Wrestling Thread Jan 28-Feb 3 | 1/31 TNA Impact From England - Angle v Anderson, RVD v Ion v King

They can just someone go back to their small 2009 feud where Taker won back the title at Hell in a Cell

Go home show for EC, have Punk come out at the end of the show and do his promo but make sure to emphasise that he's gonna win his title back and continue his streak that in his mind should never have ended, continue on to say that his streak with the title is the best streak anyone has ever seen in the past 20 years. Then have Taker do what was suggested and build from there.

welp.

pretty good RAW from what I saw.. missed the first hour.. but the 2nd half was solid.

LOLWUT

we must not have watched the same show.Only good thing on raw was cm punk rock segments, everything else was garbage (lingere dance off, karaoke , cena promo, Bo Dallas. etc.)

awful raw
It was a bad Raw with three really great segments.

Opening segment with CM Punk.

Middle segment with Rock and Punk (not great, but pretty good).

Closing segment with Heyman, Vince, and Lesnar.

All of the rest of Raw was filler garbage.

For me that's a good Raw, although the filler was the worst filler ever

I was listening to another episode of MLW Radio (something yall SLEEP ON) and I came to the realization.

I love wrestling again.

I mean this from the bottom of my heart man. No gay stuff.

It is because of NT that I love this sport again.

Thank you man.

SERIOUSLY.

Thank tyou

idk about ya'll but Khali singing Shawn's theme had me dying :lol:
And then Tensai with the buried dance :lol:

If they would have cut down the time of Show and Del Rio's segment it would have been great, it went on too long but I thought it was well played.

The only things I found terrible and had me facepalming was the Divas fiasco and RyBack's "joke".

Episode 50: Bookers Roundtable Part 1 (Konnan + Court Bauer + Gabe Sapolsky + MSL) -

The panel includes:

*Gabe Sapolsky: Our guest is the current booker of Dragon Gate USA & EVOLVE and is the co-founder of Ring of Honor. Follow him @BookitGabe and http://www.DGUSA.tv. On December 8, EVOLVE will be on iPPV via www.WWNLive.com with Johnny Gargano vs. Sami Callihan and much more!

*Konnan: AAA booker and one of Lucha Libre's preminent minds. When not booking, Konnan can be found flying high on Air Iran powered by Iranian Tobacco. #boom

*Court Bauer: Former WWE Creative Executive and Major League Wrestling (MLW) founder and booker. Today Court works as a producer and brand developer in MMA & TV.

*Mister Saint Laurent: Booking independent wrestling since he was a teenager, Saint Laurent is currently overseeing the creative for Orlando, Florida based I BELIEVE IN WRESTLING.

Some of the topics on part 1 of this epic podcast include:

-Relationship with the wrestling media and newsletters.

-The booking lifestyle

-How the booking lifestyle changes when you become a parent.

-Being in a bubble when booking.

-Getting in the zone to book and be creative.

-Fertile environments for being creative.

-Promotion wars

-How bookers mature with age.

-The ego of being a booker.

-Court and Gabe talk for the first time since 2004.

-Konnan's time in Ring of Honor and what happened behind behind the scenes leading into it.

-How booking is such a unique position within wrestling compared to other jobs in the business.

-Developing and working with talent.

-The neurotic ways of talent and how a booker has to work with them.

-The stress of running a wrestling operation and micro-managing the entire show.

-Booker pet peeves

-Handling talent and their input on matches and the big picture.

-Talent knowing their role in the ring and as part of a show.

-Talent that takes a booker's rejection of an angle personally.

-Personal feelings in the wrestling business blinding you from doing business the right way.

-Mistakes made as young bookers in the game.

-Talent that lashes out privately and publicly blaming Gabe for their own struggles

-Discovering talent and taking a bow for it.

-Dealing with Low Ki

-Gabe explains Special K to Konnan and how the gimmick came to be.

-Gabe stumps the crew on a question!

-When talent has a beef and it screws up the company's plans.

-Issues with Vampiro when you're the booker

-Cibernetico and Chessman drama

-The blowback from a real-life feud in WWE and how it damaged main event plans.

-Dealing with Raven in ROH and MLW.

-Booking Raven vs CM Punk

-Dusty Rhodes paranoia about the WWE offices being bugged by Vince.

-Eric Bischoff's hotel room getting de-bugged!

-WCW checking hotel phone records to see who was stooging

Episode 51: Bookers Roundtable Part 2 (Konnan + Court Bauer + Gabe Sapolsky + MSL) -

It's part 2 of our bookers roundtable discussion with award winning booker Gabe Sapolsky of Dragon Gate/EVOLVE, former WWE Creative Executive/MLW booker Court Bauer, AAA booker Konnan and I Believe Wrestling booker Mister Saint Laurent.

Check out Gabe's fantastic promotions Evolve and Dragon Gate on iPPV and on demand at www.WWNLive.com! You won't find higher quality streaming content and at such an affordable price. Do it!

Topics dicussed on this week's show include…

-Booking vs. being on a writing team. What's the difference?

-Should Gabe consider an opportunity with WWE on creative?

-Gabe shares Paul Heyman's advice on joining the WWE Creative team

-Court shares Gary Hart's point of view on the WCW creative team from the late 80s/early 90s

-Writing for a specific talent.

-Building chemistry with talent and getting assigned to work with them exclusively in WWE

-Who worked specifically with Batista at WWE from creative?

-Battling burn out and fatigue as a booker.

-When talent pulls 11th hour stuff and it causes creative headaches.

