of that and that era because of the Type of worker HE is. I'm not saying the Type of matches are on par though... not at all. Also look at '91; Shawn had Bret, Savage, Roberts, Perfect, Davey Boy, Jannette... who all worked well while being pilled out of their minds. Ziggler gets SuperCena, SuperRandy, and Ryder week in and week out... and out of the 3 Randy used to have really good matches when he was pudgy. But he found supercena status and there it went. The only good matches recently i remember Randy in was his run with Punk and Christian. But there a two big reasons why obviously.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]It's physical and psychological with how he interacts with the crowd, his mannerisms, how Well he SELLS which seems to be very extinct in a lot of ways... i remember a few weeks ago he made a "Rough Ryder" loot like he was shot twice in the chest. Good God THAT is what a finish (finisher) should look like. As a worker HE is on par... Not the writing, Not the match quality, and certainly not the era. [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]We watched some weird Monday Night Raw Horror movie last night... I don't even think the weird Papa Shango vs Ultimate Warrior voodoo angle ever gave us that. I'm Juss Sayin.[/color]

YardFather wrote:

I really don't see the Funkasaurus as the death of Brodus. I mean, how many times have we seen the large man automatically slapped with the monster gimmick? Why not try something fun and new? If it's not working It wouldn't be hard at all for Brodus to snap and become a monster.

Exactly.

I thought Clay was awesome. At first when they announced him from Planet Funk and as the Funkasaurus I was like 'what the hell is this?' but he quickly won me over. I'm all aboard the Funk Train.

I can't see the Funkasaurus been a world champion but he should be a really fun midcarder.

To say this will haunt him forever, though, is ridiculous. Mark Henry has survived worse.

SMH instread of already worrying about how he will be booked in the main event scene, why not just sit back and enjoy the funkman while he's around, eh?
All aboard the Funk Train?  Sure, if you want.  But that train is never leaving midcard station.

so weird (good)... just like it was '91 watching shawn wrestle... same great bumps, same worker. Ziggler and DB is why i mainly watch. (jericho is newly added).

Sorry, they had actual matches in 91.  Not a 2 minute squash and a main event that was so important that they didn't care enough about the finish for Cena to stick around or even show if Ziggler got the countout victory.

you are misunderstanding what i'm saying... watching HIM work (ziggler) is Very similar and reminds me of that and that era because of the Type of worker HE is. I'm not saying the Type of matches are on par though... not at all. Also look at '91; Shawn had Bret, Savage, Roberts, Perfect, Davey Boy, Jannette... who all worked well while being pilled out of their minds. Ziggler gets SuperCena, SuperRandy, and Ryder week in and week out... and out of the 3 Randy used to have really good matches when he was pudgy. But he found supercena status and there it went. The only good matches recently i remember Randy in was his run with Punk and Christian. But there a two big reasons why obviously.

It's physical and psychological with how he interacts with the crowd, his mannerisms, how Well he SELLS which seems to be very extinct in a lot of ways... i remember a few weeks ago he made a "Rough Ryder" loot like he was shot twice in the chest. Good God THAT is what a finish (finisher) should look like. As a worker HE is on par... Not the writing, Not the match quality, and certainly not the era.

We watched some weird Monday Night Raw Horror movie last night... I don't even think the weird Papa Shango vs Ultimate Warrior voodoo angle ever gave us that. I'm Juss Sayin.

laugh.gif
 when Warrior started bleeding from his forehead during an interview?

Back
Top Bottom