Wrestling Thread Jan 4-17 | 1/11 WCW Legend Going Into WWE HoF; Brock Returns to Raw Tonight

It's pretty much settled..I'm going to Mania..If anyone wants to let an old cripple chip in on a hotel that'd be awesome (no Miz)..

3069290.large.jpg

POSTED BY: RYAN SATIN JANUARY 6, 2016
The best things in life may be free, but when you’ve got a family to feed MONEY TALKS — and that’s precisely why recent NXT wrestler James Storm re-signed with TNA before his surprise return.

As we previously reported, Storm was never locked down to a long term deal during his two appearances on WWE programming — and James’ former employer desperately wanted him back.

Sources close to the situation tell us after months of negotiations, WWE was only willing to offer him a deal that would bring Storm less than $100K a year. TNA, on the other hand, was offering 2 1/2 times more than that. Plus, he’d get a portion of merchandise sales for the 2-year contract.

Even better, we’re told his new deal would be guaranteed money — he’d still get paid in full even if TNA suddenly went out of business — and the door was left open by WWE officials for a future return.

View media item 1858684

Former WWE Champion John Cena will have shoulder surgery and will miss this year's Wrestlemania according to a members-only report by PWInsider's Mike Johnson. Via Twitter, Cena confirmed he'll be having the surgery in Birmingham, AL, assumed to be with the famed Dr. James Andrews.

The injury is believed to be a rotator cuff injury, putting Cena out of action for 6-9 months. Cena didn't add any details other than "shoulder surgery".

The 38-year-old Cena's injury is just the latest in a string of injuries to top WWE stars (Seth Rollins, Randy Orton) and mid-level talents like Cesaro in recent months, thinning out the roster and leaving WWE to focus on talents like WWE Champion Roman Reigns, Sheamus, Dean Ambrose, The New Day, and Kevin Owens to help carry things. Brock Lesnar returns this Monday on RAW and Chris Jericho just returned Monday to help add some part-time depth.

Cena just returned from a short absence off TV as he was filming a reality series for FOX. He was expected to continue his feud with U.S. Champion Alberto Del Rio.

Imma try do everything I can to help out you guys coming to Dallas for WM.

Going to WM, need to look into NXT. No Raw after WM.

EDIT: :nerd: Cena out for Mania.

A lot up in the air for the Mania now. A Roman vs HHH main event isn't attractive imo.

Last edited:
So if I go to Mania I won't see Cena, but will possibly see Shinsuke or BK?..Woooooo!!..This decision is getting easier and easier..

BK Fashion and Yoshinoya Nakasaki will be on our TVs sooner rather than later with this news ab Cena imo

Damn, I feel for Cena after the year he had. Will be missed for sure, WM without Cena sounding :rolleyes

There's a Lucha Underground mini marathon on El Rey for anybody interested. Think it's the last 3 episodes of the 1st season.

Yikes at that Cena news. Well, I think, based on his recovery speed.

Airfare is going to cost me around 475-500..Plus about 300 for just the Mania ticket..Now just gotta figure out the hotel portion..And a rental car..Damn, this is adding up fast..

Told u. Got u on the hotel if @Degenerate423 isn't taking my offer. eff the rental. I'm ubering when I get there

Back
Top Bottom