-Konnan & Gabe negotiate a talent situation on the air for AAA and Dragon Gate/Evolve!

-Konnan asks Gabe what talent he should look at for AAA bookings in 2013.

-The time Cornette and Konnan almost battled on the mic in ROH.

-Corino vs. Homicide where Corino lost his hair in ROH and who's idea it was.

-Sabu returning to ECW and the vibe backstage right before that moment.

-Issues with Low Ki and how he's matured over the years.

-Those times when you go online and see angles and finishes pop up on web sites.

-Blowback from AAA office about Konnan talking openly about creative plans.

-Gabe joining Paul Heyman in TNA and what Heyman's administrative and creative plans were.

-The REAL story behind Paul Heyman and Dixie Carter at TNA.

-Was Paul Heyman going to fire everyone at TNA?

-What current major WWE stars did he Heyman envision for his version of TNA.

-What major match) did Heyman have penciled in for TNA

-Konnan shares a story about how he recommended Gabe for a gig at TNA.

-Favorite ECW angle for Gabe.

-Fascinating note on the first ever match between Dreamer and Raven in ECW that ECW die hards will love to know.

-Rey vs. Psicosis in ECW

-The time the Brusie Bros nearly jumped Gabe backstage at ECW.

-How did Paul treat Gabe for the first 6 months at ECW.

-The difference between Dragon Gate and EVOLVE

-Traits you look for when scouting talent.

-Jeff Hardy behind the scenes at WWE and TNA

-Hardys and their fans

-Talent depth issues today.

-How the business has changed in the development of talent.

-Fit Finlay's incredible value and contributions as a teacher in the ring.

-Does Gabe push guys hard out of the gates knowing WWE is going to sign them away?

-Booking and handling independent talent knowing that WWE can and will sign them away.

-Ricky Steamboat working with CM Punk & Samoa Joe

-Transitioning talent from the indy world to the big stage.

-The current generation of talent and what they are influenced by - for better or for worse.

-The value of in-ring teachers today.

-What's the preferred methodology for composing your booking concepts for Konnan, Court & Gabe.

-The climate of the WWE's writers room and how counter intuitive it was to the creative process.

-Gary Hart's creative environment. #IranianTobacco

-Konnan makes some cryptic AAA to U.S. comments!

-How did Gabe find CM Punk?

-MLW and ROH wars!

-ECW backstage brawl stories

-A scandalous Cranky Vince allegation by Gabe!

It's cool but why?  What reason does Taker have to get involved?

Because a whinny heel still claiming to be the "best in the world" after losing the belt even after interference is annoying enough to wake the dead? I don't know. I just like the concept lol.

Or lights can go out and the 'takers gong sounds off and the lights turn back on and the shield go scattering off because they are afraid. punk turns around....Rock bottom.....People's elbow 1-2-3.

We get video packages of Punk and Taker's paths colliding on Punk's way to put meaning to the "Best in the world" label and finally headline a Wrestlemania closing match.

Thought this was funny. I still have to get WWE 13

EC I would like to see is lights going out, Shield assaulting Rock again, then lights hit again, the Deadman appears and costs Punk title setting up that storyline. You can even take Shield out and just Taker appears when people think it will be them.

I was just thinking this. Lights go out. Shield comes in through the floor or whatever. Actually lights are optional. They're giving Rock the business with Punk laying in the corner chilling. The Shield is getting ready to position Rock for the Tri-Bomb and suddenly the lights go out. When they come back out, Taker is standing there and then lays the Shield out. After that he looks over at Punk, does the throat slash and then Tombstones Punk. Rock hits the people's elbow, 1.2.3.

If Cena doesn't have a match, he can be special guest ref and the shield can lay him out with Rock. While Rock is celebrating, Cena then gives him the AA officially getting their build up brewing full speed ahead.

As for why would Taker care about Punk. Well lets start by having Punk talk crap about Taker and the streak.

I was listening to another episode of MLW Radio (something yall SLEEP ON) and I came to the realization.

I love wrestling again.

Thank you man.

SERIOUSLY.

Thank tyou

No matter what true wrestling fans always find their way back. Welcome home my friend, welcome home :smokin

idk about ya'll but Khali singing Shawn's theme had me dying
laugh.gif

And then Tensai with the buried dance
laugh.gif

If they would have cut down the time of Show and Del Rio's segment it would have been great, it went on too long but I thought it was well played.

The only things I found terrible and had me facepalming was the Divas fiasco and RyBack's "joke".
Khali singing had me cracking up.  So did Jinder's jeggings.

The Tensai segment had me embarrassed to be watching the show.

I love wrestling again.

Thank you man.

SERIOUSLY.

Thank tyou
Glad your spark got reignited champ.  Good to have you back in the mix.

Vince broke his pelvis from that F5

I knew he had to be legit injured the way he was reacting

I love wrestling again.

Thank you man.

SERIOUSLY.

Thank tyou
we know you watch every week and have been for months 
laugh.gif

what are they doing with Matt Bloom exactly?

im thinking of calling myself Ricardo Montenegro.

but there has to be a nickname in between. Ricardo "The _____" Montenegro

help?

inb4 the mark, the troll, etc.

EDIT: happy birthday toine

Last edited:
Anyone have a site with all the stats from this year's Rumble match?  Wikipedia isn't updated yet.

when 4W gets a shot in on you, thats gotta sting.....
laugh.gif

its like that episode of the Simpsons when Martin, of all people, gets a good insult in on Bart, and the whole class laughs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom