Wrestling Thread Jan 28-Feb 3 | 1/31 TNA Impact From England - Angle v Anderson, RVD v Ion v King

when 4W gets a shot in on you, thats gotta sting.....
laugh.gif

its like that episode of the Simpsons when Martin, of all people, gets a good insult in on Bart, and the whole class laughs.
laugh.gif

Appreciate it fellas.

i only understand what heel is, someone explain to me what all that other stuff like face and kayfabe and babyface or whatever means, pls

While neither WWE nor The WWE Network are mentioned in the report specifically, a new article published by AdAge.com is noting that YouTube is prepping to launch paid subscription channels that would allow customers to pay anywhere from $1 to $5 per month for content. The article notes the following:

YouTube has reached out to a small group of channel producers and asked them to submit applications to create channels that users would have to pay to access. As of now it appears that the first paid channels will cost somewhere between $1 and $5 a month, two of these people said. In addition to episodic content, YouTube is also considering charging for content libraries and access to live events, a la pay-per-view, as well as self-help or financial advice shows.

It's not clear which channels will be part of the first paid-subscription rollout, but it is believed that YouTube will lean on the media companies that have already shown the ability to develop large followings on the video platform, including networks like Machinima, Maker Studios and Fullscreen. YouTube is also looking outside its current roster of partners for candidates.

Given the fact that WWE is ending many of its original YouTube programs such as Zack Ryder's show, WWE Download, etc, it's very possible that the company is entertaining the idea of having its content, which could include the WWE Network, as part of the new YouTube plan.

http://adage.com/article/digital/youtube-set-introduce-paid-subscriptions-spring/239437/

Last night’s WWE RAW drew 5.02 million viewers on the USA Network. The final rating for the show is a 3.7 rating.

This is up 21% in viewers and 16% in the ratings from last week. This is the first time RAW has topped 5 million viewers since RAW 1,000.

Needless to say WWE officials were pleased with the post-Royal Rumble numbers as they have already issued a press release touting the success of last night’s ratings.

- WWE issued the following this evening:

USA NETWORK’S “WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW” DELIVERS BEST NUMBERS IN ALL DEMOS SINCE JULY 2012

WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW – the most-watched, regularly scheduled program on cable, airing live every Monday night, 52 weeks a year – had a great night with the best rating in all demos since July 2012 when the show aired it’s 1000th episode and debuted a new third hour of the show.

This week’s 8pm-11:10pm episode of WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW delivered its biggest audience since converting to a 3-hour format on 7/23/12 with 2.4 million (2.395MM) P18-49, 2.4 million (2.37MM) P25-54,1.3 million (1.25MM) P18-34 and 5 million (5.01MM) total viewers.

RAW delivered more M18-34 than any other program on television, broadcast or cable, and was second only to “The Following” on FOX for M18-49.

RAW made USA the #1 network in cable with double-digit margins over #2 History and was the only network to average over 2 million P18-49 (2.28MM, +58% over #2 HIST), 2 million P25-54 (2.26MM, +25%) or 4 million total viewers (4.80MM, +21%).

Man it is because there is no damn football to go up against RAW.

DDPYOGA ‏@DDPYoga
@shanehelmscom don't forget that @EdgeRatedR is on the podcast tonight bro, call in and say hello http://ddpradio.com 9pmEST (347) 994-1216

While neither WWE nor The WWE Network are mentioned in the report specifically, a new article published by AdAge.com is noting that YouTube is prepping to launch paid subscription channels that would allow customers to pay anywhere from $1 to $5 per month for content. The article notes the following:

YouTube has reached out to a small group of channel producers and asked them to submit applications to create channels that users would have to pay to access. As of now it appears that the first paid channels will cost somewhere between $1 and $5 a month, two of these people said. In addition to episodic content, YouTube is also considering charging for content libraries and access to live events, a la pay-per-view, as well as self-help or financial advice shows.

It's not clear which channels will be part of the first paid-subscription rollout, but it is believed that YouTube will lean on the media companies that have already shown the ability to develop large followings on the video platform, including networks like Machinima, Maker Studios and Fullscreen. YouTube is also looking outside its current roster of partners for candidates.

Given the fact that WWE is ending many of its original YouTube programs such as Zack Ryder's show, WWE Download, etc, it's very possible that the company is entertaining the idea of having its content, which could include the WWE Network, as part of the new YouTube plan.

http://adage.com/article/digital/youtube-set-introduce-paid-subscriptions-spring/239437/
I saw this too and I hope the WWE network doesn't end up being a dumb Youtube channel.   I'd love for WWE to have there own cable or pay extra channel like HBO or Showtime etc and reach out to all the smaller promotions like TNA, ROH etc and have them all on the channel too.  It's time for wrestling to have its own channel.  

Last edited:
I'm not looking foward to Jericho vs Ryback. Or Orton Vs Sheamus. Or Brock vs HHH for that matter :smh:

Not feeling this potential WM card

Cameron and Naomi need to be in a Big Booty Revenge vid. ASAP!

Why do I know what that is. :smh:

:lol: :lol: don't be ashamed

I'm rewatching the Brad Maddox footage and I really hope they don't turn this guy face from this. His character is perfect as heel.

Feel the same way. I've been digging his character so far, and if they turn him face, he may as well be Mike McGillicutty.

So this is what ya'll meant by "Hey, that's my move" :rofl:

And 'Ricardo Montenegro' is genius, whether you randomly came up with it yourself, or took it from Ricardo Rodriguez and Del Rio's crappy brother.

Last edited:
Actually Peep: - Alberto Del Rio’s brother Memo Montenegro has been impressing officials in WWE developmental with the way he has been improving. Another star who is improving in the eyes of NXT officials is Denton Blackwell, a former University of North Texas football player. Blackwell previously worked for Booker T’s promotion in Texas.

- According to new data from WWE, the 2012 TLC pay-per-view with John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler plus Ryback, Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns did an estimated total of 170,000 buys. This is down a bit from the 179,000 buys that TLC 2011 drew. An updated number will be released with WWE’s first quarter report.

Here are updated estimated pay-per-view numbers from WWE’s 2012 fourth quarter:

* Hell In a Cell – 200,000
* Survivor Series – 212,000
* TLC – 170,000

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom