Wrestling Thread Jan 5-18 | 1/16 New Japan Debuts on AXS 9pm et - Tanahashi v Okada 2013

This is a pretty cheesy storyline so far. I honestly don't know where they're going with this. Whatever happened to those more dramatic soap operas?

Serious question Marks! With NJPW & WK9, I see that there were a lot of requests for English links, so it'd be fair to assume that these things are always in Japenese. With that premise are you guys actually aware of the storylines and builds for each match. Or are you simply watching for the workrate and actual wrestling?

First off, my update for @Degenerate423  - I am waiting on an item to be delivered to me.  It should be to me later this week.  Assuming all in on track, you will have your NTWT SS gifts by the end of next week.  Again, I apologize for the delay, but consider it an early Royal Rumble gift instead.
All good, man.  I appreciate the updates and I'm happy to wait because I know it's gonna be the best SS gift aside from what my elf got, of course.  Royal Rumble is gonna be trash, I'll consider it an early show after Wrestlemania gift
laugh.gif

Steph couldn't wait to press her chest against Seth.  He's getting the prize one way or another
pimp.gif

Serious question Marks! With NJPW & WK9, I see that there were a lot of requests for English links, so it'd be fair to assume that these things are always in Japenese. With that premise are you guys actually aware of the storylines and builds for each match. Or are you simply watching for the workrate and actual wrestling?
Workrwte wrestling and the story in the ring. I love the Japanese commentary even though I have no clue what they're saying. So much energy and zeal.

all t-shirts 30 % off on wweshop, picked up the owens shirt :smokin

code is tshirt30

Just finished up Nakamura/Ibushi from WK9. Ibushi's kicks are fierce, hell of a match.

Naito does a great job working Ibushi's leg for seven minutes and Kota gets an adrenaline rush and hits a few flying spots. He limps around a little afterward but I would've liked to seen lil time pass before he started doing his spots to sell the leg pain and story more.
Naito gets right back to working on that leg. Hits a cool springboard drop kick to Ibushi's injured leg. Would like to see some better transitions though from Ibushi selling to using his flying spots. Good finish, Ibushi hit his crazy move from the top rope but for a match where his leg was worked for 80% of it, kind of was a little far fetched.

I've been watching non-WWE stuff for years without knowing storylines, so the commentary doesn't matter to me, I just one the matches to be good. I usually just hit wiki or tumblr for storyline/gimmick info

Nattie looking good :pimp:.

Nikki with the almost-Jobber entrance :smh:.

As soon as I get some time this week, I'll watch WK9. You guys hyped it up so much, I hope it delivers :nerd:.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom